Viper PST 1-4X24 & Bobro [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Viper PST 1-4X24 & Bobro

bobbss
10-20-2011, 22:33
I just got a PST 1-4X24 and Bobro mount for my SP6940.I'm new to optics,does anyone that has either of these,have any tips to get the most out of them,like battery life ect...?Thanks!

Justin1911
10-21-2011, 04:57
I've got one in a LaRue mount, awesome optic best in class for the money IMHO, and I've gone threw some 1-4x's over the last few years. Haven't had a problem with battery - that's because I never use it. In daylight you really can't see the illumanation anyway.

BBJones
10-21-2011, 08:03
Good scope for the money and really good mount. Good buy.

Battery life is not the best on the pst series. However, illumination is not really needed unless in lowlight situations. Replace the battery that came with it. It is junk.

Aside from getting some covers for the lenses and maybe a throw lever to quickly change magnifications, not much else for you to do. Practice practice practice.

bobbss
10-21-2011, 10:52

Battery life is not the best on the pst series. However, illumination is not really needed unless in lowlight situations. Replace the battery that came with it. It is junk.

Aside from getting some covers for the lenses and maybe a throw lever to quickly change magnifications, not much else for you to do. Practice practice practice.

Thanks!I already bought the caps.When it came to the mount,I figured it didn't cost that much more to go high end,so why not.Now the scope,thats another story,it could cost alot more to go high end.

Clint-M
10-21-2011, 11:45
What caps did you get (pics if you have them)? I've been thinking about getting some for my Vortex but never got around to it.

CM

BBJones
10-21-2011, 12:22
What caps did you get (pics if you have them)? I've been thinking about getting some for my Vortex but never got around to it.

CM

I have Butler Creeks. Be careful on sizing. I can't remember which size I ordered but the one for the eye piece is really loose. I believe I followed Vortex's recommendation too. I am going to track down what size I ordered and get 1 smaller. The objective fits perfect.

freedom790
10-21-2011, 14:27
I have Butler Creeks. Be careful on sizing. I can't remember which size I ordered but the one for the eye piece is really loose. I believe I followed Vortex's recommendation too. I am going to track down what size I ordered and get 1 smaller. The objective fits perfect.

If it fits just a hair loose you can line the inside of the flip cap with a layer or two of electrical tape. Then place the cap back on and presto, no more loose.

HAIL CAESAR
10-21-2011, 16:36
I had a PST and sold it. Really didn't care for it. I used a ADM mount and it did work, but I didn't find the reticule very useful.

bobbss
10-21-2011, 19:17
I orderd the scope from SWFA,they picked out the Butler Creek caps for me,and they fit tight.

bobbss
10-21-2011, 19:20
I had a PST and sold it. Really didn't care for it. I used a ADM mount and it did work, but I didn't find the reticule very useful.

What did you replace it with?

HAIL CAESAR
10-21-2011, 19:24
What did you replace it with?

I have a Burris XTR 1-4 now.

BBJones
10-21-2011, 20:54

eventhough I like the PST the reticle on the 1-4 is tough to use for ranging and hold overs. It is too cluttered. If it was a 6x or higher it would be more useable.

HAIL CAESAR
10-21-2011, 21:11
eventhough I like the PST the reticle on the 1-4 is tough to use for ranging and hold overs. It is too cluttered. If it was a 6x or higher it would be more useable.

I agree.

Clint-M
10-22-2011, 11:58
I have a Burris XTR 1-4 now.

I made the same switch in reverse. I didn't have anything against the Burris but I posted a question about a Vortex on a different board and received an e-mail from the owner answering my question and laying out just how far they would go to guarantee customer satisfaction.

The scope is not particularly better, but knowing I can speak to the man himself about replacing the scope I decided to throw down the road for fun is nice.

CM

bobbss
10-25-2011, 09:13

What brand of battery are you using?

BBJones
10-25-2011, 10:33
What brand of battery are you using?

Don't know. Buddy runs a camera/electronics shop. He handed me some and said they were good.