Pancake Wings [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pancake Wings

Lord
10-20-2011, 22:09
I didn't want to wait 16 weeks and spend $30 on a pair, so I ordered a single sheet for $8 and made my own. Compared to standard belt loops, the wings are awesome. Very close ride, no bulge, no print.
What do you think?

[img=http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1403/pa210008.th.jpg] (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/pa210008.jpg/)
[img=http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5633/pa210007.th.jpg] (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/pa210007.jpg/)
[img=http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3716/pa210006x.th.jpg] (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/5/pa210006x.jpg/)
[img=http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6382/pa210005.th.jpg] (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/98/pa210005.jpg/)

BailRecoveryAgent
10-21-2011, 06:28
Raven charges $30 with a 16 week wait time for pancake wings?:wow::wow:

They look like they'll do the job nicely. I'm going to probably make my own holster this winter, and I'll be making a set of pancake wings as well. From what I've seen, nothing holds tighter to the body than those with that holster type.

redbaron007
10-21-2011, 07:21
I ordered the Palmetto Kydex holster a month or so ago and have really enjoyed it. It is similar to the Raven with no wait.

I too have a sheet of Kydex and plan to make some pancake wings soon. I've seen some others, but I like the way you have cut them out. They look nice! :thumbsup:

:wavey:

red

up1911fan
10-21-2011, 08:50
I've got them on all 4 of my Ravens ( the rear loop only) and there should be one on the Palmetto holster that's on it's way to me. FWIW RCS wing's are 19.99 and they generally ship all hardware like the wing's in around 2 weeks, not the same long wait as a holster or other gear.

Lord
10-21-2011, 09:39
Raven charges $30 with a 16 week wait time for pancake wings?:wow::wow:

They look like they'll do the job nicely. I'm going to probably make my own holster this winter, and I'll be making a set of pancake wings as well. From what I've seen, nothing holds tighter to the body than those with that holster type.

Yeah I checked with them. I asked about the 16 weeks and they said they are super busy and that's the best they can do. As far as the cost, they're $19.99 and then there's $10 for shipping.

Lord
10-21-2011, 09:39
I ordered the Palmetto Kydex holster a month or so ago and have really enjoyed it. It is similar to the Raven with no wait.

I too have a sheet of Kydex and plan to make some pancake wings soon. I've seen some others, but I like the way you have cut them out. They look nice! :thumbsup:

:wavey:

red

thanks.

RCSMichael
10-21-2011, 21:48
Yeah I checked with them. I asked about the 16 weeks and they said they are super busy and that's the best they can do. As far as the cost, they're $19.99 and then there's $10 for shipping.

My name is Michael Goerlich, and I am the owner of Raven Concealment Systems.

All accessories, including our pancake wings, ship in 7-14 days. It clearly states that in bold print directly in the center of our home page at www.ravenconcealment.com. This has always been our policy..

The only instance where your accessories would take longer to ship would be if you also added a non-accessory item when you placed your order. We ship all orders complete, so if, for example, you ordered a set of pancake wings and a Sig P-226 holster, your order would not ship until your holster was finished some 16-18 weeks later.

I should also point out that we did away with the $10 flat shipping policy when we launched the new website. This new site calculates the exact USPS charges for shipping your order, so the costs for shipping small items like accessories has dropped significantly.

In then end, it is always feasible to make your own accessories from Kydex. It's fair to point out that our accessories will provide some pronounced advantages compared to the Kydex ones, stemming from our advanced design and the nearly unbreakable polymer from which we make them. I wouldn't charge $19.99 for them if I didn't feel they were worth every penny.

RussP
10-22-2011, 05:38

All accessories, including our pancake wings, ship in 7-14 days. It clearly states that in bold print directly in the center of our home page at www.ravenconcealment.com. This has always been our policy..

The only instance where your accessories would take longer to ship would be if you also added a non-accessory item when you placed your order. We ship all orders complete, so if, for example, you ordered a set of pancake wings and a Sig P-226 holster, your order would not ship until your holster was finished some 16-18 weeks later.

I should also point out that we did away with the $10 flat shipping policy when we launched the new website. This new site calculates the exact USPS charges for shipping your order, so the costs for shipping small items like accessories has dropped significantly.

In then end, it is always feasible to make your own accessories from Kydex. It's fair to point out that our accessories will provide some pronounced advantages compared to the Kydex ones, stemming from our advanced design and the nearly unbreakable polymer from which we make them. I wouldn't charge $19.99 for them if I didn't feel they were worth every penny.Michael, welcome to Glock Talk and thank you for addressing this issue.

Your response illustrates what we've stressed here on Glock Talk for years. If a member has an issue with a vendor, contact the vendor, specifically the owner of the company, directly and explain what you want to do. Sometimes, what we want to happen just isn't feasible. That's life. However, if you do not ask, or if you do not ask the right person, you'll have zero chance of getting what you want.

BailRecoveryAgent
10-25-2011, 08:22

All accessories, including our pancake wings, ship in 7-14 days. It clearly states that in bold print directly in the center of our home page at www.ravenconcealment.com (http://www.ravenconcealment.com). This has always been our policy..

In then end, it is always feasible to make your own accessories from Kydex. It's fair to point out that our accessories will provide some pronounced advantages compared to the Kydex ones, stemming from our advanced design and the nearly unbreakable polymer from which we make them. I wouldn't charge $19.99 for them if I didn't feel they were worth every penny.

Yes, thanks for the clarification.

mikekjg
10-25-2011, 09:23
http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefd556f-d414-6b70.jpg

Pancake wings are great and really add to an already great holster.

Lord
10-25-2011, 09:47
Michael, welcome to Glock Talk and thank you for addressing this issue.

Your response illustrates what we've stressed here on Glock Talk for years. If a member has an issue with a vendor, contact the vendor, specifically the owner of the company, directly and explain what you want to do. Sometimes, what we want to happen just isn't feasible. That's life. However, if you do not ask, or if you do not ask the right person, you'll have zero chance of getting what you want.

First, I never saw it as an "issue". I directly contacted Raven and specifically asked about the 16 week wait time and was told, just as I stated, that it was because of how busy they are. I didn't go half cocked and assume anything. I inquired specifically to get clarity and that's what I got.

Second, at the time I was going to place the order, the shipping cost would have been $10, which would have brought the total cost up to $30. That is a statement of fact, that Michael points out in his response. This was prior to a new website with a shipping calculator.

Finally, I never stated that Raven's products were anything less than quality. In fact, it's the good reviews and clear imagery that define their products that had me looking to them originally. Being told I had no choice but to wait the 16 weeks (as told directly by Raven), and having to pay $30 (as $19.99 + $10) is what turned me off to ordering them. At no time was there anything detrimental said about Raven Concealment; I just didn't want to have to pay that much, and wait that long, so I made my own. I didn't have an issue with the vendor, and I did exactly as you describe... I contacted the vendor and used the information that was given to me by the vendor. If the information that I was given by Raven was wrong, then Michael should check with his staff on it so that proper information is given.

It's funny how a statement of absolute fact suddenly makes me a bad guy as soon as Raven steps in to defend themselves when there was no attack to begin with.

BailRecoveryAgent
10-25-2011, 10:52
First, I never saw it as an "issue". I directly contacted Raven and specifically asked about the 16 week wait time and was told, just as I stated, that it was because of how busy they are. I didn't go half cocked and assume anything. I inquired specifically to get clarity and that's what I got.

Second, at the time I was going to place the order, the shipping cost would have been $10, which would have brought the total cost up to $30. That is a statement of fact, that Michael points out in his response. This was prior to a new website with a shipping calculator.

Finally, I never stated that Raven's products were anything less than quality. In fact, it's the good reviews and clear imagery that define their products that had me looking to them originally. Being told I had no choice but to wait the 16 weeks (as told directly by Raven), and having to pay $30 (as $19.99 + $10) is what turned me off to ordering them. At no time was there anything detrimental said about Raven Concealment; I just didn't want to have to pay that much, and wait that long, so I made my own. I didn't have an issue with the vendor, and I did exactly as you describe... I contacted the vendor and used the information that was given to me by the vendor. If the information that I was given by Raven was wrong, then Michael should check with his staff on it so that proper information is given.

It's funny how a statement of absolute fact suddenly makes me a bad guy as soon as Raven steps in to defend themselves when there was no attack to begin with.

I don't think RussP's post was meant entirely about this thread. He see's lots of "I bought Xbrand Xmodel this and that and they did this, what should I do" threads on here all the time. I think it was a blanket statement to all regarding contacting manufacturers first.

I could be mistaken, but Russ doesn't typically jump to conclusions on here.

Lord
10-25-2011, 11:32
I don't think RussP's post was meant entirely about this thread. He see's lots of "I bought Xbrand Xmodel this and that and they did this, what should I do" threads on here all the time. I think it was a blanket statement to all regarding contacting manufacturers first.

I could be mistaken, but Russ doesn't typically jump to conclusions on here.

thanks. much ado over pancake wings.