Detroit trial over in underwear bomber [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Detroit trial over in underwear bomber

steveksux
10-12-2011, 16:59
He pled guilty.

This was the case where he had a bomb in his underwear, Xmas 2009, tried to ignite it on a plane coming into Detroit. Problem was, it just sort of burned. Did I mention it was an underwear bomb? Yup, underwear caught on fire, burned him severely, but no explosion.

Hard to imagine he thought he had a chance to win. He was caught on the plane with the smoking "gun" still in his pants.

Thought it might be fun topic.

I'll start. Here's the photo lineup he was picked out of:

http://burninlovebbq.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/hotdogburnt.jpg

The penalties go up to life in prison. I wouldn't be surprised though if he were sentenced to "time served" http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/158449080_da0f7d9544.jpg

Randy

Patchman
10-12-2011, 17:14
The only shame is he won't be kept in general population.

And when the COs tell him "don't get your panties into a wad," they might mean that literally.

Vigilant
10-12-2011, 17:19
The only shame is he won't be kept in general population.

And when the COs tell him "don't get your panties into a wad," they might mean that literally.

Actually, I have been known to use that line now and then. Or walk into a dayroom full of thugs, smile, and say, "Mornin', ladies". :supergrin:

Nick.45
10-12-2011, 18:11
Actually, I have been known to use that line now and then. Or walk into a dayroom full of thugs, smile, and say, "Mornin', ladies". :supergrin:

I would get a letter in my file for making a comment like that at my agency.

Vigilant
10-12-2011, 18:19
I would get a letter in my file for making a comment like that at my agency.

I pissed a bigwig off today. He had the gall to tell me that I should talk nicer to the inmates. I told him I let people show me how they want to be treated, and I don't reward jackassery with coddling.

Back to the topic at hand, I sure am glad I have never dropped a bomb in my shorts. :rofl:

A6Gator
10-12-2011, 18:36
Tell him when you wear a Speedo, the potato goes in the front, not in the back...:supergrin:

indigent
10-12-2011, 18:48
Oh so my agency isn't the only one that subscribes to the Hug-A-Thug Program?

Wonder if he still has a burning desire to carry out his plan?

Vigilant
10-12-2011, 19:07
Oh so my agency isn't the only one that subscribes to the Hug-A-Thug Program?

Wonder if he still has a burning desire to carry out his plan?

Trust me. In these parts, the Hug-a thug program is alive and well. And then the stupid bastards wonder why we have inmates on their 8th, 9th, 10th and more admissions. They can't even see that the more they reward jackassery with coddling, the bolder the turds get. Not saying all inmates are turds, but some of 'em sure fit the bill.

Can ya tell? I've had a couple of those days.

Vigilant
10-12-2011, 19:45
They should have given him some cheezy nickname like the Undiebomber. :rofl:

Patchman
10-13-2011, 17:44
They should have given him some cheezy nickname like the Undiebomber. :rofl:

Or parlay his infamy and become a spokesman for Fruit-of-the-Boom?

Maybe talk about how that brand's underwear gives just a squish more room where it's needed...

RVER
10-13-2011, 18:03
Just reflecting: It really takes some "stones" to be willing set your ass on fire in the hopes of blowing your balls off... Just sayin.
:shocked:

msu_grad_121
10-13-2011, 19:13

Maybe talk about how that brand's underwear gives just a squish more room where it's needed...

"You look like a VIP who can keep it on the QT from the SAICs at the FBI, CIA and NSA, but I've got an IED in my BVDs." :supergrin:

Patchman
10-13-2011, 19:46
Bet he never thought his life was going to end not with a BANG, but with a whimpering fizzzzzzle.

Vigilant
10-13-2011, 20:42

Hottest undies on the market! :supergrin:

John Bobbit came out pretty well back in the day. I hear he ended up taking a job as President of Snap-On Tools. :shocked:

Hack
10-13-2011, 21:55
Trust me. In these parts, the Hug-a thug program is alive and well. And then the stupid bastards wonder why we have inmates on their 8th, 9th, 10th and more admissions. They can't even see that the more they reward jackassery with coddling, the bolder the turds get. Not saying all inmates are turds, but some of 'em sure fit the bill.

Can ya tell? I've had a couple of those days.

I feel the pain brother. Oh yeah! With some people it just wouldn't do to hurt the poor wittle inmate's feelings.

So, I wonder what the sentencing will turn out to be for this guy who tried to do the explosive man arse?