Rifle or Shotgun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rifle or Shotgun

positivelymaybe
10-08-2011, 07:41
In the event of a drawn out time frame of civil disorder where you reside in a large urban city and large groups run rampant, which would be a better option, a semi auto shotgun(re. Benelli M2, Remington, Mossberg) or a semi auto rifle(Ruger Ranch). My concern is not just home protection but where you might have to attempt to leave your residence and make your way out of the city. Additionally large capacity weapons(shotguns or rifles with a capacity greater than five rounds) or AR's of any kind are not a legal option. Handguns are already covered. Thanks!

Mas Ayoob
10-08-2011, 19:35
I'd be inclined toward the Ruger Ranch Rifle. It will be less prone to malfunction in a situation where you've had to fire a good bit and had no opportunity to clean the gun, than any auto shotgun I've worked with. Ammo will be lighter and you'll be able to carry more rounds. If you can only have five rounds in the gun at a time, the little box magazines will reload faster than one or two shotgun shells at a time. You'll have greater effective range, and smaller, more recoil sensitive people with you will be able to handle it better. It will also be distinctly lighter, an important consideration in a scenario where you might be moving on foot carrying food, water, etc.

best,
Mas