Horse [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Horse

Zombie Steve
10-15-2011, 18:19
To keep things on topic, Stevie and I shot around 500 reloads with cast boolits today. Everything worked like it was supposed to.

Stevie was shooting his girly 9mm competition mousfarts. I was shooting the mighty .45 auto with full strength loads (single stack, I might add).

We ran the course a few times, then decided to play a game of horse (you remember junior high basketball, right?).

Stevie conveniently forgot the rules when it favored him, but I just went with it as I generally feel sorry for him (there's a reason he doesn't post pictures of himself). He stayed in front where I had to match his shots on the plate rack from the tailgate of his truck some 30 yards out, using someone else's gun, a texas star weak hand only, and so on.

I let him win both rounds. :whistling: I will say he impressed me when he hit a popper 5 times before it dropped (goes back to the mousefart reloads). Some day when Stevie gets all growds up and can shoot a he-man caliber we'll celebrate.

It was a good day at the range. :thumbsup:

norton
10-15-2011, 18:31
Sounds like you guys had a good day this Saturday.
I did too.
I ran 100 rounds of .38 special, and 50 of .44 mag. Also 50 or so of .45Colt. All my own cast bullets, reloads.
And 65 12 gauge shotshells.
Cool and Sunny here with falling leaves. You have those in Colorado? No? Oh, I see instead of leaves you have rocks falling. Well at least you don't have to rake those da**ed things.

Colorado4Wheel
10-15-2011, 18:33
It was a great morning of shooting. Horse was way more fun with a gun then I thought it would be. I had never practiced driving a popper back with a gun. That was fun. Next time I will have practiced it so you better watch out.

It was nice to have my cast boolits actually work. I made a bunch of undersized boolits in the past. Playing Horse, shooting 8 inch plates at 30 yds would not have been as fun with my bullets tumbling.

Great day. Did the others have fun?

Zombie Steve
10-15-2011, 18:44
The other guys had a blast. We need to get Jon, Klint and Ray down one day for a game of Special Forces vs. The Steves.

Zombie Steve
10-15-2011, 18:47
Sounds like you guys had a good day this Saturday.
I did too.
I ran 100 rounds of .38 special, and 50 of .44 mag. Also 50 or so of .45Colt. All my own cast bullets, reloads.
And 65 12 gauge shotshells.
Cool and Sunny here with falling leaves. You have those in Colorado? No? Oh, I see instead of leaves you have rocks falling. Well at least you don't have to rake those da**ed things.

Sounds fun. I need to get a mold for .45 Colt. I still don't have one, and the cast bullets I bought are undersized to the point they streak the barrel with lead. No fun. I'll get on that soon.

We have pine, aspen and scrub oak here. Down where Stevie lives in Pee-eb-lo they have cholla cactus and dirt.

Hoser
10-15-2011, 19:15
Did the others have fun?

I had fun watching. Monkeys and footballs come to mind...

Colorado4Wheel
10-15-2011, 19:16
The other guys had a blast. We need to get Jon, Klint and Ray down one day for a game of Special Forces vs. The Steves.

For those that don't know. I won every game of horse with my POS Plastic Gun against the high end 1911 and all the Sig's . That is why Jack has not weighed in yet.

I did come home, cleaned the gun and found my rear sight was loose as well. Next time I will shoot with one arm tied behind my back. It's going to be real humbling to get beat by a 65 year old Lizard with Trifocals and a very handsome grey haired guy with bifocals again.

Seriously. This was one of the best days shooting ever. Nothing like a kids game to really mix it up a little.

Colorado4Wheel
10-15-2011, 19:18
I had fun watching. Monkeys and footballs come to mind...

Thanks for letting us use your Steel.

Edit: Opps.

Zombie Steve
10-15-2011, 20:04
The steel too. Thanks Hozer.

EL_NinO619
10-15-2011, 20:09
Sounds fun. Wish I could of been there, But I know you Girls would not one a RED blooded young buck like me to show you up...LOL

I will have to try horse next time. But I will win every time. I shoot with a bunch of Micheal Foxes...XDRoX

Zombie Steve
10-15-2011, 20:13
You gots your work cut out for you shooting against Stevie... pray Lizard doesn't show up.

GioaJack
10-15-2011, 20:30
For those that don't know. I won every game of horse with my POS Plastic Gun against the high end 1911 and all the Sig's . That is why Jack has not weighed in yet.

I did come home, cleaned the gun and found my rear sight was loose as well. Next time I will shoot with one arm tied behind my back. It's going to be real humbling to get beat by a 65 year old Lizard with Trifocals and a very handsome grey haired guy with bifocals again.

Seriously. This was one of the best days shooting ever. Nothing like a kids game to really mix it up a little.

Did the crime lab recover the rounds that were fired at you and did you give a statement to Internal Affairs without a PBA representative present? :whistling:

(If you guys were smart you just would have shot at Hozer... now that would have impressed me.)

Jack

Hoser
10-16-2011, 08:57
The steel too. Thanks Hozer.

No problema t all guys. Glad you had fun.

sellersm
10-16-2011, 12:30
Thanks for the invite. Oh wait, I never show up anyways...

Sounds like fun! It's always good to mix things up a bit!