Man who set fire to house, stabbed police officer "good son" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Man who set fire to house, stabbed police officer "good son"

Kadetklapp
10-21-2011, 14:43
http://www.jconline.com/article/20111021/NEWS03/110210328/Stabbed-officer-healing-home-slain-suspect-called-good-son-

Lafayette is the closest liberal stronghold there is to me. The LPD is rarely allowed to even pursue suspects so this started out pretty heavy-duty from the beginning. This area has seen a big uptick in violence in the last ten years.

Ajon412
10-21-2011, 15:51
If you attack and stab a copper in the face with a knife after leading the Police on a chase, you're gonna get shot.....I really don't see the surprise ending with this one....There is only ONE person to blame for this and it's the dead perp......:dunno:

Morris
10-21-2011, 16:12
They are always "a good son" or "a good daughter." I'd be surprised if a family member said something contrary to that tired old response.

Patchman
10-21-2011, 17:37
http://www.jconline.com/article/20111021/NEWS03/110210328/Stabbed-officer-healing-home-slain-suspect-called-good-son-

Lafayette is the closest liberal stronghold there is to me. The LPD is rarely allowed to even pursue suspects so this started out pretty heavy-duty from the beginning. This area has seen a big uptick in violence in the last ten years.

Big uptick in violent crime in the last ten (10) years when in that same time period the rest of America has seen crimes drop like a rock?

Gee, you think it has something to do with tying the hands of their LE?

And in this case I have to wonder if the LEO who was stabbed hesitated to use appropriate force because of past experiences (his own or co-workers) with the "liberal community."

merlynusn
10-22-2011, 09:58
Big uptick in violent crime in the last ten (10) years when in that same time period the rest of America has seen crimes drop like a rock?

Gee, you think it has something to do with tying the hands of their LE?

And in this case I have to wonder if the LEO who was stabbed hesitated to use appropriate force because of past experiences (his own or co-workers) with the "liberal community."

I'd imagine so. My question is why was he in the car? Unless the article is wrong about that. But anyone approaching with a knife in his hand is going to get shot. I'm certainly not going to wait until he stabs me. Or at least I hope I wouldn't.

steveksux
10-22-2011, 17:18
Well, to be fair, her kid set his own house on fire, not hers, and stabbed someone outside his immediate family.

When you have a son like that, you take your victories where you can find them... :whistling:

But seriously, glad the officer is going to be ok, there's lot worse places to be stabbed... knives are no joke even in a gunfight if he's close enough.

Randy

Spydermonkey
10-22-2011, 17:19
My baby didn't do nuffin'!

Pro 2A
10-22-2011, 17:33
The total lack of support from the higher ups in the dept., the entire city council and the majority of the outspoken public as well as the repeated public crucifixion of officers involved in clearly justified use of force cases is one of the many reasons I left the force. I'm willing to be the sheepdog and risk my life if the case warrants it, but the thought of being raked over the coals within the dept and within the media for a completely justified use of force really put me off.

Not only would the officer get completely screw-ed, but the city would pay off the "victim" with large amounts of money and justify it by saying a trial would be more costly.

rhikdavis
10-22-2011, 18:05
Pillar of the community!!

Angry Fist
10-22-2011, 18:08
Good son? Well of course he was!

:faint:

Kadetklapp
11-21-2011, 06:47
And here is the video-
http://www.jconline.com/article/20111118/NEWS03/111180323/Emotions-raw-during-after-police-action-shooting?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
Talk about pucker factor!

TexasFats
11-21-2011, 12:21
It's always the same, and even a civilian like me can see it. Quote: "He was a good man. Every time he was in the joint, why, he taught Sunday School in the prison chapel. And, he was just turning his life around. This time, he made it for a whole two weeks on parole before committing a major felony. Why did they have to kill my baby?"

How many times have I heard that litany on TV? Every time some dirtbag gets shot by police here in Austin, the relatives come on TV and say the same thing. Then, the City of Austin government pays them a big sum of money, and the officer who shot them gets hung out to dry for something, even if it is as technical as forgetting to turn on his dash camera.

MeefZah
11-21-2011, 14:51
He's a good son NOW.

Morris
11-21-2011, 17:28
During the next 10 minutes, as they waited for medical responders to arrive, Spencer can be heard screaming profanities at the officers. The officers, too, retorted with profanity at times.

"Y'all (expletive) ain't killing me like this! (Expletive) you, whore," Spencer said, grunting in pain.

When he called one officer "stupid (expletive)," the officer replied, "(Expletive) you. You should be dead."

Later, he's heard chuckling and says, "I can still talk. I can still talk."

Fisher rolled Spencer on his side so that he could breathe.

The rookie officer is heard on camera telling someone that he fired two gunshots and that Webb fired multiple times.

While being led away on a stretcher, Spencer again commented, "You (expletive) police."

Wow. I mean, just, wow . . . but then again, good retort by the officer.

glockbob
11-21-2011, 18:03

"Police said Spencer got out of his car, walked toward Dombkowski and stabbed him in the left side of his face. This prompted Webb and Fisher to open fire. The shooting occurred about 5:05 a.m. Wednesday."

Did this reporter watch the video??

fran m
11-21-2011, 18:30
Well, he did walk but it was really, really fast,kinda like running.

The family should be apologizing to the police on their sons behalf..

Death had to be what this guy wanted.