Props to Peerless Handcuffs [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Props to Peerless Handcuffs

MeefZah
10-20-2011, 10:15
I have a few sets of Peerless, and my newer hinged 801s have started to loosen up to the point that if I apply the single strand part of the cuff to a persons wrist, it swivels through it's motion but doesn't go into the slot to engage the locking mechanism, it just bounces off the base of the double strand (does that make any sense?).

They were still perfectly useable, I just couldn't rely on them to engage if I had to snap them on a guy's wrist in a fight or something.

I sent them back in to Peerless under their lifetime warranty.

6 days later, they were back, fixed; and they sent me a brand new pair of 801s for my trouble. So for the cost of shipping there ($4), and a 6 day wait, I got essentially two new pairs of cuffs.

Props to them for being fast, honest, and generous. They actually could have dishonored the warranty because I have my name etched on them and that voids the warranty.

The only other LE equipment company I've had repair work done by that is as good is Streamlight. Both of those companies now have me as a customer for life.

Hack
10-20-2011, 10:21
Peerless is al right then. Good to hear.:)

Sampo
10-20-2011, 10:22
I never go anywhere without my Peerless... great, tough, simple design that can't be beat.

nitesite10mm
10-20-2011, 14:40
I like my Peerless hinged because they still use the push-pin double lock, which many newer cuffs do not. Just the way I was first indoctrinated some 20+ years ago. I honestly didn't know they have a Lifetime Warranty. That's good to know, and mine are also electro-penned with my ID.

I'm glad to hear you had a great customer experience with Peerless!

toddmog
10-20-2011, 15:33
I have two sets of S&W 100's that do the same thing that the OP posted. One set is worse than the other. Anyone know what kind of warranty S&W offers?

Kadetklapp
10-20-2011, 18:20
Nice. I've got a black hinged set of 801s. I've hardly used them, but they are good cuffs.

JohnnyReb
10-20-2011, 18:34
While I perfer S&W handcuffs, I always appreciate hearing about a company standing by their products.

OXCOPS
10-20-2011, 18:38
I'm not sure off the top of my head, but they've always been top notch when I had to send a couple of guns back.

collim1
10-20-2011, 19:12
While I perfer S&W handcuffs, I always appreciate hearing about a company standing by their products.

My Peerless cuffs rust at the swing hinge to the point where they eventually loosen as yours did.

I carry S&W's on my belt now, and have 5 pairs of Peerless cuffs in the car as backups. My Smith's dont rust.

use2b6L32
10-20-2011, 22:51
If you guys can ever snag a pair of Model 400's get them (buy them, not steal them!)

They're just like regular Peerless', but they're heavy duty. Way more solid than the standard issue cuffs.

COLOSHOOTR
10-21-2011, 02:16
I think S&W Handcuffs also have a lifetime warranty but I could be wrong....

JohnnyReb
10-21-2011, 02:25
My Peerless cuffs rust at the swing hinge to the point where they eventually loosen as yours did.

I carry S&W's on my belt now, and have 5 pairs of Peerless cuffs in the car as backups. My Smith's dont rust.

I carry a pair of the blued smith and wesson cuffs. Never buy those. I sprayed disinfectant on then that stripped the finish, and how I need to wipe them down almost daily.

They are still functional, and well broken in, so ill continue to use them.