How California's can protest this new open carry ban. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How California's can protest this new open carry ban.

RogueAshtrays
10-10-2011, 23:49
How California's can protest this new open carry ban.

Every gun owner with a holster goes out and buys a cheap plastic airsoft copy of their pistol. (If you can't carry airsoft, superglue the trigger and epoxy the barrel shut, now its a prop) the cheapest airsoft pistols can be had for 7-15 bucks. Then everyone holster them and carry them everywhere. Silent but bold protest. Worst thing that can happen is that a cop asks to see the prop... F'n California thank God I moved to Oregon.

I am guessing as a fashion accessory like a belt buckle or any other fashion accessory you could even wear your prop right into the state capitol building.
And if they complain about it being a modified airsoft gun OU can buy solid rubber dummy guns from prop company's.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Donn57
10-11-2011, 09:57
Hmmm... The last time Californians protested by carrying something openly, the legislature and the governor banned the carry of that item. Why wouldn't they just ban the open carry of replica guns? As I understand it, it is already illegal to "publicly display" an airsoft gun or any replica gun that substantially resembles a real gun. Whether that applies to a holstered gun or not, I can't say for sure.

HexHead
10-11-2011, 10:02
Hmmm... The last time Californians protested by carrying something openly, the legislature and the governor banned the carry of that item. Why wouldn't they just ban the open carry of replica guns? As I understand it, it is already illegal to "publicly display" an airsoft gun or any replica gun that substantially resembles a real gun. Whether that applies to a holstered gun or not, I can't say for sure.

How about the blue guns?

Dalton Wayne
10-11-2011, 10:37
How about they not be horses arses and not protest, this is what brought about this law in the first place.

RogueAshtrays
10-11-2011, 12:15
How about they not be horses arses and not protest, this is what brought about this law in the first place.

The horses arses are the ones in the state government.

The blue guns are a good idea. Allows the statement without the controversy.
Could print, "Another rite stolen" on the grips.

Or Mr. Wayne Mabey they should just stand idly by until they can't even own any guns in California? A rite not exercised is a for lost.

If California was smart they would just create a $20 open carry permit. And a fine of $500 and confiscation of the weapon if you are caught carrying openly without the permit. California needs revenue... Solve the issue, create revenue, keep open carry to those that are law abiding. Officer can only ask to see permit, if you got it your good to go...

RGbiker
10-11-2011, 17:01

Say, how's open carry working out in Florida? You guys miss Janet Reno?

Oh, wait.....uh, never mind.

SpringerTGO
10-12-2011, 16:18
The horses arses are the ones in the state government.

The blue guns are a good idea. Allows the statement without the controversy.
Could print, "Another rite stolen" on the grips.

Or Mr. Wayne Mabey they should just stand idly by until they can't even own any guns in California? A rite not exercised is a for lost.

If California was smart they would just create a $20 open carry permit. And a fine of $500 and confiscation of the weapon if you are caught carrying openly without the permit. California needs revenue... Solve the issue, create revenue, keep open carry to those that are law abiding. Officer can only ask to see permit, if you got it your good to go...

Most "rites" are regulated. And the more they are abused, the more they are regulated. People "making statements" and abusing the public (and LEO's) brought this on themselves.
Running around with blue replica guns with statements on them will only confirm that they made the right choice in banning OC.

How about if OC'ers in CA follow the mainstream norm, and gather petitions? Maybe get some $'s behind them and lobby? Get OC on the ballot?
And if they manage to make OC legal, next time maybe they won't abuse it by running around with video cameras and starting confrontations.

Jerry
10-12-2011, 16:39

Yah! All you guys just need to shut-up. Everyone knows that when you complain it “forces” the government to “regulate” rights but if you just shut-up they would never ever tamper with our rights. [SARCASM OFF]

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

When injustice becomes law, then Rebellion becomes duty! ~~~Thomas Jefferson

kenpoprofessor
10-30-2011, 10:02
Most "rites" are regulated. And the more they are abused, the more they are regulated. People "making statements" and abusing the public (and LEO's) brought this on themselves.
Running around with blue replica guns with statements on them will only confirm that they made the right choice in banning OC.

How about if OC'ers in CA follow the mainstream norm, and gather petitions? Maybe get some $'s behind them and lobby? Get OC on the ballot?
And if they manage to make OC legal, next time maybe they won't abuse it by running around with video cameras and starting confrontations.

Really? That's quite a bold statement to call it abuse isn't it? Here in AZ, we have upwards of 100 people gather together at dinners, all OCing their firearms, and not once have we abused the public or the Police. Fact is, we've never even had a confrontation with either.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

AA#5
10-30-2011, 11:16
They would likely be charged with "disturbing the peace."

SpringerTGO
10-31-2011, 12:58
Really? That's quite a bold statement to call it abuse isn't it? Here in AZ, we have upwards of 100 people gather together at dinners, all OCing their firearms, and not once have we abused the public or the Police. Fact is, we've never even had a confrontation with either.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

I'm sorry. I didn't realize this thread was about AZ open carry. And I didn't mean to infer (by talking about CA open carriers video taping police encounters) that AZ open carriers are causing confrontations.

Should I apologize to people in the rest of the states? I'm not sure about S. Africa, but I'm sure someone there can find an issue about what I said about CA open carry confrontations as well.

SDDL-UP
11-03-2011, 21:35
Oregon! Oregon! LOL!

That's really pathetic. Oregon usually tries to out liberal Commiefornia, so the fact that you're excited to live there is pretty sad. I guess it's only 98% as bad as Commiefornia?

xmanhockey7
11-07-2011, 23:33
What about just an empty holster? It's what SCCC does.

wolfcoop
11-10-2011, 06:14
Oregons a funny state, sure you can open carry, but watch out for local ordinances. The cities can ban it and that's completely legal. IE Portland. Back in the day (1996 lol) before the state of Oregon even had armed security testing and licensing, to work armed security in Portland, you had to obtain an open carry permit from the closest precinct. Washington on the other hand has fully legal open carry, it doesn't keep the local yolkal cops from screwing with you. Example being Vancouver, they have so far prosecuted 2 persons for open carry.

Donn57
11-16-2011, 12:57
Say, how's open carry working out in Florida? You guys miss Janet Reno?

Oh, wait.....uh, never mind.

Don't have it. Don't need it.

BTW, what does Janet Reno have to do with anything?

Donn57
11-16-2011, 12:59

Apparently, a rite (sic) exercised to the extreme is also lost.