When $110K a year just isn't enough... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : When $110K a year just isn't enough...

Newcop761
10-20-2011, 22:52
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/investigative/ice-officer-busted-in-sting-operation-10-18-2011

http://www.kpho.com/story/15732508/deportation-officer-arrested-in-pot-smuggling

A Deportation Officer in Phoenix, Arizona flees from police in his G-ride...while hauling 500lbs of pot. The chase got up to 110mph and only ended after this jackass rolled his vehicle.

Oh...yeah he was arrested at the scene by agents from the Office of the Inspector General who had been tipped off by a crook looking to play let's make a deal.

Yup he's screwed. Thanks for ****ting on my badge ****** bag. Enjoy prison. :steamed:

On the bright side there will soon be an opening for a Deportation Officer in Phoenix.

blueiron
10-20-2011, 23:04
Profound idiocy!

Patchman
10-21-2011, 05:08
Hauling 500 pounds of marijuana? I'm doing to guess that this idiot is going to say it was for his personal consumption.

And he engaged n the 45-minute chase because when he was a child his parents never taught him to share.

Vigilant
10-21-2011, 06:06
They just caught someone a couple counties away from me, trying to smuggle a pound of pot and 3 cell phones into a prison.

The penalties are not nearly harsh enough for crap like this.

Hack
10-21-2011, 07:10
Sad. And, shameful. I wonder if he will wind up at my facility? Why is it that there are so many who turn bad? Does it matter the oath we swear or affirm to that we will do what we are called to do? We are all weak within our frame, and I think, "There but for the grace of God ... " No being weak doesn't justify giving into temptation, but perhaps it does explain some things.

Some will tarnish the reputation further of LE in general, and their agency/department in particular. If someone you know or if you yourself think that you have to give in to something that will hurt others in some way, talk to someone you trust. You obviously need help to find your way back; to where you were on the right side of the thin blue line.

Newcop761
10-21-2011, 18:26
I know I shouldn't be surprised how cheaply some will sell their integrity.

It's as if they don't understand that when they cross the line that they're owned.

This guy was prior border patrol. Just like the ports of entry, lots of opportunities. One of the news articles says that both his wife and girlfriend vouch for him being a 'good person'.:upeyes:

Hack, how much of your inmate population are illegal aliens? This guy's probably looking at 20 years of protective custody.

CJStudent
10-21-2011, 19:04

It's as if they don't understand that when they cross the line that they're owned.

This guy was prior border patrol. Just like the ports of entry, lots of opportunities. One of the news articles says that both his wife and girlfriend vouch for him being a 'good person'.:upeyes:

Hack, how much of your inmate population are illegal aliens? This guy's probably looking at 20 years of protective custody.

I don't know about Hack's, but I know ours is pretty high. What a mess. Unfortunately, I see it happen all too often in Corrections, but I never thought I'd see someone throw a federal career away like that. I was wrong; two were walked out of my current facility right before I got hired for bringing in cells phones, possibly dope as well. What a mess.

RVER
10-21-2011, 19:48
*****h01e!!!!!!!!

Hack
10-22-2011, 09:28

Pretty darn high, but the highest number of inmates are white. I think the second highest is black, with the third highest being Mexican. Then, there are the rest. I would say that they are releasing to ICE at least once or twice per week, anywhere from 1 to four inmates at a time. That's just a rough guess.

Newcop761
10-22-2011, 10:46
That's about what we get from our FCI.

RWBlue
10-22-2011, 11:19
The police are people, no better and no worse. If you get enough people together one of them will be a crook. I hope this one enjoys his new life.