Shills . . . explain why [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shills . . . explain why

Morris
10-21-2011, 10:23
Who are these shills in uniform who stand behind politicians to make the politicians and their message sound good? Are they forced to do it? Brainwashed? Or truly supportive of those who would use us as cannon fodder for their failing system?

(For the record, thinking of the Biden dog and pony show earlier this week)

9jeeps
10-21-2011, 10:39
Under the authority of military command I had to stand in a lot of unpleasant formations during my service. Fortunately I missed all Politicos.

Ajon412
10-21-2011, 11:08
Who are these shills in uniform who stand behind politicians to make the politicians and their message sound good? Are they forced to do it? Brainwashed? Or truly supportive of those who would use us as cannon fodder for their failing system?

Ahh, the Photo Op Cops........Gotta love 'em....Notice none of them are wearing a complete duty belt.....:whistling:...It may be a combination of the above reason as to why.

Mayhem like Me
10-21-2011, 11:27
I call them 3 legged dogs.
They are police administrators that act like 3 legged dogs, they get their *** kicked when walking around with 4 legged dogs so the become the dog-beotch of the 4 legged dog politician.
They will bark and bark and bark but only have bite when protected by the 4 legged dog politician they are he-beotched to....
Pretty much a useless shell of a cop willing to put on a uniform and sell out to those that support their useless commands.

But Other than that I have no strong feeling on the matter.................. :)

BamaTrooper
10-21-2011, 14:48
Aren't most top level admin, chief, Col, dep chief, etc...at will employees and thus subject to the whims of those that appointed them?

pupcuss27
10-21-2011, 14:56
Aren't most top level admin, chief, Col, dep chief, etc...at will employees and thus subject to the whims of those that appointed them?

This^^

PUP

Morris
10-21-2011, 16:16
When I discussed this with my wife, I explained that I would take the lumps and letters for refusing to stand in BS political photo ops. Even if it meant time off.

But then again, my attorney would have a field day over that. :)

CAcop
10-21-2011, 17:31
When I discussed this with my wife, I explained that I would take the lumps and letters for refusing to stand in BS political photo ops. Even if it meant time off.

You are probably a lot like me. We have those sort of dog and pony shows from time to time....They never seem to ask me....I suspect they know the answer they will get from me even though they aren't asking a question....managers tend to try to avoid fights....if they didn't mind a fight they wouldn't be managers.

merlynusn
10-22-2011, 10:00
Our command staff is not at will. It's a promotion with civil service protection as well. I think each promotion you are on probation for 6 months first.

But yeah, any of the leadership here that stands up against the head honchos gets keelhauled.

steveksux
10-22-2011, 17:25
Aren't most top level admin, chief, Col, dep chief, etc...at will employees and thus subject to the whims of those that appointed them?You got to dance with them that brung ya.

Every once in a while you'll get a guy in the top slot with backbone and integrity that stands up for his troops to the city management, will fall on his sword rather than compromise his principles.

They call those "movies".

Randy

Morris
10-22-2011, 18:49
Every once in a while you'll get a guy in the top slot with backbone and integrity that stands up for his troops to the city management, will fall on his sword rather than compromise his principles.

They call those "movies".

:rofl::rofl::rofl: So very true! :rofl::rofl:

Mayhem like Me
10-22-2011, 19:39
This^^

PUP
No not most , in Police departments only the top dog is usually an at will employee.

ateamer
10-23-2011, 05:02

They're a bunch of fatass, no-balls, never-did-anything-remotely-resembling-real-police-work, ass kissers who dream of retiring to Thailand and an unlimited supply of 11 year old boys.

AngryBassets
10-23-2011, 07:17
I call them 3 legged dogs.
They are police administrators that act like 3 legged dogs, they get their *** kicked when walking around with 4 legged dogs so the become the dog-beotch of the 4 legged dog politician.
They will bark and bark and bark but only have bite when protected by the 4 legged dog politician they are he-beotched to....
Pretty much a useless shell of a cop willing to put on a uniform and sell out to those that support their useless commands.

But Other than that I have no strong feeling on the matter.................. :)

Here, in my county, the biggest department is maybe 90 cops. Mine is ~65. So any photo ops are usually taken by the brass, although I know of certain sergeants that cannot get enough camera time. It's quite weird.

I'm currently in a position where I have "run" some special events. For example, they re-named a section of road in town in what was clearly a pre- election publicity stunt, given the timing.

So I was out there in my white shirt, hat, etc....standing at the back of the crowd, cell phone up to one ear, radio earbud in the other, looking entirely too busy running things to be involved in standing around like some politician's trophy cop.

Few people do passive-aggressive better than me.

They're a bunch of fatass, no-balls, never-did-anything-remotely-resembling-real-police-work, ass kissers who dream of retiring to Thailand and an unlimited supply of 11 year old boys.

You failed to work "barely literate misogynist, racist homophobic formerly roided-out thug-bully" in there, so therefore this only gets a 7.

ateamer
10-23-2011, 13:04
So I was out there in my white shirt, hat, etc....standing at the back of the crowd, cell phone up to one ear, radio earbud in the other, looking entirely too busy running things to be involved in standing around like some politician's trophy cop.

Few people do passive-aggressive better than me.

:thumbsup: And you got the satisfaction of knowing that you outsmarted them.

RocPO
10-23-2011, 15:36

My nose now burns from Sprite being shot out of it. Thanks for that.
:tongueout:

Ajon412
10-23-2011, 16:42

:laughabove:....This has to be, by far, the BEST definition of a "Photo-Op Cop" I've seen in a long time. I commend you, Sir.....:thumbsup: