#1 buck? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : #1 buck?

WoodenPlank
10-14-2011, 07:48
Mas,
I believe you have suggested #1 buck shot for HD use in 12ga shotguns numerous times in the past. Any suggestions of where to reliably get such ammo, or a specific load you recommend? I have seen Federal Classic 2-3/4" suggested elsewhere, but have not (yet) been able to locate a source online.

As always, thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

-Plank

Mas Ayoob
10-14-2011, 17:59
Remington, Winchester, and Federal have all produced standard load -- i.e., "Express Load, hotter than "low recoil" or "Tactical" but not "Magnum" -- #1 buckshot with a payload of 16 .30 caliber pellets for the 12 gauge. Because it's not popular except in Texas and some parts of the South, you may have to special order it. It will run 12 gauge auto shotguns reliably.

I've heard of, but not yet seen, a low recoil load that should work fine in pumps and doubles, but may or may not cycle autos. If I may borrow a phrase, " 'Tis devoutly to be wished.' "

Best,
Mas

WoodenPlank
10-14-2011, 21:41
Remington, Winchester, and Federal have all produced standard load -- i.e., "Express Load, hotter than "low recoil" or "Tactical" but not "Magnum" -- #1 buckshot with a payload of 16 .30 caliber pellets for the 12 gauge. Because it's not popular except in Texas and some parts of the South, you may have to special order it. It will run 12 gauge auto shotguns reliably.

I've heard of, but not yet seen, a low recoil load that should work fine in pumps and doubles, but may or may not cycle autos. If I may borrow a phrase, " 'Tis devoutly to be wished.' "

Best,
Mas

Mas,
Any suggestions where any one of them could be ordered from? So far, my Google-Fu has only turned up one website offering #1 buck...but in a 16 gauge. I get the feeling my 12ga 590 wouldn't work to well with that. :whistling:

Mas Ayoob
10-15-2011, 18:32
Southern Sportsman has Winchester 2 3/4" 12 gauge #1 buckshot ammunition in stock as of today, and is happy to do business online. Order through: www.southernsportsmanonline.com .

best,
Mas