New rookie... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New rookie...

Metro566
10-11-2011, 18:59
Hey guys...I have been lurking the boards for the past few years, but have always refrained from posting. I've gained a bunch of good information from everyone over the years while I served as a Reserve Deputy with a moderately sized Sheriff's Department.

After following tons of advice on here regarding interviews, backgrounds, psychs, etc, I was recently hired on with a much large Sheriff's Department and get sworn in on Monday.

I know pretty much no one here knows me, but I wanted to thank you guys for the help you didn't know you gave me and say I look forward to being a "productive" CT poster.

I will be in training for a grip, but in the end I'm hoping it will pay off. I put a huge "note" on my door that says "Keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut" to remind me that all the crap I thought I knew from being a Reserve Deputy doesn't mean a damn thing now that I'm up in the big leagues.

For aspiring LEO's...I just want to pass this along; I don't know how it will be for you, but the interview has nothing on the psych....goodluck :)

m2hmghb
10-11-2011, 19:07
Good luck with everything Metro and be safe! BTW is Ca zombieland or is it NYC?

Metro566
10-11-2011, 19:40
Southern part of the midwest ;) the people we serve act about the same lol

indigent
10-11-2011, 22:09
Welcome.

Ajon412
10-11-2011, 22:25
Hey guys...I have been lurking the boards for the past few years, but have always refrained from posting. I've gained a bunch of good information from everyone over the years while I served as a Reserve Deputy with a moderately sized Sheriff's Department.

After following tons of advice on here regarding interviews, backgrounds, psychs, etc, I was recently hired on with a much large Sheriff's Department and get sworn in on Monday.

I know pretty much no one here knows me, but I wanted to thank you guys for the help you didn't know you gave me and say I look forward to being a "productive" CT poster.

I will be in training for a grip, but in the end I'm hoping it will pay off. I put a huge "note" on my door that says "Keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut" to remind me that all the crap I thought I knew from being a Reserve Deputy doesn't mean a damn thing now that I'm up in the big leagues.

For aspiring LEO's...I just want to pass this along; I don't know how it will be for you, but the interview has nothing on the psych....goodluck :)

Don't forget to keep your boots shined as well...:rofl:....Best of luck and enjoy the ride.....:wavey:

Patchman
10-12-2011, 04:33
Congrats. Stay safe.

SCSU74
10-12-2011, 14:35
Don't forget to keep your boots shined as well...:rofl:....Best of luck and enjoy the ride.....:wavey:

shining boots ha, tennis shoes are where its at :)

msu_grad_121
10-12-2011, 15:03
shining boots ha, tennis shoes are where its at :)

You can't be a "jack tennis shoe thug," can you? Boo-yah!

rookie1
10-13-2011, 00:51
It's a lot different when you get paid.

jwhite75
10-13-2011, 08:07

Several depts in my aarea have outlawed any type of athleitc shoe on duty, and mandate uniform shoes or boots.

PuroMexicano
10-13-2011, 10:14
Congrats, rook!

SCSU74
10-13-2011, 13:04

i dont even know what that means

SCSU74
10-13-2011, 13:04
Several depts in my aarea have outlawed any type of athleitc shoe on duty, and mandate uniform shoes or boots.

in addition to tennis shoes we can also wear cowboy boots :)

4949shooter
10-13-2011, 13:12
Congrats annd good luck!

Remember to watch their hands. Always watch the hands..

Metro566
10-13-2011, 14:06
i dont even know what that means

Instead of a "jackbooted thug" :)

And 4949, I will! Thanks everyone...I'm getting anxious to start :supergrin: