AR maker authorized by ATF to make non AOW AR pistol w/ foregrip and.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AR maker authorized by ATF to make non AOW AR pistol w/ foregrip and..

humanguerrilla
10-07-2011, 16:02
the ATF does not consider it a pistol and it transfers under "other" on the 4473.
interesting.

http://www.franklinarmory.com/PRODUCTS_XO-26.html

Glockdude1
10-07-2011, 16:07
SBR/SBS laws make no sense. It still a semi-auto, no matter where your support hand is on the weapon, or the length of the barrel.

:cool:

Bushflyr
10-07-2011, 16:09
That's pretty cool. So basically anything without a buttstock and over 26 inches can have a VFG. Now, where's my measuring tape? :supergrin:

WoodenPlank
10-07-2011, 16:15
Unfortunately, the ATF is able to change it's mind about these things at any time. All it takes is a change in the branch head and a letter contradicting this one to screw things up for everyone involved.

ScrappyDoo
10-07-2011, 17:36
So I am very interested in this- Is it definitely NOT a pistol? So in NJ I will not need a pistol permit, I can just order it? as if it was a rifle?

WoodenPlank
10-07-2011, 17:40
So I am very interested in this- Is it definitely NOT a pistol? So in NJ I will not need a pistol permit, I can just order it? as if it was a rifle?

State law can still consider it a pistol. Their website states that California considered it such.

michael e
10-07-2011, 17:43
That thing is ugly. Never was a fan of the AR pistol look. But could be useful for zombie invasion.

m2hmghb
10-07-2011, 18:06

Don't think anything that's class 3 is legal in NJ except for LEO and .mil. I know SBR and SBS are illegal so I doubt AOW is legal.

WoodenPlank
10-07-2011, 18:15
Don't think anything that's class 3 is legal in NJ except for LEO and .mil. I know SBR and SBS are illegal so I doubt AOW is legal.

For the moment, it isn't considered an AOW by the ATF. He can certainly run afoul of state law, though.

Deployment Solu
10-07-2011, 19:04
I may need one!!!!:whistling:

FatBoy
10-07-2011, 21:44
That's pretty cool. So basically anything without a buttstock and over 26 inches can have a VFG. Now, where's my measuring tape? :supergrin:

THis^^^^^:wow:

american lockpicker
10-07-2011, 22:34
Now we need a "tommy gun" thats 26 over all and has 2 grips. :)

lawman800
10-10-2011, 03:32
I don't get it, in CA we cannot get sbs/sbr but we can get aow, but this seems to be just a plain run of the mill pistol as far as CA law is concerned... But that would also mean everything without a stock and is not readily concealable falls under this new decision. Interesting times indeed.

lawman800
10-10-2011, 03:33
Btw, any bets on how fast this head of ATF technology gets fired?

COLOSHOOTR
10-10-2011, 03:42
Btw, any bets on how fast this head of ATF technology gets fired?

Next week.... They need another scape goat for the Fast & Furious operation.

Interesting, but I'd be worried the ATF will change their mind next year and try to hit you with having an illegal NFA weapon because you own one.

WoodenPlank
10-10-2011, 04:03
Next week.... They need another scape goat for the Fast & Furious operation.

Interesting, but I'd be worried the ATF will change their mind next year and try to hit you with having an illegal NFA weapon because you own one.

I imagine that it would be as simple as removing the foregrip and never installing it again.

KalashniKEV
10-10-2011, 06:10
AR maker authorized by ATF to make non AOW AR pistol w/ foregrip and..

and... it's still useless junk.

FatBoy
10-10-2011, 13:59
Now we need a "tommy gun" thats 26 over all and has 2 grips. :)

They use to make one. It was the A-5 . Currently they don't make it.

FB

Spiffums
10-10-2011, 15:47
I imagine that it would be as simple as removing the foregrip and never installing it again.

Unless they pull that "Once a _____________ always a ____________" crap they get.

WoodenPlank
10-10-2011, 17:51
Unless they pull that "Once a _____________ always a ____________" crap they get.

I don't know that I have ever seen that applied to anything except machine guns.

NEOH212
10-10-2011, 20:37
SBR/SBS laws make no sense. It still a semi-auto, no matter where your support hand is on the weapon, or the length of the barrel.

:cool:

+1 :agree:

Unfortunately, we are stuck with having to comply with the law until someone changes it, which I don't see happening any time soon.

WoodenPlank
10-10-2011, 21:21
+1 :agree:

Unfortunately, we are stuck with having to comply with the law until someone changes it, which I don't see happening any time soon.

We have much better chances of getting the Hughes Amendment repealed than we do the NFA, and the chances of Hughes being repealed are slim - despite the fact that it was added to FOPA on very shaky legal grounds.