GT BrainTrust Help!Remington 870 Tactical w/ Folding Stock Sling Mount Help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GT BrainTrust Help!Remington 870 Tactical w/ Folding Stock Sling Mount Help

Javelin
10-20-2011, 15:39
I am trying to attach a sling to my Remington 870 Tactical with the factory upward folding stock.

Here is the problem:

The weaver sling hole on the forearm is big enough for a standard weaver sling swivel. The hole on the back of the stock is too small.... so I cannot attach a weaver sling mount to it. I went with BlackHawk! sling attachments as they are as standard as I could find.

What are my options to attach a sling to my Shotgun?

Here is a pic of my shotgun for reference.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1086/edited3b1noveskeshotgun.jpg

aippi
10-20-2011, 17:53
That is not a factory folder. That is a Knoxx SpecOps folder. It has a Qick detach stud at the rear of it. You get a QD sling swivel and your issue is over.

Javelin
10-20-2011, 22:35
I am not seeing a QD stud at the rear... mine must be an older model maybe? All I have is a little stud w/ a hole sticking out the end of it as a one piece solid end cap.

:dunno:

aippi
10-21-2011, 09:35
That is the quick detach sling stud. A quick detach swivel goes in there and the sling goes through the swivel. Go to walmart and buy a sling that has the quick detach swivels on the ends and put it on the weapon. One goes through the front QD that is at the bottom of your barrel bracket and the other at the end of your SpecOps folder.