Why is there still a Sticky for Heretic? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why is there still a Sticky for Heretic?

Ramjet38
10-23-2011, 18:05
Why is there still a Sticky for Heretic?

Last post was July, 2009. Was he an atheist Saint?

I do remember him, and best wishes to his family, but come on...

If an old time Christian on this board dies does he get a Sticky too?? I have several suggestions in mind to enshrine.

:dunno:

Tilley
10-23-2011, 20:26
Why do you care?

He was a part of a group that would actually debate Christians and not disrespect us, unlike the way most of the lounge lizards here do.

I vote to leave it as a sticky. He was an atheist, and intelligent. I'm sure he knows now he was wrong about certain things...but I liked the guy.

We have a merciful God.

Kingarthurhk
10-24-2011, 00:33
It is a "virtual grave stone". If you other ones to put up, then do so.

alabaster
10-24-2011, 00:56
We have a merciful God.

Word. I agree, with the "Why do you care?" question too. As a Christian, I see many double standards in todays society that favor the secular people. Still, I think wanting to remove that JUST BECAUSE he wasn't Christian is sort of like calling the Catholics "Judgmental" for snubbing a pregnant teen and then refusing to go around them for being like that. It shows us being EXACTLY who we have contempt for.

Woofie
10-24-2011, 08:35
Word. I agree, with the "Why do you care?" question too. As a Christian, I see many double standards in todays society that favor the secular people. Still, I think wanting to remove that JUST BECAUSE he wasn't Christian is sort of like calling the Catholics "Judgmental" for snubbing a pregnant teen and then refusing to go around them for being like that. It shows us being EXACTLY who we have contempt for.

I've never noticed Catholics being any more judgemental towards a pregnant teen (and I've known quite a few) than any other group or religion.

To stay on topic, Ramjet seems bitter because because Heretic was an atheist. I think that is very telling about his character. I've never had any interaction with Heretic, but I see no issue in a memorial for him. Nor do I see any problem with a memorial for any other GTer who has died, regardless of religion or politics.

Ramjet38
10-24-2011, 16:53
Not bitter at all. I just don't see why a sticky for anyone that dies. It's a natural transition for all of us.

Is one more special than the other? I say not. If so then we need to sticky everyone's passing.

Ramjet38
10-24-2011, 16:54
Why do you care?

He was a part of a group that would actually debate Christians and not disrespect us, unlike the way most of the lounge lizards here do.

I vote to leave it as a sticky. He was an atheist, and intelligent. I'm sure he knows now he was wrong about certain things...but I liked the guy.

We have a merciful God.

Well there goes one of my nominations.

:rofl:

Ramjet38
10-24-2011, 16:56

Just because he was atheist??

Missed it.

Entirely.

Ramjet38
10-24-2011, 16:58
There are topics that may need sticky, but to do so to honor an individual is not.

Ramjet38
10-24-2011, 18:07
It is a "virtual grave stone". If you other ones to put up, then do so.

You haven't passed as of yet, and I hope you don't for a long, long time.

:supergrin:

lomfs24
10-25-2011, 12:33
I miss Heretic. Probably one of the more influential people on this board in my life in regards to spiritual issues. He started me down a path that I cannot turn away from now. I wish he was still around to let him know how much of a difference he has made in my life.

RIP Heretic!

Kingarthurhk
10-25-2011, 12:39
You haven't passed as of yet, and I hope you don't for a long, long time.

:supergrin:

I hope not either. But, thank you for your kindness.