Memorial Tree Dedication [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Tree Dedication

eaglefrq
10-15-2011, 11:02
I posted an EOW thread for VSP Adam Bowen who lost his life responding to a call for assistance from another officer.

Additional details surrounding his accident showed the evasive driving to avoid broadsiding the car that turned in front of him saved the lives of the couple in the car. Unfortunately, the car clipped his cruiser, spinning it sideways where it hit the curb flipped on it's passenger side and impacted a light pole with the roof first. This caused the car to split in half and Trooper Bowen was killed instantly.

My wife was at the accident scene and this profoundly changed her life. She had never met Trooper Bowen before, but felt there was something she was supposed to do. She prayed and planting the tree and dedicating it in his honor was what she came up with. She works for Walmart and talked with the store manager who fully supported her idea. The lady in the white top next to my wife is his fiance and the man at the end of the video is his father. There were approximately 80 other Troopers, King George Sheriff Deputies and King George Fire and Rescue members that were on the scene that day.

Here is the video from the dedication. Sorry about the shaky camera (I'm not the best cameraman) and this is my first time editing a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re2hJWTek-4&feature=feedu

God blessed me with the greatest and most compassionate wife ever, and I am proud to be her husband.

Patchman
10-15-2011, 20:40
Thank you for posting the video.

And please thank your wife for taking the initiative to plant that tree in Trooper Bowen's memory. It's one thing when the VSP has a memorial in Trooper Bowen's memory. But when it's the community, and individual members of that community, that takes it upon themselves to do something, that takes it to a totally different level.

Thanks again, and please thank your wife for me.

Ajon412
10-16-2011, 09:53
Thank you for posting the video.

And please thank your wife for taking the initiative to plant that tree in Trooper Bowen's memory. It's one thing when the VSP has a memorial in Trooper Bowen's memory. But when it's the community, and individual members of that community, that takes it upon themselves to do something, that takes it to a totally different level.

Thanks again, and please thank your wife for me.

I'd like to echo that sentiment as well.....What a wonderful tribute to one of our fallen brothers.....

eaglefrq
10-16-2011, 20:46
Thanks for your words. I passed your sentiments to her and she got a little teary eyed. Thanks again.