Value of LCT in current condition.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Value of LCT in current condition..

Fwdftw
10-23-2011, 14:58
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Rizey/IMAG0302.jpg

minus 45acp dies id keep them as im considering upgrading to a 550 :wavey:

press has maybe.. 1500 rds reloaded on it in excellent condition

WiskyT
10-23-2011, 15:59
If you can afford it, I would hang on to it. It's awful nice to just swivel your chair 90* to change calibers.

Tpro
10-23-2011, 16:33
You are not upgrading going to a 550. Keep the LCT. Or get a 650. But skip the 550. Waste opf time and money.

Why are you giving up on the LCT? You just started with it didn't you?

Fwdftw
10-23-2011, 16:37
You are not upgrading going to a 550. Keep the LCT. Or get a 650. But skip the 550. Waste opf time and money.

I'm not giving up on it ..just wanting to go faster I don't plan on a casefeeder so that's why I was thinking 550

Tpro
10-23-2011, 17:03
I'm not giving up on it ..just wanting to go faster I don't plan on a casefeeder so that's why I was thinking 550

In a year (or less) you will want a 650. May as well get it now.

Why the aversion to a casefeeder? Why not do as few functions as possible?

That is why I picked the LnL AP (among other reasons). I will eventually have a case and bullet feeder.

Colorado4Wheel
10-23-2011, 17:13

Considering it's the most popular press around and you have never owned one those are pretty bold statements.

XDRoX
10-23-2011, 17:32

:rofl:

Is this suppose to be a joke?

Fwdftw, I have both on my bench right now and the 550b is an upgrade from the LCT. To say it's not is just silly. It can produce at least twice as many rounds an hour.

10mmbob
10-23-2011, 17:42
Bold statement indeed! I've owned my rockchucker for 30 yrs.I've owned my 550 for 20yrs. Never even thought of getting rid of the RCBS. Never wanted to upgrade to a 650, the 550 does everything I wanted. Granted I don't shoot competition, but If I wanted to or had to shoot 1000 rds. a month, my 550 is more than capable of keeping up. the caliber conv. are cheaper and simpler. The LCT will serve you well, in addition to a 550.

Fwdftw
10-23-2011, 17:44
Idk i think a 550 is a upgrade

Colorado4Wheel
10-23-2011, 17:46
:rofl:

Is this suppose to be a joke?

Fwdftw, I have both on my bench right now and the 550b is an upgrade from the LCT. To say it's not is just silly. It can produce at least twice as many rounds an hour.

I didn't notice that he said the 550 wasn't a upgrade from the LCT. Thats just freaking crazy. Shows he doesn't know the LCT and 550 very well at all.

Tpro
10-23-2011, 18:04
I didn't notice that he said the 550 wasn't a upgrade from the LCT. Thats just freaking crazy. Shows he doesn't know the LCT and 550 very well at all.

Is it all about rounds per hour? What about features? You manually index a 550. 4 Stations (get that with the LCT). No case feeder on either.

If he wants more output why waste time on a 550? I KNEW all the guys who bought the 550 would chime in.

Steve you must be kidding right? You think he should buy the 550 over the 650? Rediculous. If he took the money he spent on the LCT, and added it to the 550, he would have the same amount if he bought the 650 WITH the casefeeder.

This happens WAY too often. Guys come here and get bull****ted on what to buy, and less than 6 MONTHS they are spending money AGAIN.

OP, buy what you want. IDGAS what you buy. If you like buying things several times over to get what you want, then get the 550. I have NO DOUBT that in 1 year (or less) you will want to upgrade AGAIN (if you are honest about it). You have already bought the wrong tool once. Why would you do it again?

Just so I am clear: you may load more rounds per hour with the 550 over the LCT (damn sure you will) but you will do more work. There is NO REASON to buy the 550.

That is exactly why I didn't buy one. Over priced. Under featured. you can spend the same (or a little more) and get better. I didn't need to get screwed by buying a 550 to not recommend it.

I stand by my original post.

WiskyT
10-23-2011, 18:11
I'm not in the market for a new press, but if I was, the 550 would be one of my last choices. The SDB does everything the 550 does with less effort. Yeah I know, we all need to load 300 H&H on a progressive for our three gun matches and you can't do that on a SDB, seriously, for the price and what a progressive is used for 99% of the time, the SDB if you can afford it, or the Pro1000 if you are short on funds and have some apptitude, are the way to go.

DoctaGlockta
10-23-2011, 18:14
I've never really understood the 550 upgrade purchase from a SS or something like a LCT. If you want to make more ammo more efficiently you really need a progressive IMO. And if you are going to pay the premium to go Dillon then just save a few extra bucks for the 650.

Colorado4Wheel
10-23-2011, 18:18
Is it all about rounds per hour? What about features? You manually index a 550. 4 Stations (get that with the LCT). No case feeder on either.

It's all about auto indexing to you. You just can't get past it.

Steve you must be kidding right? You think he should buy the 550 over the 650? Rediculous. If he took the money he spent on the LCT, and added it to the 550, he would have the same amount if he bought the 650 WITH the casefeeder.

He should keep the LCT and buy a 550 if that is what he wants. It's about what he wants. BUT, I WOULD KEEP THE LCT. I made a huge mistake selling my first LCT when I bought my 550. KEEP the LCT is my advice.

Just so I am clear: you may load more rounds per hour with the 550 over the LCT (damn sure you will) but you will do more work. There is NO REASON to buy the 550.

So not true. One pull of the handle vs 4 pulls of the handle. It's not even close to the same.

That is exactly why I didn't buy one. Over priced. Under featured. you can spend the same (or a little more) and get better. I didn't need to get screwed by buying a 550 to not recommend it.

I stand by my original post.

You didn't buy one because your sold on auto indexing only. Your a new reloader, never really tried a bunch of stuff, and your dogmatically sticking to the thing that convinced you to buy the LnL because you were to "thrifty" to buy a 650. Just look at all the people who chimed in who have owned a 550 for 20 years and say "it's a great press, it's as much of a press as most people need".

Your just not experienced enough to really know. 550 is a marvel of simplicity and speed. It's super easy to load 100 rds in 10 mins and I was able to crank out 100 rds in 8 mins when I was motivated. 550 is not perfect. It's not for everyone. But it's not what your trying to say it is.

dr_hefley
10-23-2011, 18:31
Wish I'd known you might be parting with your LCT. I just bought one last week from Kempf. No more than I shoot the LCT should suit me fine for years to come.

Tpro
10-23-2011, 19:26
It's all about auto indexing to you. You just can't get past it.

He should keep the LCT and buy a 550 if that is what he wants. It's about what he wants. BUT, I WOULD KEEP THE LCT. I made a huge mistake selling my first LCT when I bought my 550. KEEP the LCT is my advice.

So not true. One pull of the handle vs 4 pulls of the handle. It's not even close to the same.

You didn't buy one because your sold on auto indexing only. Your a new reloader, never really tried a bunch of stuff, and your dogmatically sticking to the thing that convinced you to buy the LnL because you were to "thrifty" to buy a 650. Just look at all the people who chimed in who have owned a 550 for 20 years and say "it's a great press, it's as much of a press as most people need".

Your just not experienced enough to really know. 550 is a marvel of simplicity and speed. It's super easy to load 100 rds in 10 mins and I was able to crank out 100 rds in 8 mins when I was motivated. 550 is not perfect. It's not for everyone. But it's not what your trying to say it is.

I've already posted why I didn't buy a Dillon of any size. What do you know about my experience? You know nothing of it.

Most guys buy the 550 and have NOTHING to compare that to. I used the LnL AP and the 650 BEFORE I bought. I checked with someone who I knew I could trust. Not some keyboard jockey repeating what he was told.

The OP can do what he wants. He posted a question on a forum and I gave my opinion. As usual, the argument lover you are, just couldn't respect some one's opinion that differs from yours.

The LCT is good for what it is. If the OP needs more, why screw with the 550? Oh yead, because Steve says it's great. Obviously he should have started with something different. How many times has/will this come up? And the guys spend more than they would had they bought what they needed in the first place.

FWIW, you have no idea of my finances. It's stupid of you to publically call me "thrifty" when you don't have a clue as to who I am, or how much money I have to invest in tools. I didn't buy the LnL AP to be "thrifty". Once again, you are shooting off at the mouth without having a clue.

Once again to the OP...sell the LCT, buy a 650. Get the case feeder. Or better yet, think outside the bun and buy the LnL AP. That would piss off everyone.

Once again, Steve has turned this into a red vs. blue thread. See above.

Colorado4Wheel
10-23-2011, 19:47
I've already posted why I didn't buy a Dillon of any size. What do you know about my experience? You know nothing of it.

Your a new loader by your own admission. You have not owned a 550/650 or LCT to my knowledge. Going and pulling the handle on the machine is not the same as owning one. I mention your getting the LnL over the 650 because I thought I remember you saying the Dillon's are just to over priced for you. Some of the thriftiest people I know have plenty of money. Thrift and having money are are often inversely correlated. Money is almost always a issue when people debate buying these things. 550 is cheaper, it works pretty darn good, it's plenty fast as well. Your the one who jumped on him for choosing a press you don't find worthy. Your the first to mention the LnL as well.

I'm out.

shotgunred
10-23-2011, 19:48
I have owned all three and still own two of them. For 90% or more of reloaders the 550 is all you will ever need. I for one wish I hadn't sold my 550.
Yes the 650 is faster. But when you are running at almost full speed you can still keep track of everything on the 550. Not true (at least for me ) on the 650. Not to mention that the 550 was capable of making more ammo than I needed on it already. The last year I owned one I made a little more than 16K pistol bullets and 4K 223.

Tpro
10-23-2011, 21:20
Your a new loader by your own admission. You have not owned a 550/650 or LCT to my knowledge. Going and pulling the handle on the machine is not the same as owning one. I mention your getting the LnL over the 650 because I thought I remember you saying the Dillon's are just to over priced for you. Some of the thriftiest people I know have plenty of money. Thrift and having money are are often inversely correlated. Money is almost always a issue when people debate buying these things. 550 is cheaper, it works pretty darn good, it's plenty fast as well. Your the one who jumped on him for choosing a press you don't find worthy. Your the first to mention the LnL as well.

I'm out.

I mention your getting the LnL over the 650 because I thought I remember you saying the Dillon's are just to over priced for you.

I never said any such thing.

You have not owned a 550/650 or LCT to my knowledge.

Once again, you have no idea what I do all day, or who I deal with. Nor am I required to tell you.

Thrift and having money are are often inversely correlated.

Absolutely. The OP is doing exactly this. And I spend much of my week dealing with crap just like this. Fixing someone's error of an incorrect purchase, wrong application etc. They just keep pissing away money. Exactly my point here.

Money is almost always a issue when people debate buying these things. 550 is cheaper, it works pretty darn good, it's plenty fast as well.

If economy is all that counts, why not the SDB. Does he reload rifle? If not the SDB would work. But no one is saying that.

Your the one who jumped on him for choosing a press you don't find worthy.

You make so many assumptions it's stupid. I didn't say the LCT wasn't a worthy press. In the last 3 months I have sold 4 LCT's (I actually sent them to Kempf's) rather than sell them one of the LnL AP's I have on the shelf, because they just didn't need it. Once again, you are talking out of your hat. I didn't jump on him. I questioned him because IIRC he hasn't had the press for more than 6 months (if that). Now he wants to sell it to recoup some of his money. I agree. Sell it. He can get another one later. I have seen this scenario so many times I can't count it. As I posted before, I sold an LnL AP to a guy who followed all the online gurus and bought the 550. He sent the 550 back. His LnL AP seats primers.

Your a new loader by your own admission.

So what? Again, you have no idea what I do all day, what I get paid for. What you don't like is someone who you think should lick your boots because you are the reloading gawd and I won't do it. Your opinions are just that. Your experience means nothing to me. And when I have tried to get some "knowledge of your experience", you don't have the time to type out a reply. But you have time to post 40 times a day. In reality you didn't have an answer.

Your the first to mention the LnL as well.

Wrong again. YOU did. You would argue with a sign post if it would talk back. I almost NEVER EVER tell anyone to look at the LnL AP on GT. I sell enough a month I don't need to worry about it. YOU brought it up first.

I'm out.

I hope so. I'm supposed to be on your "list", but you just love to start crap. This proves it.

F106 Fan
10-23-2011, 21:20
The LCT press, by itself, sells for about $85 while the full kit sells for a little less than $200. Used, probably half of those numbers.

OTOH, you might do a little better; I didn't see any used LCTs on eBay. Overpriced new ones abound!

Keeping the dies may be interesting but I personally prefer the Dillon dies. I have many sets of RCBS dies but lately I have just been using the Dillon's. I like the features of the decapping and bullet seating dies.

I can also make a good case for the Redding Competition Seating Die and the Lee sizing die. I had thought that not having the radius on the open end of the sizing die like the Dillon might be a problem. So far, so good. As to the seating die, I like the features of the Dillon but having a micrometer adjustment is a pretty nice feature. I use the Redding competition dies for reloading my Savage F-Class 6.5x284 Norma. Magnificent dies!

The 550 vs 650 debate will go on forever. It really is a price versus performance issue. If I didn't have 550s, I would be looking at 650s. But when I had the chance, I bought the 1050 for 45 ACP. I WILL be buying another 1050 for 9mm.

Or, maybe there are side issues. I have a grandson who is becoming quite a good shooter. Maybe he will inherit all my stuff and he might as well have the best there is. Of course, I get to use it first!

Richard

Colorado4Wheel
10-23-2011, 21:43
Your the first to mention the LnL as well.

Wrong again. YOU did. You would argue with a sign post if it would talk back. I almost NEVER EVER tell anyone to look at the LnL AP on GT. I sell enough a month I don't need to worry about it. YOU brought it up first.

Post #5, 10 mins before I said anything.

In a year (or less) you will want a 650. May as well get it now.

Why the aversion to a casefeeder? Why not do as few functions as possible?

That is why I picked the LnL AP (among other reasons). I will eventually have a case and bullet feeder.

F106 Fan
10-23-2011, 22:06
Guys,

I'm new here so I don't know all the rules. Why not mention the Hornady AP LnL's? I don't have one and have never actually touched one but I have seen a bunch of videos and photos and I would certainly be willing to consider them if I didn't already have Dillon presses.

I already have 3 Hornady 366 Auto shotgun loaders that I like. They don't get much use after I bought a couple of Ponsness-Warren reloaders but there was nothing wrong with them.

Is there an issue with the LnL's? If there is something about the product that I should know, please, let's discuss it. It certainly looks like a decent press.

I haven't reviewed, in depth, the features of the LnL's versus the Dillon's but they seem to do the same kinds of things.

Richard

Tpro
10-23-2011, 23:32
Post #5, 10 mins before I said anything.

I didn't TELL him to buy an LnL AP. Never said it. I pointed out to him why I did it. Seems like your pissed I didn't get your permission to buy what I wanted before I bought. Should have asked you.

Again, I didn't tell HIM to buy an LnL AP. I said not to buy the over priced, under featured 550. I still stand by that. I know that in your infinite wisdom you think auto indexing is not a big deal. But to me, and thousands of others (who are wrong, stupid and ignorant in your world) think it IS a big deal. The less the operator needs to do (should be pull the handle and verify powder charge) the less POTENTIAL there is for errors. Pretty simple. I looked at the 550 pretty hard. Not as much as the RCBS P2K (again, the engineers were much more forthcoming than Dillon were) and others, but the 4 stations, floppy tool head system, manual indexing, no real option for a case feeder ALL influenced my decision (among other things) in what I purchased. The OP should study the same.

One more time: I did not tell the OP to buy the LnL AP. In fact, if he came to me to buy one I would not sell it to him. Unless in a long, personal conversation he could convince me that he is not influenced by internet phobia, innuendo, myth, propaganda, nonsense and outright lies.

But Steve, we all know that your experience is the only one that counts. If it works for you, it must be right for everyone. If it didn't work for you, it is junk, not your fault, piss poor engineering, sad manufacturing, all that.

The OP should keep the LCT, buy a 550, then in 6 months buy a 650. Then is a year he can get a 1050, plus a single stage, so he has any possible tool he could need. After that, he can just start buying 550's and 650's per calibur. Yeah, that makes sense if you are in the press business. but not real smart in the real world. The OP should have bought a progressive to start with, and this thread would never have started. I hope others who are ready to start reloading read these threads and stop and count how many rounds a month they will load, at least double it and THEN pick a press. And also include how much effort they want to use to make a round of ammo. If one guy doesn't buy the wrong tool (for HIS application) then I will be happy.

But it's not what your trying to say it is.

It IS exactly what I say it is. Over priced. Under featured. More operator effort to use. EXACTLY.

Tpro
10-23-2011, 23:37
Guys,

I'm new here so I don't know all the rules. Why not mention the Hornady AP LnL's? I don't have one and have never actually touched one but I have seen a bunch of videos and photos and I would certainly be willing to consider them if I didn't already have Dillon presses.

I already have 3 Hornady 366 Auto shotgun loaders that I like. They don't get much use after I bought a couple of Ponsness-Warren reloaders but there was nothing wrong with them.

Is there an issue with the LnL's? If there is something about the product that I should know, please, let's discuss it. It certainly looks like a decent press.

I haven't reviewed, in depth, the features of the LnL's versus the Dillon's but they seem to do the same kinds of things.

Richard

Never EVER mention Hornady LnL AP's here. They are junk. They don't work. Don't bother to discuss it. The jury is back and a death sentence pronounced against it. Leave it at that.

El_Ron1
10-24-2011, 00:16
http://i41.tinypic.com/98x4ja.gif

http://i52.tinypic.com/x0zpqx.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-t2aurzjNBU4/TbHVglIGRKI/AAAAAAAABco/qGVchGoGYoE/s1600/face%2Bpalm.jpg

http://theuniblog.evilspacerobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/QY2ZM.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bxOTwJGbLAA/TiPz3UGNKPI/AAAAAAAAAD4/ukfAU1Y9ZPM/s1600/HomerFacePalm.jpg

http://www.spontaneousderivation.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Facepalm_gorilla.jpg

Boxerglocker
10-24-2011, 00:25
OP get what you want, a 550 is definately an upgrade if your looking for speed over the LCT. I would take the advice in keeping the LCT though. It's a great turret and cheap option for alternate calibers you may wish to load down the line. The SDB is a good option for a single caliber machine if you can live with it's limitation I have owned two dedicated SDB's and it can produce 500 an hour once you get in tune with the machine. I would however never buy a SDB new, got both or mine used at a nett of about $250.
The 650 will produce a lots of ammo in little time but your initial investment is larger, though you get what you pay for 500 rounds in 30 minutes is the norm. I personally would not go the 650 route unless loading at least 2k a month minimum in a single caliber.

10mmbob
10-24-2011, 12:32
Buy whatever press you want. As I said in a previous post, my 550 has never left me wanting for an upgrade. I've never pulled the handle on a LnL so I can't comment, but I stand by my advice on keeping the LCT. If you ever want to shoot let's say a 45.70 and want to reload for it, are you really going to buy a caliber conv. for the 650, just to shoot a couple hundred rds. a year? I can't imagine not having a SS on my bench for a couple of odd calibers that don't require the production capabilities of a progressive.Best of luck

RustyFN
10-24-2011, 13:59
OP get what you want, a 550 is definately an upgrade if your looking for speed over the LCT. I would take the advice in keeping the LCT though. It's a great turret and cheap option for alternate calibers you may wish to load down the line. The SDB is a good option for a single caliber machine if you can live with it's limitation I have owned two dedicated SDB's and it can produce 500 an hour once you get in tune with the machine. I would however never buy a SDB new, got both or mine used at a nett of about $250.
The 650 will produce a lots of ammo in little time but your initial investment is larger, though you get what you pay for 500 rounds in 30 minutes is the norm. I personally would not go the 650 route unless loading at least 2k a month minimum in a single caliber.

I agree with Boxer. I upgraded fron a LCT to a 550. I kept the LCT and still use both presses. Anybody that says the 550 isn't an upgrade from the LCT doesn't have a clue.

RustyFN
10-24-2011, 14:00
Sorry double.

Tpro
10-24-2011, 14:52
I agree with Boxer. I upgraded fron a LCT to a 550. I kept the LCT and still use both presses. Anybody that says the 550 isn't an upgrade from the LCT doesn't have a clue.

Yup. I don't have a clue.

Rediculous. Anything that can be done on a LCT can be done on a 650. And some of what can be done on a 650 CAN'T be done on an LCT. Seems like some of you want to own more than you need, so you can say you have it. Good for you. He doesn't NEED both presses unless he WANTS both presses. And the OP was/is looking to sell the LCT. He should sell it and get the correct tool for HIM.

See how simple it is?

dkf
10-24-2011, 15:05
Hes going to take a bath selling the LCT setup he has. I would just keep the LCT and buy another press to crank out more rounds. The LCT will come in handy down the road. If not sell the LCT once your up and running with the new press. I used to sell things and buy a "better" replacement and kick myself for selling it in the future.

RustyFN
10-24-2011, 16:24
Yup. I don't have a clue.
Rediculous. Anything that can be done on a LCT can be done on a 650. And some of what can be done on a 650 CAN'T be done on an LCT. Seems like some of you want to own more than you need, so you can say you have it

To me it doesn't make sence to set up the lead hardness tester in a progressive. It works great in the clasic turret. It also doesn't make sence to change calibers on the progressive to just load a few rounds to try when you can change calibers on the LCT in under 1 minute. If you want to put a lead hardness tester on a progressive or change calibers and primer feeds to load 30 rounds, go for it. I'll hang onto my CT press.

WiskyT
10-24-2011, 18:26
To me it doesn't make sence to set up the lead hardness tester in a progressive. It works great in the clasic turret. It also doesn't make sence to change calibers on the progressive to just load a few rounds to try when you can change calibers on the LCT in under 1 minute. If you want to put a lead hardness tester on a progressive or change calibers and primer feeds to load 30 rounds, go for it. I'll hang onto my CT press.

If Jack finds out you're testing the hardness of each bullet as part of your progressive loading process, he's going to dis-own you.

RustyFN
10-24-2011, 18:29
If Jack finds out you're testing the hardness of each bullet as part of your progressive loading process, he's going to dis-own you.

I can trust you not to tell him right? :rofl:

GioaJack
10-24-2011, 18:36
I suppose you actually count the number of pixels on you TV screen every time you turn it on too.

You flatlanders never cease to amaze me.

Jack

Colorado4Wheel
10-24-2011, 18:40
Even though no one but Tpro wants him to sell it someone should give him a idea of what it is worth.

I would say for the setup that you bought from Kempfs. $125 with out the dies.

Breadman03
10-24-2011, 18:50
I have an LnL AP, but can only compare it with the Rockchucker supreme. I have about 800 rounds through it. I had to adjust the indexing pawls a little and I put a little grease on it. Everything works well so far, even though it's mounted on an abandoned kitchen table. I can say that the Hornady powder measure works better than the RCBS version. The RCBS measure doesn't have as tight of tolerances and powder can make it feel gritty.

vote Republican
10-24-2011, 19:30
http://i41.tinypic.com/98x4ja.gif

How the HELL can you do facepalms without Picard?

http://static.divbyzero.nl/facepalm/doublefacepalm.jpg

Not commenting on anyone's reloading presses, just making sure the Facepalms are done right. And everyone stays civil.

vote Republican
10-24-2011, 19:31
I mean, really. No Captain Picard?

El Ron, you fail

http://guyism.com/wp-content/uploads/picard-facepalm.jpg

WiskyT
10-24-2011, 19:34
I mean, really. No Captain Picard?

El Ron, you fail

http://guyism.com/wp-content/uploads/picard-facepalm.jpg

Double facepalm. It is you who fail sir!

http://themagicnegro.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/facepalm.jpg

WiskyT
10-24-2011, 19:39
This is for later as this thread progresses, actually regresses

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-87KclBYj8qQ/TXO19JVEloI/AAAAAAAADxU/Tbx7egjbvJU/triple+facepalm+poster.jpg

Fwdftw
10-24-2011, 20:58
hahaha ok ok ill keep it.. i might use it later on i reckon..

i do want to load .223 as well as .45 for the people suggesting the SDB

FLSlim
10-25-2011, 16:02
Keep 'em coming El_Ron1!

Of course everybody has an opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. The OP just needs to sort through those opinions and check out other resource information and take his best shot.

shotgunred
10-25-2011, 18:25
I personally loath lee turret presses. But I still have one attached to the far corner of my reloading bench. I use it as a bullet sizer and a primer swager.

Tpro
10-28-2011, 11:03
Even though no one but Tpro wants him to sell it someone should give him a idea of what it is worth.

I would say for the setup that you bought from Kempfs. $125 with out the dies.

Wow. I'm gone for a couple of days and this? Really?

He wanted to sell it. I don't know his financial situation. Maybe that $125.00 will help him get the tool he needed in the first place. IDK what he does. Sounds to me like he already did it wrong once, or why would he need another/different tool already?

Naturally, there are guys on here who buy 10 times the crap they need before they ever manufacture a round of ammunition. Obviously, they didn't watch Jack's utube vid.

Buy what you NEED once. You'll save in the long run. But the lawyers (all the professional arguers here) will continue to spew nonsense to justify what they did incorrectly.

Keep the LCT. Buy a SDB to load .45 ACP (because it's a great press to load pistol with). Get a 550 to load whatever you think you need next. Then get a 650 so you can load .223 (don't forget the case trimmer...that is a must have). Then you can order a 1050 when you start shooting 10mm. You'll burn through ammo like mad so you'll need a 1050 for that for sure. Don't forget a Rock Chucker (highly overpriced single stage press) so you can work up your loads. You'll need all the tooling that goes with this stuff.

And you should have all this stuff in the first 90 days of reloading if you want to do it right.

Sorry Jack for blatant ripoff of you video. I just couldn't resist:wavey:

dkf
10-28-2011, 11:55
Feel better now.:upeyes:

GioaJack
10-28-2011, 12:07
Wow. I'm gone for a couple of days and this? Really?
Obviously, they didn't watch Jack's utube vid.

And you should have all this stuff in the first 90 days of reloading if you want to do it right.

Sorry Jack for blatant ripoff of you video. I just couldn't resist:wavey:

I'll be checking the mail for my royalty check. :whistling:

Jack

Tpro
10-28-2011, 13:50
I'll be checking the mail for my royalty check. :whistling:

Jack

I'll have my butler hand deliver it to you. BTW, do you receive royalty checks even though your video is (apparently) mostly disregarded?:supergrin:

RustyFN
10-28-2011, 15:14
Buy what you NEED once. You'll save in the long run.

What if he did by to meet his needs the first time and his needs changed. Happens all the time. Are we not allowed to have our needs change? Do we have to buy ten times more than we need just in case some day we decide to stsrt shooting more? :whistling:

jhoagland
10-28-2011, 15:29
I just wanted to contribute as I can.
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb275/jkhoagland/posters/129095737977046362.jpg

jhoagland
10-28-2011, 15:34
I'll raise Picard and Number One with a Wharf
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb275/jkhoagland/GIFS/AwJeeze.gif

jhoagland
10-28-2011, 15:36
Is this a good time to bring up bullet swaging?
http://www.corbins.com/intro.htm

RustyFN
10-28-2011, 17:55
Is this a good time to bring up bullet swaging?
http://www.corbins.com/intro.htm

Only if you bought the right press to do it the first time around. :rofl:

Tpro
10-28-2011, 19:27
What if he did by to meet his needs the first time and his needs changed. Happens all the time. Are we not allowed to have our needs change? Do we have to buy ten times more than we need just in case some day we decide to stsrt shooting more? :whistling:

Did his need change in less than 6 months? Has his need to load that much more come about in such a short time? Or, did he get snookered into the wrong tool the FIRST time, by a bunch of ne'erdo well wisenheimers, who seem to think that all must start with a lesser tool, and aquire many more tools than they actually needed?

Here's one for you; The one who dies with the most tools wins NOTHING.

Needs change for sure. My issue has been (from even before I started reloading) getting the correct tool, from the start. Even Ray Charles can see this did not happen here. And this garbage goes on all too often. It seems like there are two kinds of people on this subject. Those who think that no one is capable of using a progressive as a first press without YEARS of using a lesser tool. And those who are jealous of those who can.

So to clear it up I'll ask you this. Did the OP's NEEDS change that rapidly? Or did he get bogus information from nefarious sources? Or, did he just bonehead the decision and buy the wrong tool?

IDK which one of the three it is. But maybe, just MAYBE, someone will read this thread and NOT make two of the three choices above. If the OP's needs changeds that rapidly there is not much to do buy move on.

And so no one will misunderstand me (although many here will twist what I say because that's what they live to do as professional arguers) I'm not "picking" on the OP. If someone else does not suffer his fate needlessly then this thread will not be worthless. It will be if people continue to buy the wrong tool for the job.

Ocean_glocker
10-28-2011, 20:33
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Rizey/IMAG0302.jpg

minus 45acp dies id keep them as im considering upgrading to a 550 :wavey:

press has maybe.. 1500 rds reloaded on it in excellent condition

Completely off topic but I have to know, I have that exact same computer desk. How does it fair as a reloading bench?

robinsok
10-28-2011, 20:49
Everyone please stop and fill one out..

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h299/robinsok171/HurtFeelingsReport.jpg

RustyFN
10-28-2011, 21:52
Or, did he get snookered into the wrong tool the FIRST time, by a bunch of ne'erdo well wisenheimers, who seem to think that all must start with a lesser tool, and aquire many more tools than they actually needed?

Dude you need to grow some thick skin.:panties:

Fwdftw
10-28-2011, 22:01
Completely off topic but I have to know, I have that exact same computer desk. How does it fair as a reloading bench?

lets just say it works.... not very well.. but not horribly

jhoagland
10-29-2011, 04:45
Only if you bought the right press to do it the first time around. :rofl:

:embarassed:

Ha, I know next to nothing about any of this other than what I've read. So far I've read nothing here on that subject and was curious as to why.

At some point I will jump in and start packing but, no way I can do it now. I hate it too.

Colorado4Wheel
10-29-2011, 08:21
lets just say it works.... not very well.. but not horribly

You may want to consider a better bench before you get another press. The bench matters.

Fwdftw
10-29-2011, 09:45
I know Steve ..been thinking about how I wanna attack this actually .