youtube slow buffering? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : youtube slow buffering?

cosmose
10-18-2011, 17:30
anyway to speed up youtube? its buffering slow (having to wait before playing) is this a internet connection thing or something about the computer?

Thanks for any info:)

HerrGlock
10-18-2011, 17:57
It's youtube. I think they're being victims of their own success and haven't updated their servers and bandwidth enough to handle the load.

M1A Shooter
10-18-2011, 18:01
i hope it is youtube. ive been cussing my computer alot lately. dont have as big of a problem with youtube on my android though.

Pierre!
10-18-2011, 20:53
Might want to check your Flash settings...

Stuttering v-v-v-Videos? Try These Top Three Tips! (http://seeberconsultblog.com/stuttering-v-v-v-videos-try-these-top-three-tips/)

HTH...

Patrick

barstoolguru
10-18-2011, 21:31
I think it's you tube too I can sit here and watch netflix with no probs and have a you tub video and it runs slow. try updating adobe flash it might help

Linux3
10-19-2011, 09:24
What videos on youtube are you watching?
I just ran through a bunch and everything worked just time.
I'm using flash ver. 11.0.1.129

voyager4520
10-19-2011, 10:21
It depends on how often you watch videos and which channel you're watching. If you watch videos a lot they tend to slow down the buffering speed for you(aka throttling). If the channel you're watching is a YouTube partner and the video you're watching has ads YouTube will generally buffer those videos faster because they're a source of income for YouTube.

They also seem to slow down the buffering for certain types of video at certain times of day. I'll watch videos for video games and after the first few the buffering will become really slow. I'll watch sponsored gun videos all day long with no problem but then when I watch a gun video with no sponsoring it'll buffer slow.

cosmose
10-19-2011, 23:13
What videos on youtube are you watching?
I just ran through a bunch and everything worked just time.
I'm using flash ver. 11.0.1.129
hicok45 and a ton of different survival/bushcraft vids

Stuttering v-v-v-Videos? Try These Top Three Tips! (http://seeberconsultblog.com/stuttering-v-v-v-videos-try-these-top-three-tips/)

HTH...

Patrick

Thanks this actually helped a lot! although i still have to wait on the longer videos.

I have seen some downloads for video accelerator that is suppose to eliminate buffering for youtube vids has anybody heard of these kind of downloads and do they help?

Pierre!
10-20-2011, 23:19
hicok45 and a ton of different survival/bushcraft vids

Thanks this actually helped a lot! although i still have to wait on the longer videos.

I have seen some downloads for video accelerator that is suppose to eliminate buffering for youtube vids has anybody heard of these kind of downloads and do they help?

Good to hear it helped... it helped me quite a bit, but sometimes I do have to pause the video and let it get well ahead of the playback rate.

It's a balancing act - If you can watch your videos when the rest of the world is working or sleeping, life is *good* and you can spin through lots of videos...

But other times when everyone is on you just have to let it download a bit more than you thought it would need... and then play away.

Glad I helped a little bit anyway...

Patrick

Never Nervous
11-04-2011, 18:57

HTH...

Patrick

Works great. Thanks. Will I will have to set it every time?

NN

Never Nervous
11-04-2011, 19:05
i hope it is youtube. ive been cussing my computer alot lately. dont have as big of a problem with youtube on my android though.

Same here. I can watch anything on you tube on my android.

NN

Pierre!
11-04-2011, 21:44
Works great. Thanks. Will I will have to set it every time?

NN

Nope, once it's set, it's set!

Glad that helped...

Patrick