Po Po came to visit today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Po Po came to visit today

Hogpauls
10-12-2011, 22:06
I had a nice day today. I spent the morning doing my husbandly duties around the house. When I finished it was time for some case cleaning on some 9mm I'm wanting to trade.

Got 'em soaked in some Lemi, Dawn and OMS for a half hour and rinsed in the back yard in bucket. As you can imagine swirling a few hundred cases in a bucket makes quite a bit of racket, rinsing and dumping into sifter pan and back to bucket a couple times to make sure the mixture is off the cases. Then I placed them on a towel and onto the trash cans to air dry on the side of the house. I repeated the process with another batch but the only sun was on the driveway so thats where the second batch sat to dry (actually a couple feet inside the garage). Tumbling tomorrow.

Happy with my handywork I went inside to relax. 30 mintues later the wifey poo asks me to watch the boiling noodles as she steps out the front door. Always happy to oblige her every whim (:whistling:), I do as I'm told. Then I got curious to see who she's talking to. A couple female officers were questioning her and my 20 year old daughter about my behavior and if they felt threatened by me. They also asked if I pulled out one of my guns in anger or walked around the house with a gun.

I stepped outside to see what the bruhaha was all about and all conversation about guns and my families welfare stopped. I could tell the officers were flying the B.S. flag high when I came out. All they would tell me was an anonymous "concerned neighbor" called about my activities. I didn't learn the crux of the questioning until they left and my wife told me what they were really there for.

I'm very discreet when loading up for a day of shooting and never take the guns out to the truck without being in a case. Most times I back the truck up to load targets and such so as not to draw attention. The last time I went shooting was Monday and doubt the police would have waited two days to respond to a gun related issue. So all I can think of was my completely innocent day of case cleaning which brought them to my house.

cyphertext
10-12-2011, 22:12
Glad I don't have your neighbors! But we have our fair share of busy bodies too. We had two tahoes pull up with two officers each because someone called in about men with guns in my yard. My son and his friends were playing airsoft.

Batesmotel
10-12-2011, 22:28
I had a neighbor like that once. Called me in about gun related issues all the time. It got old over 7 years.

Once they rolled hot and fast to reports I was shooting up the house. I was using a power nailer, nailing studs to the concrete floor in the basement.

Once she reported me hauling tons of guns out of the house. I was loading cameras into the van but I use pelican cases for cameras and handguns. Loved seeing a cop play with a Hasselblad as she looked out the window.

The last time they showed up she once again reported me with guns in the driveway. When they showed up they found me and one of their own detectives cleaning sniper rifles in the garage with the door open. Detective Lewis and I grew up together and served in the Marines in the same rifle company until he joined sniper platoon.

They finally just stopped coming, instead they would call. The chief had no problem signing my form 4. They knew me pretty good.

Zombie Steve
10-12-2011, 22:47
If you folks were instilling the proper amount of fear in your neighbors, none of this would be a problem.

:cool:

crsuribe
10-12-2011, 22:58
Wow that is SO silly.

Earlier today me and my wife were at Kroger and we walked by 2 different groups of people who were casually talking about guns. One of them I heard talking about his new .44 lever action rifle and the other group was talking about shotguns.

People just love guns in my area! It's awesome! :D

smokeross
10-13-2011, 01:21
I shoot from my deck all the time. I've killed 2 moose in my yard. The only call that might be made, would be a neighbor calling me, asking for a hind leg.

farmer2
10-13-2011, 05:35
If you folks were instilling the proper amount of fear in your neighbors, none of this would be a problem.

hahahaha

Colorado4Wheel
10-13-2011, 06:54
Some of you guys need a Big Foot costume. That would make it a lot more interesting.

hdsteve69
10-13-2011, 07:04
Im glad my neighbors arent like yours . All my neighbors know I have guns and they know I carry concealed ,hell I carry open at home, they all are pretty happy I carry . They tell me they feel safer knowing I do especially my neighbor next door she is a single lady on disability and just went through a bad divorce which put her exhusband in jail for pointing a gun at her and my family one night when I was gone. He just got out a couple weeks ago but hasnt come around cause he knows I would hesitate to use deadly force against him if he endangers my, my families or her life.

eracer
10-13-2011, 07:05
You should step up to a bigger caliber...

http://www.jtomlin.com/105mm-howitzer-shell-casing.jpg

jmorris
10-13-2011, 07:15
Sort of reminds me of a time back when I was 18 or 19. I had a '69 Camaro with a 6-71 blown small block with 3" exaust, after breaking in a new cam (just before dark) friends and I were hanging out telling lies over a beer or two. Two squad cars pull up and begin with "we had a call over too much noi.....Woah!, that's one bad ***** engine. Can you fire it up for us!"

Seconds later once they peeked out from the curtains, knowing the Police were there and the beautiful tones they called "racket" were once again occuring, we found out who had called them. It was the last time I ever talked to police about noise.

I now live outside city limits and have much less helpfull folks around. Last time I had my bowling ball cannon out, a few days later at the mail box I talked to on of the ladies from next door and she told me that I had scared her a time or two when I had dropped some steel, took me a second to figure out what she was talking about.

Goodspeed(TPF)
10-13-2011, 07:19
Odds are that they were not called because of you cleaning the brass. The brass cleaning activity by you was just used as an excuse. Someone is watching you and doesn't like you or the guns you own would be my guess. Busybodies. Boo, hiss.

G36_Me
10-13-2011, 08:03
Just rolled back up to see where you are from. Idaho. In my dreams I thought Idaho folk were more advanced than this. I choose to believe in my fantasy world that most Idaho folks are still good Americans. Maybe your state is sliding toward Cali.

Good luck, be careful and do the right thing. Some people take longer than others to learn the truth.

Tpro
10-13-2011, 08:08
This is why I live in the country (one of many reasons).

I hate neighbors.

Well, I like them as long as they stay away from me, and don't try to have a conversation with me. Then we all get along just fine.

And no, I'm not antisocial.

jellis11
10-13-2011, 08:15
Lame.:upeyes:

thejellster05
10-13-2011, 08:27
I shoot from my deck all the time. I've killed 2 moose in my yard. The only call that might be made, would be a neighbor calling me, asking for a hind leg.

Wow man!

That's American!

You have your priorities right sir.

:yourock::patriot::beer:

hawgrider
10-13-2011, 08:28
OMG - why is it that there is always one busy body nosey as neighbor is every neighborhood? Maybe you need to jump on your horse and ride through the neigborhood screaming " The Liberals are coming"

Beanie-Bean
10-13-2011, 08:29
I'm sorry that you have to deal with neighbors like that--sounds like a real pain the in the a_s.

I'm also very careful about loading out stuff when heading out to the range, or when trying to reholster in the car. Usually, I'll put up the foil shield in the front windshield, as my tint is pretty dark on all the other windows.

Q: Is the steel media tumbler really loud? I've be contemplating adding one to "The List" and would love to run the cleaning cycle for several hours in my garage right next to the crappy neighbor's house.

JBnTX
10-13-2011, 08:42
... A couple female officers were questioning her and my 20 year old daughter about my behavior and if they felt threatened by me.

... I could tell the officers were flying the B.S. flag high when I came out. All they would tell me was an anonymous "concerned neighbor" called about my activities...

BS!

Post the police report. Black out the report number and all names.

crsuribe
10-13-2011, 09:28
BS!

Just to prove something to you over the Internet?

Some people here are really scared of being lied to on a forum.

jellis11
10-13-2011, 09:33
BS!

Why?
I have a house nobody lives in across the street and my next door neighbor came over and tried to get us to call the police and say we saw people with guns going in and out of the house through a window... So the city would cut the grass around the house?
Neighbors *some people* are insane.

I told her to GTFO. She actually moved a few months later... Because the house across the street wasn't safe. :faint:

scattershot
10-13-2011, 09:34
My God!!! The bedwetters have come to Idaho? They're everywhere now, I suppose.

Hogpauls
10-13-2011, 09:39
Odds are that they were not called because of you cleaning the brass. The brass cleaning activity by you was just used as an excuse. Someone is watching you and doesn't like you or the guns you own would be my guess. Busybodies. Boo, hiss.

Exactly

Maybe your state is sliding toward Cali.
QUOTE]

Nope, everyone leaving Cali to get away from it wants to turn their new home into it.

[QUOTE=JBnTX;18036334]BS!

Believe what you want sir. 1st, I don't even know if a police report is/was filled out. 2nd, I don't need to validate my experience. 3rd, I answer to only one and you are not him. Have a nice day. :wavey:

rpgman
10-13-2011, 09:47
Heck, when I get out the car, after a range visit, my G27 is clearly insight for all my neighbors to see, in my range holster.

My property, my business. I can carry a gun all day on my property.

Then, I go to the back of my vehicle to get out my other guns, maybe the G34 and G17 out of the range bag and their clearly visible for all to see.

I park in my garage..again, my property, my business...let them call.
Greg

gunowner1
10-13-2011, 09:54
I can't believe the cops were basically trying to coerce your wife and daughter into saying they should feel threatened by you.

George H.
10-13-2011, 10:31
With that happening I would be more worried about the cops than the neighbors.

GioaJack
10-13-2011, 10:39
Exactly

[QUOTE=G36_Me;18036197]Maybe your state is sliding toward Cali.
QUOTE]

Nope, everyone leaving Cali to get away from it wants to turn their new home into it.

Believe what you want sir. 1st, I don't even know if a police report is/was filled out. 2nd, I don't need to validate my experience. 3rd, I answer to only one and you are not him. Have a nice day. :wavey:

I don't see what all the consternation is about... having gotten to know you on the forum I have filed several anonymous complaints about you with your local police department.

I feel that it is my civic duty... you shouldn't be so quick to cast aspersions on your poor neighbors. :whistling:

(Tell your lovely wife that I claim first right of refusal on all of your guns and loading equipment. Will she accept Pay Pal? :dunno:)

Jack

smokeross
10-13-2011, 10:46
I can't believe the cops were basically trying to coerce your wife and daughter into saying they should feel threatened by you.
You a cop?:rofl:

TxDoubleAgent
10-13-2011, 10:47
This is why I live in the country (one of many reasons).

I hate neighbors.

Me too....But ALL my neighbors are also pistol packing rifle toteing. We all get along wonderfully! :supergrin:

GenoTac Ind.
10-13-2011, 10:56
Wish my neighbors would call the cops, instead they knock on my door and ask me to deal with the shady people in the neighborhood...I don't police my neighborhood so I call an on duty unit.

pilsbury
10-13-2011, 11:03
I live in Arkansas, so that's not really a proble here. I've even shot an Opossum in my back yard and none of my neighbors flinched.

glockurai
10-13-2011, 11:06

Yep. Those evil officers.:upeyes:
I'm sure they had nothing better to do so they randomly picked a home to harass the residents.
They got a call and did what they are paid to do.

November Sunrise
10-13-2011, 12:02

EXACTLY...
I would make it a point to do all i could to put an end to this BS. Maybe start wearing a wife beater around the yard, carrying an axe covered in ketchup and make suspicious sounds after dark.

byf43
10-13-2011, 12:32
Had issues with a sphincter muscle that lives up the street, several years back.
He would bring his dog into our yard. . . literally bring him well into the side yard, to let his dog crap all over the place.
I asked him NICELY to not bring his dog to my yard, and to let his dog crap in his yard.
He said, "I'll do what I want."

"O.K."

One Sunday morning, I was standing in the (fenced in) back yard, with a cup of coffee in one hand, the garden hose in the other, and one of my .45s on my hip.

He got on his cellphone and called the sheriff's department.

When two cruisers pulled up to my side yard, the K-9 officer talked to the guy, and then called me over to the fence.

He recognized me, and asked how I was doing, and IF I brandished a weapon.
(I knew the K-9 officer!!)
"Hi Vince. No, I've been out here watering my wife's flowers, having a cup of coffee, and this guy passed by. Why?"

I then explained that this guy always brought his dog to our yard to crap, and I would like for it to stop.

We talked about what I had on my hip, what cartridges it was loaded with, and how long it's been since I went to the range.

After a couple of minutes, the guy from up the street was told that if he and his dog come back to my yard, they will be cited for trespass, and that LEGALLY, I can carry whatever I want on my property, 24/7 IF I so choose.

I then asked the deputies if they wanted to come in and get a cup of coffee.

BTW. . . that guy still walks his dog past my house, every day. He walks on the opposite side of the street. :)

StaTiK
10-13-2011, 12:33
deleted

Tpro
10-13-2011, 13:34
I'm sorry that you have to deal with neighbors like that--sounds like a real pain the in the a_s.

I'm also very careful about loading out stuff when heading out to the range, or when trying to reholster in the car. Usually, I'll put up the foil shield in the front windshield, as my tint is pretty dark on all the other windows.

Q: Is the steel media tumbler really loud? I've be contemplating adding one to "The List" and would love to run the cleaning cycle for several hours in my garage right next to the crappy neighbor's house.

If all you are trying to do is piss off the neighbor, the SS media will do you no good. It is substantially quieter than the method that everyone uses.

If you want clean brass, inside and out, with clean primer pockets, then by all means, get the SS media system.

Other than that, you are pissing into the fan (as in wasting your time).

sciolist
10-13-2011, 13:35
Once they rolled hot and fast to reports I was shooting up the house. I was using a power nailer, nailing studs to the concrete floor in the basement.

Lol. Awesome. Maybe I should stop taking breaks from working on the house to dry fire.

MadMonkey
10-13-2011, 13:43
Threads like this are why I'm moving back to the country ASAP. City boy at heart, but I love being out in the sticks with nobody around...

WiskyT
10-13-2011, 13:49
I live in Arkansas, so that's not really a proble here. I've even shot an Opossum in my back yard and none of my neighbors flinched.

Be carefull! In Arkansas, what you think is a possum could be one of your neighbor's kids.

ETA: I just relized that you capitalized "Opossum". WAS it one of your neighbors?

Agent6-3/8
10-13-2011, 14:19

Yea really, what a bunch of BS. (but then again they were female officers...I'll avoid a rant here about how the majority go around trying to compensate for a lack of something...) Kinda surprised to see such activity in Idaho. :dunno:

Had I responded to a call like that I'd have been asking questions too; particularly about your favorite method to clean brass! :supergrin:

EL_NinO619
10-13-2011, 15:15
I left for the range one morning with the entire arsenal. Takes about 15min to load the car. Nobody was awake at the time, bur when I got home the neighbor across the street was having a kiddy birthday party. They had a jumper and everything, about 40 people out on the front lawn. My brother insisted not to take out all of the stuff. I said F it, if they have any bad seeds in their group, now they know not to F with me. My next door neighbor came home late when we had that big black out with no flash light or anything. So I loaned him a weapon mounted flashlight. He cam back and said " Thats a nice light, I bet it goes on a nice rifle." And I live in Liberal CA. If someone called the cops I would purposely do stuff to make them call. A holes..

jsnake
10-13-2011, 15:33
Had two LDS members (you know the outfit bike helmet, white shirt, tie, nametag) walk onto my carport while I was separating brass from media. They asked "what'cha cookin?". I rolled over the sifter to reveal several hundred 40 brass. This was apparently their cue to do an about face and leave without speaking another word. Luckily, no cops called.

Colorado4Wheel
10-13-2011, 15:36
What is Po Po. I know we are talking Police but what the heck can that possibly mean.

Beanie-Bean
10-13-2011, 15:45
If all you are trying to do is piss off the neighbor, the SS media will do you no good. It is substantially quieter than the method that everyone uses.

If you want clean brass, inside and out, with clean primer pockets, then by all means, get the SS media system.

Other than that, you are pissing into the fan (as in wasting your time).

Actually, pissing off the idiots next door would be an added benefit of clean brass. I really couldn't give a hoot about them, to be honest.

I didn't know that the SS method would be quiet--I could only imagine lots of brass and steel pins rolling around in the tumbler, and the noise that would come from that type of setup.

I've just recently started reloading, so my media and tumbler are pretty much brand new. No need to delve into something like an SS tumbler setup--I'd rather buy powder, primers, and projectiles.

Beanie-Bean
10-13-2011, 15:46
What is Po Po. I know we are talking Police but what the heck can that possibly mean.

That's what pop star "Ke$ha" calls the police. Yes, she really spells her name with a dollar sign. Perhaps she is in the "getting paid" line...

ron59
10-13-2011, 16:18

They've been called "po po" for quite some time. Found this on urban dictionary... makes sense:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=popo
(didn't cut/paste because of copyright policy)

Basically, bike cops wear a safety vest with large "PO" on it, for "police officer". Most bike cops ride in pairs. Riding together, you see:

PO PO

PsychoKnight
10-13-2011, 18:06
Yep. Those evil officers.:upeyes:
I'm sure they had nothing better to do so they randomly picked a home to harass the residents.
They got a call and did what they are paid to do.

Most aren't evil. A few are. They are a reflection of the general society. Heck, here in the Twin Towers jail in downtown L.A., a large fraction (guessing maybe a third?) of the deputies have gang-style tatoos and monikers for each other as they brutally enforce extraction of tributes (contraband/money) and unchallenged respect on their cell block territory. Chief Baca is finally acknowledging it this week and making incremental changes.

PsychoKnight
10-13-2011, 18:09

Gotta ask BigSlick.

steve4102
10-13-2011, 18:26
Doctors and health care providers do it now as well.

WiskyT
10-13-2011, 18:41
They've been called "po po" for quite some time. Found this on urban dictionary... makes sense:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=popo
(didn't cut/paste because of copyright policy)

Basically, bike cops wear a safety vest with large "PO" on it, for "police officer". Most bike cops ride in pairs. Riding together, you see:

PO PO

Urban dictionary is pretty sad. I've never seen bike cops or any other cops with "PO" on them. It reminds me of the time I challenged some ****bird in training to tell me why they called us "5-O" and he said it was because we had 5.0 engines liek the Mustangs:upeyes: The Chevy's had 5.7's and the Fords had 4.6. The kid was too young and stupid to know about McGarrett.

GioaJack
10-13-2011, 18:58
The new Hawaii Five 0 is a poor representation of the original. Now they scream... BOOK 'EM BRUCIE!

Jack

jdavionic
10-13-2011, 19:00
Wow, that's bizarre. I cannot stand my neighbors on one side. And they've seen me out there doing some odd things...heat treating lower receivers for AKs, putting several guns in & out of the vehicle for matches, tumbling brass outside, etc. Perhaps it's the loud shouting matches that I have with myself on the weekends :rofl:

unclebob
10-13-2011, 19:00
Doctors and health care providers do it now as well.

Yep. When I went for my per op with the nurse, she asked me if I was afraid to go home after the surgery. I couldn’t think of a good wise ass remark fast enough. So I just gave her a funny look like why are you asking such a stupid question. She just came back with. Well If I can just help one person.

WiskyT
10-13-2011, 19:05
The new Hawaii Five 0 is a poor representation of the original. Now they scream... BOOK 'EM BRUCIE!

Jack

Danno pentioned out years ago Jack, where've ya been? Columbo, Reed, Malloy, Bumper Morgan, they're all wearing plaid shorts and white patent leather shoes on the shuffle board court.

WolfNotSheep
10-13-2011, 19:07
OP, I hope you don't have to deal with that kinda BS often. I am blessed to be in a locale where open carry is fairly well accepted and guns are something most people enjoy.

glockurai
10-13-2011, 20:30

Pissed off police officer. At least that's what I've heard.

GioaJack
10-13-2011, 20:45
It's normally used in a different context; PO PO is used when referring to the police where as POPO is used when describing why many people go to jail... Pissing Off a Police Officer.

I, of course was never guilty of such a callous disregard of a citizen's rights.

Jack

m2hmghb
10-16-2011, 07:30
It's normally used in a different context; PO PO is used when referring to the police where as POPO is used when describing why many people go to jail... Pissing Off a Police Officer.

I, of course was never guilty of such a callous disregard of a citizen's rights.

Jack

I don't see you for callous disregard, but I do see you as flamboyant disregard.

WiskyT
10-16-2011, 09:17
I don't see you for callous disregard, but I do see you as flamboyant disregard.

Even as a young Street Monster, Jack showed a flamboyant flair in his report writing, foreshadowing his literary succes that would come later in life. A typical example would be when he referred to the use of his baton as the "application of a cocobolo shampoo in the interest of improving the hygiene of the subject."

Hogpauls
10-16-2011, 13:18
Sorry guys I did not intend for this thread to turn into a debate as to whether "Po Po" is a derogatory term used to decribe the police. As someone else had mentioned and I remember seeing bike patrol in So Cal as a kid riding in pairs with "PO" on their vests, thus Po Po.

The officers who came to my house were just doing their job and understandibly they have to follow up on gun related claims no matter how false they are. My beef was with whoever made such claims. I went down to the police station to retrieve a report so I could find out the exact wording of the complaint. There was no report turned in as of yet, if one will be filled out at all given the officers findings that no trouble was found. Anyways I filled out a form to have it or a letter saying there is no report sent to the house. I'll find out in 8 to 10 days.

NM Mountainman
10-17-2011, 20:53
With neighbors like that, you need a "yard-a-pult" for HD and creative self expression.
http://www.zimbio.com/watch/rI2PPvNg69c/Yard+A+Pult/Saturday+Night+Live