Thoughts on Missing MO. Baby [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Missing MO. Baby

G_34
10-21-2011, 22:40
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/19/3218089/16-days-in-the-lisa-irwin-case.html

Anyone have thoughts on this case? Baby Lisa Irwin missing for almost 17 days...no substantial leads on the case, no ransom notes, nothing. What says you?

Hack
10-22-2011, 09:17
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/19/3218089/16-days-in-the-lisa-irwin-case.html

Anyone have thoughts on this case? Baby Lisa Irwin missing for almost 17 days...no substantial leads on the case, no ransom notes, nothing. What says you?

One of the most recent developments reported in the local media is that of a witness who reported having seen a man carrying a baby in the area, just prior to the time we had heard about it initially in the news. The witness just thought it odd that the baby was under dressed for the weather, but thought nothing more about it, until something clicked in the witness's brain a couple of weeks later that whom she saw might have been the person's concerned with. They have literally turned the place inside out, and it has been reported that cadaver dogs have found a sent.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/21/witnesses-report-seeing-man-carry-baby-resembling-missing-10-month-old-lisa/?test=latestnews?test=latestnews

Personal opinion, something was going bad within the household, but it is only opinion. We will see the outcome of things later.

Unistat
10-22-2011, 10:27
Well, mom now admits to being blackout drunk and asleep four hours earlier than what she originally told the cops.

Reason she lied: "I was afraid the police would waste time investigating me instead looking for the real kidnappers." More like you were afraid you would get in trouble for child neglect.

Well lady, you pretty much guaranteed that when you lied.

I agree with Hack, something will come out and show that the family has a hand in it somehow.

Edit: Not a cop, just a cynic.

Kadetklapp
10-22-2011, 11:12
Sold the kid for dope.

G_34
10-22-2011, 11:24
One of the most recent developments reported in the local media is that of a witness who reported having seen a man carrying a baby in the area, just prior to the time we had heard about it initially in the news. The witness just thought it odd that the baby was under dressed for the weather, but thought nothing more about it, until something clicked in the witness's brain a couple of weeks later that whom she saw might have been the person's concerned with. They have literally turned the place inside out, and it has been reported that cadaver dogs have found a sent.

Personal opinion, something was going bad within the household, but it is only opinion. We will see the outcome of things later.

I dont know how much of the man carrying a baby in the area that night story that I believe. If you really saw that you would have reported it as soon as you heard the baby was missing. Not 16 days later. I would understand on day 2 or 3...if you hadn't heard the news....but over 2 weeks later....seems like they are trying to get a little ray of the spotlight now.

The cadaver dog hit in the house is interesting. They aren't saying a whole lot more about that on the news....but those only hit on the scent of DEAD bodies.....hmmmmmmmm.

I'm with Hack on this'un....somethings fishy in KC....specifically that household....alot of stuff not panning out with stories provided.....when they are cooperating with police

steveksux
10-22-2011, 18:37
Well, mom now admits to being blackout drunk and asleep four hours earlier than what she originally told the cops.

Reason she lied: "I was afraid the police would waste time investigating me instead looking for the real kidnappers." More like you were afraid you would get in trouble for child neglect.

Well lady, you pretty much guaranteed that when you lied.

I agree with Hack, something will come out and show that the family has a hand in it somehow.

Edit: Not a cop, just a psychic.Fixed it for ya.... I think you hit that nail squarely on the head.

Randy

High Caliber
10-22-2011, 18:41
It's gonna be another Casey Anthony all over again. :(

Wil Ufgood
10-22-2011, 19:22
It's gonna be another Casey Anthony all over again. :(

Yep, damn shame :crying:

G_34
10-22-2011, 20:46
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/21/3222111/case-offers-eerie-parallels.html#storylink=omni_popular

Interesting theory/twist in the case relating a similar case which happened on Fort Bragg....where these parents were stationed during the time. Could this be a "copy cat" story? :dunno:

scottydl
10-23-2011, 15:37
Family involved. All kidnapping / missing children stats show this is nearly always the case.

PawDog
10-23-2011, 18:51
The baby's dead, no doubt the mother more than likely killed her during her drunken stupor.

Unistat
10-23-2011, 18:51
Family involved. All kidnapping / missing children stats show this is nearly always the case.

Yep, Elizabeth Smart is the only one I can think of off the top of my head where the family was innocent. I guess Jon Benee too, if you want to be technical about it.

scottydl
10-23-2011, 19:50
Yep, Elizabeth Smart is the only one I can think of off the top of my head where the family was innocent. I guess Jon Benee too, if you want to be technical about it.

And those dynamic "Hollywood material" cases are the only ones that make the news. You never hear about the majority of kids' cases nationwide. This thread is a good example... I hadn't heard a single word about this case in IL (not THAT far from KS City) until I read it here. Some get picked up by the mass media because of their sensationalism, i.e. Casey Anthony, but otherwise it's just another day for local LEO's.

G_34
10-23-2011, 19:57
And those dynamic "Hollywood material" cases are the only ones that make the news. You never hear about the majority of kids' cases nationwide. This thread is a good example... I hadn't heard a single word about this case in IL (not THAT far from KS City) until I read it here. Some get picked up by the mass media because of their sensationalism, i.e. Casey Anthony, but otherwise it's just another day for local LEO's.

It has been in National news...but not nearly as much as it should be...especially after this many days....this child, if still alive, could be anywhere in the country...or out for that matter.

Unistat
10-23-2011, 20:00

You aren't kidding. My wife is a social worker here in Detroit. If one of her kids go missing it's a shrug of the shoulders and an "I guess she's with her boyfriend" or a "he must be running the streets" from the authorities and even the families sometimes.

To be fair, most of the time that is what is going on, but not every time.

White kid in the 'burbs goes missing it's national news. Black kid in the ghetto is missing it's just another day.

MeefZah
10-23-2011, 21:03
Barring a situation like a hospital nursery abduction, I don't think I've ever heard of a missing baby that wasn't later found dead, killed by the mother / father or some other live-in family member.

G_34
10-23-2011, 21:32
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/23/3225072/police-run-down-leads-in-lisa.html

Chasing a lead now about an unknown man, seen carrying a baby in the area...around that time...supposedly they have security cam footage of the guy.....we'll see how this theory pans out

collim1
10-24-2011, 04:20
The baby's dead, no doubt the mother more than likely killed her during her drunken stupor.

I agree.:steamed:

Brucev
10-24-2011, 07:40
Very bad business. Media circus for the networks... just another day in the 30 minute news cycle. For the mother and father... extreme suspicion. Recognize the trauma for them. If they are innocent... really awful. Problem is... any reasonable man would suspect the mother... or at least someone associated with the mother. Dog hitting on scent is a good sign. Hopefully the baby will be found. But it doesn't look like the baby can be expected to be found alive. Very much feel sorry for the officers, etc. who have to deal with this business.

G_34
10-25-2011, 21:52
http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=117347751

Link to video from surveillance at a gas station about 1 mile from the home. They are speculating that the person is the "man seen carrying a baby at 4am". Looks too blurry to tell if you ask me...but its the theory they are working on now. I think most of you have come to the same conclusion as the rest of us as to the whereabouts of baby Lisa. :whistling:

Hack
10-25-2011, 23:34
http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=117347751

Link to video from surveillance at a gas station about 1 mile from the home. They are speculating that the person is the "man seen carrying a baby at 4am". Looks too blurry to tell if you ask me...but its the theory they are working on now. I think most of you have come to the same conclusion as the rest of us as to the whereabouts of baby Lisa. :whistling:

Yeah, it's not looking good.