Mullah! Stevie! Jack! Feeling Blue Last Night! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mullah! Stevie! Jack! Feeling Blue Last Night!

Zombie Steve
10-21-2011, 08:23
Buddy just got back from A-stan a few days back, got his 550B yesterday afternoon. We set it up and turned out 1,000 rounds of 45 auto in a few hours. You might say it was flawless. Nothing broke, Jack.

The green stays on my bench for everything else, but I'll be visiting my friend to feed the 1911's from now on. Are you happy now, Ron?

Also - same buddy stopped at his dad's house in Yankee / Unionland before he drove back to Colorado. Dad gave him several shower pans he picked up from some remodel jobs. I cleaned it all up and cast it into ingots. I think this stuff is straight lead. I can bend the ingots with my hands. I might try to cast / shoot it as is and see what happens, but if I need to, anyone have suggestions of a cheap way to find tin / antimony to add to the alloy? I do not want to dip in to my precious linotype supply, and the 95/5 tin/antimony solder you can find at the hardware store here is about $18 for 8 ounces. :crying:

fredj338
10-21-2011, 09:39
Nothing should break, it's Blue!
Your best bet for affordable alloy mat'l. is clip ww. Short of that, buying super hard from Rotometals is affordable, way cheaper than store bought solder. Keep an eye out for guys selling lino on E-bay & CastBoolit forum. Sometimes you can find it for as little as $1/#. It's best bought in type form ,then you know what you are getting. A 4-1 lead/lino mix makes a good useable alloy. Water drop that if you want it harder.

El_Ron1
10-21-2011, 10:31
Bless you my son. How many you gonna have to dismantle due to a "bad feeling" about them?

Colorado4Wheel
10-21-2011, 11:03
Lets shoot them all tomorrow and not worry about it. You will be standing in a puddle of brass with a grin on your face. :)

Zombie Steve
10-21-2011, 12:30
Bless you my son. How many you gonna have to dismantle due to a "bad feeling" about them?

All of them the loud, fun way.

GioaJack
10-21-2011, 12:50
Anyone ever notice how Zombie never misses an opportunity to break someone else's equipment? :whistling:

Jack

Zombie Steve
10-21-2011, 15:19
Good Lord, either your dementia is getting worse, or you need to lay off the morphine and scotch. Go read the first post again. NOTHING BROKE!!!

:eric:

GioaJack
10-21-2011, 15:35
Good Lord, either your dementia is getting worse, or you need to lay off the morphine and scotch. Go read the first post again. NOTHING BROKE!!!

:eric:

The day ain't over yet.

Jack

shotgunred
10-23-2011, 10:39
Anyone ever notice how Zombie never misses an opportunity to break someone else's equipment? :whistling:

Jack

At least dillon will fix it. His buddy wont be able to shoot but the part will be in the mail.

Colorado4Wheel
10-23-2011, 13:37
At least dillon will be fixable. His buddy wont be able to shoot but the part will be in the mail.

I fixed it for you. :whistling:

Some others, not so much.

shotgunred
10-23-2011, 19:53
:rofl::rofl::rofl: