you ever see debris in your barrel you just cant get out? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : you ever see debris in your barrel you just cant get out?

nickod
10-14-2011, 12:56
after cleaning i always look down the barrel just to check it is clean and shinny. any way about half down there is what looks like a small short thread or fiber or lint that just wont budge with a bore snake, brush, or swab. i tried to take a picture to show you but it didn't work out all. so im hopping to just take it to the range and and maybe it will come out next time? BTW this is a small, small speck of lint or something. i had to look pretty hard to even see it. this isn't the first time this has happened to me. does this occur regularly with you guys? or do you get a perfect tube after cleaning every time? does it even matter? should i be concerned?

alabaster
10-14-2011, 12:59
Yeah, my bore comes clean after cleaning. If it's not coming out with a bore brush, or bore snake, or any of the other methods you mentioned, it's NOT a thread or fiber. If it were, it WOULD come out. If it's a crack or a scratch, think twice about just running to the range and "Blasting it out". Anything obstructing the bore can cause health issues.

edit: This is probably a good example of when to visit your friendly local gunsmith.

nickod
10-14-2011, 13:22
well it just came back from adco........they did alot of check-up type work on my barrel and gasblock. is is possible they missed a fatal flaw?

cyrsequipment
10-14-2011, 13:42
well it just came back from adco........they did alot of check-up type work on my barrel and gasblock. is is possible they missed a fatal flaw?

Strange not much that can stick to the middle of the inside of a barrel, is it a wire from your cleaning brush or is it part of a cleaning patch stuck in your gas port?

Is it a chrome lined barrel? Maybe the chrome is cracked somehow?

nickod
10-14-2011, 14:09
okay okay. i feel really dumb saying this but here goes................i just took another look after that "it could be a crack" scare, and im pretty sure im seeing the shadow of my gas port or gas port it self. there is minor visible dust and microscopic normal house hold dust but that's just from whats in the air and sticking to my just cleaned and oiled bore. i really think i just really noticed the gas port for the first time in a perfectly shinny tube, saw a reflection or shadow and freaked out. sorry and thank you

cyrsequipment
10-14-2011, 14:35
okay okay. i feel really dumb saying this but here goes................i just took another look after that "it could be a crack" scare, and im pretty sure im seeing the shadow of my gas port or gas port it self. there is minor visible dust and microscopic normal house hold dust but that's just from whats in the air and sticking to my just cleaned and oiled bore. i really think i just really noticed the gas port for the first time in a perfectly shinny tube, saw a reflection or shadow and freaked out. sorry and thank you

:rofl:

No problem man, we all gotta learn sometime.

humanguerrilla
10-14-2011, 15:31
Anal about the cleaning.

Until tricky fiber, hair [curly? love your gun but don't love your gun. dog? same advice to dog.]
or dust is gone, I'll run a burst of compressed air through the bore or co2 through something like this --though mine also shoots round patches through different caliber attachments...can't find them anymore] :

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Black-Powder/Patches-Solvents-Cleaning%7C/pc/104792580/c/104701680/sc/104491980/CO2-Load-Discharger-Kit-and-Replacement-Cartridges/706432.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fshooting-black-powder-patches-solvents-cleaning%2F_%2FN-1100205&WTz_l=SEO%3Bcat104491980