Ghost trigger connector [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ghost trigger connector

jhallen52
10-14-2011, 09:57
Would appreciate any comments on the advantages/disadvantages of putting a Ghost 3.5lb trigger connector on my new Gen4 21.

stufreed
10-14-2011, 10:10
I found that the trigger pull was a little heavy for my liking so I put the Ghost trigger in and never looked back, given when i go to the range I'm there for the better part of the day having, the trigger connecter reduced by more then half really made the difference. the only down side that i can see is if you want to carry the weapon you may want a heavier pull (safety) but if thats not an issue for you then i would say do it.

theglockside
10-14-2011, 10:15
It will make the trigger pull smother and slightly reduce over travel, I would also recommend using a 6lb trigger spring. If you really want to lighten the trigger get a firing pin spring, but for a carry gun that makes it to light (for me). In general it will help improve your shot placement.
With the gen4's primarily the 9mm's but all in general the bend angle of the trigger connectors might be slightly off. You will be able to tell if you push ever so slightly down on the back of the slide to the left ( while its unloaded) and dry fire it. Also try pushing to the right. If the connector is bent incorrectly you will pull the trigger but it wont connect with the sear and the gun wont fire.
You can adjust that by comparing the bend angle of the factory connector with the bend angle of the ghost and installing in on the opposite of the housing were the connector goes holding it down with your thumb at the base and ever so slightly pulling it towards you. Don't attempt to forcefully bend it in the direction you need as it will most likely snap it and or greatly over torque the connector.
Although some people have no issues at all with the ghost connectors. I own several and only had this issue with my gen4 19. I have a gen4 23 and 27 with connectors that didn't need any modification to the bend. The best part about Ghost is their customer support. If you don't like the connector send it back and they will give you a full refund even if you used it for a while and didn't buy it directly from them. Another cool thing is , Lets say you like your ghost connector but you want to try a different one. Just ship it back to ghost and they will give you full credit of its value towards another and if you don't like it they will either give you cash back or give you you're old one.

Hope this helps.

jhallen52
10-15-2011, 17:09
thanks for the info. greatly appreciated