Help CCDW Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help CCDW Question

Scaredu
10-23-2011, 00:17
Didn't know where else to post this..but I applied for my ccdw permit back in june. I live in Delaware.. I didn't have plans to at the time but I recently bought a house in Pa..I don't make settlement until November tho. Today I finally received my Delaware ccdw permit...so what should be my next step. I want to continue to carry in Delaware and then I want to carry in PA as well... do I have to notify or register with anyone im bringing a gun to Pa? Do I have to return my delaware ccdw? Im just little lost..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ronin.45
10-23-2011, 05:44
You should be able to apply for a non-resident permit in PA until you actually move. They issue them with a copy of your drivers license and carry license from your state.

ScottieG59
10-23-2011, 18:55
The only opinion that will impact you is that of the state attorney general. Check with the destination state and any state you plan to stop in. The federal law may permit you to travel, but some areas of the US push prosecutions as far as they can. If you had time, you may be able to get a non-resident Florida permit, which will cover PA. But, you will have to see if PA will accept a non-resident permit once you are a PA resident. For example, if I lived in another state, I could use my Florida non-resident permit in Kansas, however, since I live in Kansas, that Florida non-resident permit will not cover me in Kansas. Still, it allows me to carry concealed in PA.

Check the actual law as presented by the attorney general of PA. Also, be aware of issues you will have during the move. Finally, realize, some states are not consistent throughout the state.

Also, check if there is reciprocity between the two states that will cover the move. And, again, check with the attorney general of the state. Police may not be fully aware of the law.

Scaredu
10-23-2011, 22:00
Thank u

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk