Your views on this [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Your views on this

nood1es
10-23-2011, 22:20
Here in wisconsin they are allowing CCW, which takes effect Nov 1. A rule they have which is kind of ridiculous is prohibiting CCW permit holders the right to carry on college campuses, the same campus that is teaching a 6hr course on CCW. What's are your views on this?

mj9mm
10-23-2011, 22:32
Does anything the liberal Wisconsin schools do make any sense, look at who's running them:dunno:. right now they are more worried about their double dipping plans:tongueout:

TexasFats
10-24-2011, 11:09
A ban on carrying on campus is quite common. In Texas, there was an attempt to repeal the ban on campus carry that failed in the last legislature. The lies used to support the ban were utterly ridiculous.

For the record, in Texas, guns in campus parking lots, on sidewalks, etc, are legal. Just not in campus buildings. The law prohibits CHL holders from carrying in a "building or portion thereof" used for educational purposes.

NMPOPS
10-28-2011, 20:10
Very few states allow campus carry.

Sent from my Ally

Jerry
10-28-2011, 21:08
The ”MORONS” are worried that a CCW holder might hurt or kill some ONE but not afraid of the nut job that will kill a WHOLE BUNCH. Read my sig line.

TexasFats
10-31-2011, 13:50
The opponents of campus carry ignore the fact that some college campuses, due to being located near high-crime areas, are very dangerous places simply because criminals come there looking for easy, defenseless victims. I teach college and I don't worry about the occasional nutcase pulling a Virginia Tech as I do about the ordinary street goblin coming in to rob, rape, and, maybe, make sure that the victim is in no condition to testify against him.

Jerry
10-31-2011, 16:27
The opponents of campus carry ignore the fact that some college campuses, due to being located near high-crime areas, are very dangerous places simply because criminals come there looking for easy, defenseless victims. I teach college and I don't worry about the occasional nutcase pulling a Virginia Tech as I do about the ordinary street goblin coming in to rob, rape, and, maybe, make sure that the victim is in no condition to testify against him.

Very good point! :thumbsup:

NEOH212
10-31-2011, 22:11
It's ridiculous as is any restriction on concealed carry.

unit1069
11-01-2011, 08:37

I believe I read of a murder not long ago where the initial reports spread news of "another campus shooting". If I remember correctly a young man was murdered in either a dorm or apartment on campus but it turned out to be a home invasion-style crime perpetrated by a low-life who lived in the high-crime area adjacent to the campus.

This episode had a better ending, thank God. (http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/college-student-shoots-kills-home-invader/nD9XG/)