Ghost Rocket and trigger safety [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Rocket and trigger safety

G30newbee
10-23-2011, 10:16
I put a Ghost Rocket connector and spring kit in my G17 last night. This is not the first one I've done, and it went in OK, no post travel to speak of, but when I finished, the trigger safety would not reliably engage. If I pulled the trigger back to check the pre travel , the trigger would not move forward enough to let the trigger safety engage. Needless to say, the stock connector is back in, but with the Ghost spring kit. It works fine with that setup. I couldn't find any binding, but something is keeping the trigger from returning to its full forward position. Any ideas?

Pro-Pain
10-26-2011, 00:11
Did you change the trigger spring itself? In Glocks, there is a trigger spring that is pulling the trigger rearwards, and in the competition kits the rearward trigger spring is "extra power" so pulling of the trigger back to a firing position is easier.

Maybe with the trigger spring and lightened connector the trigger pull is "too light," thereby not resetting the trigger effectively..

If you pull the trigger back to check pre-travel, the spring may hold the trigger back, waiting to break. Can you check pre-travel, then manually puch the trigger forward? The trigger safety should come down and rest on frame on rear of gun, maybe the safety isn't able to catch because it's above that "catch point"?