Duty Ammo, are you satisified with it? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Duty Ammo, are you satisified with it?

3000fps
10-07-2011, 23:34
1)What is your current duty ammunition?

2)Are you satisfied with the ammunition you carry?

I remember reading a while back about an officer who loaded his patrol rifle with American Eagle Tactical Tracers, a while later he was arrived on scene to be engaged in a firefight with an active shooter.

Upon shooting (and missing) the offender, after action, the officer was fired for carrying his own personal bought ammunition.

Here is a relatively interesting article on the more common Speer Gold Dot 180 grain bonded rounds.

(Warning: Large .PDF file, and contains images that are graphic in nature and not suitable for common work conditions, and children)

http://concealedcarryholsters.org/wp-content/files/FBI-Analysis-on-PA-Police-Shootout.pdf

DaBigBR
10-08-2011, 01:44
The department authorizes ALL Gold Dot loads and all Win Ranger Bonded loads for handguns (plus Win Ranger 127gr +p+ non-bonded in 9mm). We ISSUE 124gr +p 9mm, 180gr .40, and 230gr .45, all in Speer Gold Dot. For the .223 we require, but do not issue, Speer Gold Dot 62gr bonded rounds.

We have not had a shooting with the ammunition, so we have no direct experience with terminal performance. We our satisfied with the reliability of the ammunition and selected what we did based upon the experiences of other agencies.

collim1
10-08-2011, 02:40
I am issued 165g Gold Dots in .40 and required to carry them in uniform. They issue us the Federal LE 00buck and Federal LE 1oz slug. We are required to carry buck in the tube with slugs optional on the saddle.

They will also issue us 147g 9mm Gold Dot and 135g+P short barrel Gold Dots in .38spl for off duty/BUG's. Any other calibers we can carry our own ammunition. I keep it simple and carry Gold Dots in my .45auto.

I am happy with our ammo. The Federal buck loads pattern really well in both of my shotguns.

JohnnyReb
10-08-2011, 02:44
165gr Winchester ranger, 40 S&W is current issue. Although, there has been rumors about going back to the hydra shok because we have had numerous setback issues, and bullets loaded backwards in the case.

Rifle is 64gr Winchester Ranger power points.

For our shotguns, its some exotic powered lead core slug, that I can't remember the name of.

toddmog
10-08-2011, 08:58
We are issued Winchester Ranger T 9mm in 147grn. I've done some informal water jug tests on it and like it.

For rifles, I was shocked to hear the issued ammo is Winchester 55grn FMJ. As a reserve, I'm qualified on my personal rifle and have to provide the same ammo as is issued to the full time guys.

It's kinda silly that they will provide me with enough duty ammo for my G17 and G26 twice a year, but make me buy my own rifle ammo. Oh well!

acpd541
10-08-2011, 08:59
230gr Federal Hydra-shock for .45 ACP since at least 1993

Vigilant
10-08-2011, 10:22

I remember reading a while back about an officer who loaded his patrol rifle with American Eagle Tactical Tracers, a while later he was arrived on scene to be engaged in a firefight with an active shooter.

Upon shooting (and missing) the offender, after action, the officer was fired for carrying his own personal bought ammunition.

Here is a relatively interesting article on the more common Speer Gold Dot 180 grain bonded rounds.

(Warning: Large .PDF file, and contains images that are graphic in nature and not suitable for common work conditions, and children)

http://concealedcarryholsters.org/wp-content/files/FBI-Analysis-on-PA-Police-Shootout.pdf

Interesting. Also proof that 'shotgun' is a universal language, within the bounds of range, etc. No humor intended.

We recently went to 180 grain Gold Dots. I feel a WHOLE lot better than I did back in the days of the M65 and 18 rounds of 125 grain .38 +P.

CAcop
10-08-2011, 10:30
9mm=127gr Win Ranger +p+
.40=165gr Win Ranger
10mm=175gr Win SilverTip
.45=230gr WinRanger +p
.223=75gr Hornady TAP (soon to be 5.56 TAP=300 extra FPS)

I am not thrilled with the +p version of the .45 round we carry. The chart we have from Winchester in the range shows it does not perform as well as the standard pressure round. It is going to take the Lt in charge of firearms retiring for a lot of changes to be made. I'll have some interesting stories to tell when he does.

The other rounds do fine.

MakeMineA10mm
10-08-2011, 10:54
We're issued Federal Hydra-Shoks in 40S&W(not sure on weight-probably 180s) and 45ACP (230gr).

I personally don't care about our ammo, as long as it goes "bang!" every time. I don't think there's any pistol-caliber ammo out of a short (pistol-length) barrel that's worth a hoot as a fight stopper, because it has a "magic bullet." I'm firmly in the "if it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting multiple times" camp, and the "shoot 'til it's falling down" camp of defensive pistol use. That said, I want accurate, aimed shots, not just a sound like a machinegun...

Our state academy did some extensive pistol bullet testing a few years ago, and showed that FMJ worked almost as well as the premium JHPs on the market at that time, but it fed more reliably. When we run out of duty ammo, we issue the FMJ practice ammo we shoot at the range.

DaBigBR
10-08-2011, 11:36
The Federal buck loads pattern really well in both of my shotguns.

If it's the Flite Control buckshot, that stuff is absolutely amazing. It has yet to pattern larger than the chest of a "Q" target at up to 25 yards for me. Truly incredible stuff. At 7 yards it leaves a single hole on our targets the size of a softball where our last stuff would have easily identifiable pellets.

Glocker1984
10-08-2011, 12:24
230gr .45ACP Speer Gold-Dot's and Yes I am very satisfied.

collim1
10-08-2011, 13:43
If it's the Flite Control buckshot, that stuff is absolutely amazing. It has yet to pattern larger than the chest of a "Q" target at up to 25 yards for me. Truly incredible stuff. At 7 yards it leaves a single hole on our targets the size of a softball where our last stuff would have easily identifiable pellets.

It is the Flite control wad, but I noticed it is no longer a low recoil round. It thumped me pretty good when I did some shotgun practice this week.

I is still lethal IMO at 40yds. I can still get 4-5 pellets on a Q target at that distance If if the shot is centered. It also doesn't throw the usual flyer pellet that is way off pattern at any distance past 15yds.

p.d.
10-08-2011, 19:46
230gr Federal Hydra-shock for .45 ACP since at least 1993

The same for us in .45 ACP, although we are changing to the HST round as we are being told that Federal is dropping the Hydra-Shok. We issue .40 S&W Federal 180 grain HST, and Federal 62 grain Bonded and Hornaday TAP rounds for .223.

DaBigBR
10-08-2011, 21:23
It is the Flite control wad, but I noticed it is no longer a low recoil round. It thumped me pretty good when I did some shotgun practice this week.

I is still lethal IMO at 40yds. I can still get 4-5 pellets on a Q target at that distance If if the shot is centered. It also doesn't throw the usual flyer pellet that is way off pattern at any distance past 15yds.

I believe that they make full house and low recoil versions. We have the low recoil and have been very satisfied.

For the rest of you: if you're using any other buckshot, odds are that you're missing out.

Chico Bill
10-08-2011, 21:37
I believe that they make full house and low recoil versions. We have the low recoil and have been very satisfied.

For the rest of you: if you're using any other buckshot, odds are that you're missing out.

+1

That stuff is amazing! I've only used the low recoil version but the patterns really do have to be seen to believe.

Esox357
10-08-2011, 23:28
I have seen that before, probably on here. My agency was involved in a shooting a year back and the perp was shot with 40 caliber Gold Dots. He was DRT. Shot distance was approximately 3 yards. The fatal shot went through the side of his face and out the back of his head. I believe they were 165 grain Gold Dots since we could not get the 180's at the time. I use gold dots off duty as well as on. Ultimately no round will ever be 100% especially in a handgun.

lawman800
10-09-2011, 00:37
Winchester Ranger SXT for all authorized handgun calibers.

380, 38 special +p, 9mm +p+, 40, 45+p, 357.

I am happy with it. All my handguns (duty/off-duty/alternate) are 9mm with my backup in 38+p.

Chico Bill
10-09-2011, 08:47
My agency issues:
9mm 147gr Winchester Ranger-T
.45ACP 230gr Win Ranger-T
.38 135gr Gold Dot
or Winchester Ranger 110gr +P+ (Not sure if still made...I still have one box)

I guess we just went from Win Ranger .223 to Speer.

For 12ga Dept allows major brand 9 pellet OO Buck, 27 pellet #4 Buck, and Foster slugs.

SCSU74
10-09-2011, 11:25
Our agency issues Speer Gold Dot across the board, i carry a .45 and am issued 230g. I am very happy with the round and have not had any issues with it. We are issued Speer lawman for training and have not had any issues with it either.

Ajon412
10-09-2011, 12:48
-Federal HST .40 165gr for issued Duty Weapon (handgun)
-Federal Reduced Recoil .00 buck / 9 pellet and Reduced Recoil Tactical Slug for shotguns
-Federal Tactical Bonded .55 gr for Patrol Rifles

Shotgun ammo was Polyshok until they closed up shop. Ammo for P.O.W for OD / BUG use is to be of "similar nature" to duty ammo. Any premium / major brand JHP ammo will do.

GenoTac Ind.
10-09-2011, 13:28
-Federal HST .40 165gr for issued Duty Weapon (handgun)
-Federal Reduced Recoil .00 buck / 9 pellet and Reduced Recoil Tactical Slug for shotguns
-Federal Tactical Bonded .55 gr for Patrol Rifles

Same.

Hack
10-09-2011, 13:38
Last I have seen for us it is either Winchester or Remington products for small arms. It is up to the Lock Shop/Armorers to carry out the purchasing for each institution and probably according to BOP guidelines.

CJStudent
10-09-2011, 14:02
Last I have seen for us it is either Winchester or Remington products for small arms. It is up to the Lock Shop/Armorers to carry out the purchasing for each institution and probably according to BOP guidelines.

We're pretty well set up; Speer Gold Dot 9mm (not sure of weight) for pistols and SMGs, I think Remington frangible #4 buckshot, and WWB 55 gr ball 5.56mm for the M16A1s. Perimeter is set up with SMGs instead of rifles, due to urban encroachment. M16s are only issued to DCT members.

Dukeboy01
10-09-2011, 14:17
We're moving to Speer after using Federal Hydrashoks forever. We carry 147 grain in 9mm, but only 155 grain in .40.

Hack
10-09-2011, 14:38
We're pretty well set up; Speer Gold Dot 9mm (not sure of weight) for pistols and SMGs, I think Remington frangible #4 buckshot, and WWB 55 gr ball 5.56mm for the M16A1s. Perimeter is set up with SMGs instead of rifles, due to urban encroachment. M16s are only issued to DCT members.

Rifles are issued on an as needed basis here. The perimeter used to have them, then they restricted them to shotgun and pistol. We have urban encroachment right across the street from us, and have had that for years, the fort is right next door. The tower at the rec yard of course still has the rifles, less lethal, and shotgun as do the other towers.

It can get kind of interesting in the over all communities should there be a stray CS cloud go over some house close by. It happened during training one year. The CS went the wrong way with a wind change and next thing you know a nearby roofing crew panicked. Then the whole crisis management/NCIC went immediately into affect during our lunch. We saw one of our cars take off toward the OTC code 3, and those of us in our POVs immediately turned and followed. It was the darnedest thing to see, a bunch of us doing what looked like EVOC right in the middle of a busy traffic way in POV. It is a wonder we didn't have one of the locals looking on going WTF.:rofl:

CJStudent
10-09-2011, 14:39
Rifles are issued on an as needed basis here. The perimeter used to have them, then they restricted them to shotgun and pistol. We have urban encroachment right across the street from us, and have had that for years, the fort is right next door. The tower at the rec yard of course still has the rifles, less lethal, and shotgun as do the other towers.

It can get kind of interesting in the over all communities should there be a stray CS cloud go over some house close by. It happened during training one year. The CS went the wrong way with a wind change and next thing you know a nearby roofing crew panicked. Then the whole crisis management/NCIC went immediately into affect during our lunch. We saw one of our cars take off toward the OTC code 3, and those of us in our POVs immediately turned and followed. It was the darnedest thing to see, a bunch of us doing what looked like EVOC right in the middle of a busy traffic way in POV. It is a wonder we didn't have one of the locals looking on going WTF.:rofl:

Sounds like interesting times! :supergrin:

cowboywannabe
10-09-2011, 14:46
so far its killed every dog and deer i had to shoot with it........

RetailNinja
10-09-2011, 15:15
WWB. Not really, but 230gr ball worked for my grandfather, I hope it works for me when I need it.

nikerret
10-09-2011, 15:16
He was DRT. Shot distance was approximately 3 yards. The fatal shot went through the side of his face and out the back of his head.

Any bullet should do well with that. As long as it goes straight anfter the bang.

so far its killed every dog and deer i had to shoot with it........

We use Golden Saber Bonded 180gr .40 cal in G22's. Not very effective against deer without a good head shot.

We sent our firearms guys to some show and they came back wanting to switch to the Rangers. I hear the GS's did not perform well. However, we have a closet full, so that's what we'll use.

I carry Ranger 180gr .40's in my G27 and Golden Saber somethings in my P3AT.

I'll have to get back to you on rifle and shotgun.

I would be more satisfied with the Rangers.

cowboywannabe
10-09-2011, 15:51
we are issued 9mm for our G17s....the round depends on what was cheapest at the time of purchase.......147gr. or 124 gr.......federal, winchester......hydra-shok, regular h.p. ammo..........we have some officers with one kind of ammo in their guns and other officers with another....

RVER
10-16-2011, 16:03
Glock 19's with CCI 124 GDHP... OK. 124 GDHP +P would be sweet.

The Hawk
10-16-2011, 16:15
I retired in 2008. At that time, we carried .40 Glocks with 180 grain Hydra-shock ammo. No complaints. That is what I carry now as well.

BPD
10-16-2011, 16:29
Federal 230+p HST in our P220's...issued and must be carried.
Federal Reduced Recoil 00 buck and rifled slugs in our shotguns.
Federal TRU 64gr in the patrol rifles. Switched from Federal TRU 55gr recently.

Our ammo comes from what ever is on state bid...

NoGlamour229
10-16-2011, 18:40
Whew! I thought I was going to read something about you wondering what kind of ammo the department you are applying for carries.

Federal HYDRA-SHOK JHP 165gr .40
Federal HYDRA-SHOK JHP 124gr 9mm (+P+)

Jayman
10-16-2011, 20:00
We're using Hydra-shoks in .40s&w (155gr). I wish we had something more modern/bonded, like the HST bonded or the Gold Dot. (180gr supposedly does better vs. barriers as well.) As others have stated, though, anything worth shooting is worth shooting A LOT. If one of the rounds fails, there'll be several more following along shortly.

Chowser
10-16-2011, 21:49
all our ammunition is issued to us. even ammunition for our back-up/off-duty guns. we see no need to pay for our own ammo.

we stock for duty:

.357SIG: Winchester Ranger 125gr. bonded jhp and t-series sxt
12 ga: Winchester Ranger low-recoil buckshot and low-recoil slugs
.223: Winchester Ranger 55gr. PSP (pointed soft point)

---for backups
.357 - same as above
.40 - Winchester Ranger 180gr. bonded jhp
.45 - Winchester Ranger 230gr. bonded jhp
9mm - Wincester Ranger 147gr. bonded jhp and 147gr. t-series sxt
.380 - Winchester Ranger 95 gr. t-series sxt

we're pretty happy with the winchester. so far it has worked on deers. we issued federal hydrashoks back when we had .40 for a duty round. didn't work too well on someone. took 8 rounds before she went down.

i just read somewhere that some department shot a guy numerous times with the .40 and none penetrated more than an inch. it took a 223 to take the guy out.

glocksalot
10-16-2011, 22:45
I am very satisfied with our 180 gr Gold Dots for our handguns

What I am really disappointed in, is the choice in our rifle ammunition: Winchester Ranger Silvertips 55gr

I personally have experienced a round pushed back into the casing, with the silvertips, and the powder come out around the round and out of the casing; I have also heard of several officers experience the same problem after mentioning my situation...thank the Lord that I didnt actually need that particular round and threw it out before it having to be used

BlackPaladin
10-17-2011, 03:59
we are issued 9mm for our G17s....the round depends on what was cheapest at the time of purchase.......147gr. or 124 gr.......federal, winchester......hydra-shok, regular h.p. ammo..........we have some officers with one kind of ammo in their guns and other officers with another....

No schit huh? 9mm for your Glock 17s? they didn't want some .40 G17s or maybe some .45...... J/K busting your chops:tongueout:

COLDSTEEL165
10-17-2011, 05:51
FED. HST or REM GD's & Ranger T's are fine with me.?

DaBigBR
10-17-2011, 08:29
i just read somewhere that some department shot a guy numerous times with the .40 and none penetrated more than an inch. it took a 223 to take the guy out.

Check the link at the top of the thread. That's bull****.

Chowser
10-17-2011, 10:20
Check the link at the top of the thread. That's bull****.

Thanks! Those were the photos someone was showing me and I told them bull**** as well and was trying to find more info on it. I told him that you need more penetration for bullets to expand. From our shooting with the .40, all rounds expanded. but they went into her belly in the front and rolled through the fat to the back. I didn't see the article in post one (stupid cell phone browser!)

But I'll forward him the pdf!

lawman800
10-18-2011, 09:35
No schit huh? 9mm for your Glock 17s? they didn't want some .40 G17s or maybe some .45...... J/K busting your chops:tongueout:

We had a guy in the academy that kept loading 9mm rounds into his G23 and while it fired, it would not cycle and eject the casing. He had to manually manipulate it after every shot.

It kept happening until the RO came over to inspect the weapon for problems and found his mag full of 9mm ammo.

He was lucky nothing catastrophic happened.

Goldstar225
10-19-2011, 06:41
We're issued 165 grain Golden Saber's. No shootings with it. My only complaint is that it chronographs 100 FPS below Remingtons claimed velocity of 1150 FPS. That may not make any difference in terminal effect but if you tell me it'll go 1150, get closer.

DaBigBR
10-19-2011, 08:58
We're issued 165 grain Golden Saber's. No shootings with it. My only complaint is that it chronographs 100 FPS below Remingtons claimed velocity of 1150 FPS. That may not make any difference in terminal effect but if you tell me it'll go 1150, get closer.

If you're within 10% of stated velocity, you're probably fine.

What weapon are you testing with? What did Remington claim to have tested with? You'll find a lot of manufacturer testing is being done with 6" or 8" testing barrels under absolutely ideal conditions.

Goldstar225
10-24-2011, 12:54
If you're within 10% of stated velocity, you're probably fine.

What weapon are you testing with? What did Remington claim to have tested with? You'll find a lot of manufacturer testing is being done with 6" or 8" testing barrels under absolutely ideal conditions.

Glock 23. Remington's quote is based on 4" barrel.

lawman800
10-24-2011, 15:15
Test barrels, even if they are the same length, are not built to the same tolerances as production gun barrels. Also, the test barrel is not attached to a real gun generally, but a stripped down platform that fires a bullet in the minimization of outside interference as you would get with a production firearm.

The amount of gasses lost would be different than with a production gun as well, which in turn, can affect velocity.

COBRA90GT
10-24-2011, 18:48
3000fps - Good thread, can't recall seeing a recent "duty ammo" thread posted in here...

nitesite10mm
10-24-2011, 19:52
For rifles, I was shocked to hear the issued ammo is Winchester 55grn FMJ.

Actually, if that ammo has a true M193 bullet the wounding effect/terminal performance is catastrophic, and in some ways preferableto a TAP or PSP round. TAP is a Hornady varmint bullet which is designed to not penetrate very deeply (which in some scenarios is a positive outcome). But don't sell the M193 55-gr FMJBT short.

Our dept issues

.40S&W Federal HST 180-gr
Federal Tactical Low Recoil Tru-Ball 1-oz slug
Federal Tactical FliteControl Low Recoil 00 Buck

Anything else is ours to buy which is OK with me. I reload a lot of ammo to train with (and also buy enough factory ammo for reliability verification and for carry) for my 1911, G34, 9mm BUG, .38-Spl 442, RRA Patrol Rifle, and 10mm G29. Most of that is Speer Gold Dot but I'm gradually transitioning to Federal HST and the patrol rifle ammo is Federal Lake City 55-gr.

Tax Deductable ammunition for work and training purposes doesn't bother me.

lawman800
10-24-2011, 20:32
3000fps - Good thread, can't recall seeing a recent "duty ammo" thread posted in here...

I wonder about what's a good patrol boot and which oakley to wear all the time....:tongueout:

pisc1024
01-09-2012, 16:42
I am very satisfied with our 180 gr Gold Dots for our handguns

What I am really disappointed in, is the choice in our rifle ammunition: Winchester Ranger Silvertips 55gr

I personally have experienced a round pushed back into the casing, with the silvertips, and the powder come out around the round and out of the casing; I have also heard of several officers experience the same problem after mentioning my situation...thank the Lord that I didnt actually need that particular round and threw it out before it having to be used

Man, at least you guys can carry rifles, when I worked there we couldn't. I see the pd switched from Winchester to Speer too, nice.

glocksalot
01-09-2012, 20:24
Man, at least you guys can carry rifles, when I worked there we couldn't. I see the pd switched from Winchester to Speer too, nice.

yeah i just got my rifle about 6 months ago...its a very nice option to have at my disposal

and yes, we just switched from the "ranger" ammunition to the speer...and just found out that we are switching from the crappy silvertips to federal armor piercing rounds, which ones im not sure of because i havent went and traded out my ammo yet

what years did you work the "ville"?

razdog76
01-09-2012, 21:29

#4 buck is great at close range, but patterns terribly, does not have enough penetration if you live in colder areas, and loses its oomph very quickly. I have dispatched many deer with it inside 15 yards... they always went down quick with a neck shot. We went to 00 a year or two ago.

One of the reasons .223/5.56 has eclipsed pistol caliber rifles is performance when it comes to structure walls. The pistol hollow point get plugged, and behaves as ball ammo penetrating many walls. The .223/5.56 comes unglued rather quickly minimizing overpenetration in a structure.

ggarciatx
01-10-2012, 07:10

Low Recoil should be LE132 and the full house stuff is LE127. I was truly amazed with the Flite Control wad as well. I am amazed no other company has tried to replicate it. They should Knight the guy who invented the wad.

Kadetklapp
01-10-2012, 07:19
Small town I work in issued me a box of Winchester Ranger Sub-Sonic. When I asked why, I was told it was "on sale."

Ya.

Snowman92D
01-10-2012, 07:47
The Metro PD and Sheriff Dept here have both issued Federal .40 caliber 165-grain Tactical Bonded for a long time and used it in about 30 shootings. Great ammo. It burns clean, shoots straight and drops 'em like a bad habit. I don't know of a single OIS, involving halfway decent shot placement, where it took more than one or two hits to end the fight.

Shotgun load is the Flite Control 8-pellet reduced recoil 00-buck from Federal, or the comparable 8-pellet load from Remington. Both are excellent loads. The Flite Control load is probably at its very best in cylinder and improved cylinder barrels. Seems like the Remington patterns slightly better when choked a bit, like when fired from modified choke barrels, but that's splitting hairs.

Patrol rifles are using a Federal 55-grain soft point in .223 caliber.

DoogieHowser
01-10-2012, 10:19
Anyone actually used any of the magsafe stuff?

boomhower
01-10-2012, 11:50
Pistol and shotgun I'm fine with. (180gr Gold Dots, federal 00 buck and slug). Rifle ammo I would rather supply my own. We are issued 55gr Federal SP. I would match rather use a heavier 75gr round like TAP.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

BULLRUNN
01-10-2012, 11:52
SPEER Gold DOT 127 Grain 9mm in Glock 17's using ALS holsters. And they work JUST FINE...good ammo NO ISSUES Federal Buck Shot this month then switching to Remington OO Buck out of Remington 870 P-Max. AR 15 ammo I think is a 55 Grain Federal Hollow Point out of S&W M&P's. Our boats use M14's not sure of the round though, but with M14's It does not matter all that much pretty much punches a whole in whatever it hits. We have a few 50 Cal's I have no Idea what they are using either....

razdog76
01-10-2012, 13:12
We have a few 50 Cal's I have no Idea what they are using either....

I'll go out on a limb to say probably not maxi-balls or powerbelts.

COLOSHOOTR
01-10-2012, 16:26

1) Gold Dot 9mm 124gr +P, or .45 ACP or45 GAP 230gr, 64gr GDSP .223

2) Yes very! It does it's job well and I've yet to hear of a threat not being stopped using it.

If you're talking about the incident I'm thinking you are about the idiot with his tracers there is WAY more to it then that. 1) Officer was no autorized to carry said rifle. 2) Officer was not trained in use of said rifle. 3) Officer was carrying rifle not on appoved firearm list 4) Officer did not have authorized ammo in said rifle and had the rifle filled with ball ammo and tracers. 5) Officer ran to shots fired call outside a club, not an actual active shooter, wearing a helmet and tac vest with a full load out of unauthorized ammo and a blood type patch on his vest. 6) Officer located suspect in parking lot trying to flee, fired at the suspect who was withing 15yds missing all shots and struck an inncoent bystander with a richocet. 7) I believe he was less then truthful after it was all over...... That combo of things is what got him fired not just unauthorized ammo.

blueiron
01-10-2012, 17:09
If you're talking about the incident I'm thinking you are about the idiot with his tracers there is WAY more to it then that. 1) Officer was no autorized to carry said rifle. 2) Officer was not trained in use of said rifle. 3) Officer was carrying rifle not on appoved firearm list 4) Officer did not have authorized ammo in said rifle and had the rifle filled with ball ammo and tracers. 5) Officer ran to shots fired call outside a club, not an actual active shooter, wearing a helmet and tac vest with a full load out of unauthorized ammo and a blood type patch on his vest. 6) Officer located suspect in parking lot trying to flee, fired at the suspect who was withing 15yds missing all shots and struck an inncoent bystander with a richocet. 7) I believe he was less then truthful after it was all over...... That combo of things is what got him fired not just unauthorized ammo.

How did a GnG'er get past the background?

COLOSHOOTR
01-10-2012, 17:25
How did a GnG'er get past the background?

Easy, the friends and family program..... If you have family in high places you can pass everything even if you fail it, get fired in the academy for being an idiot and then get rehired only to commit the ultimate screw up later in he career .

Good news is he's gone for good now.... That higher up has long retired and does not have any ties to the current administration.

razdog76
01-10-2012, 19:13
Easy, the friends and family program..... If you have family in high places you can pass everything even if you fail it, get fired in the academy for being an idiot and then get rehired only to commit the ultimate screw up later in he career .

Good news is he's gone for good now.... That higher up has long retired and does not have any ties to the current administration.

Sure he's gone... to a mall near you.:tbo:

blueiron
01-10-2012, 19:25
Nothing like the Legacy.

blueberry1177
01-10-2012, 22:54
.40 S&W 165gr Federal HST I love it!