So, a con says to his new cellmate.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So, a con says to his new cellmate....

ronduke
10-24-2011, 02:53
So, a con says to his new cellmate, "what'cha in for?" The new con replies, "counterfeiting". The old con asks, "Counterfeiting $100 bills?" "No," says the new con, "counterfeiting maple syrup. I got 6 years for it."

I don't know about you, but folks I am going sleep much sounder tonight, just knowing that U.S. wants to enhance the manufacturing of fake maple syrup, from a misdemeanor, to a felony, punishable up to 6 years in the pen.

I wonder if fake maple syrup pushers who bring counterfeit maple syrup within 500 feet of a school or a playground, the Federal gov't will enhance the penalties even more? Another new offense, something like the "sale, manufacture or distribution of high fructose corn syrup in a 66% maple syrup zone." After all, "IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!!"

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/189087-senate-bill-would-make-syrup-fraud-a-felony

Bullman
10-24-2011, 04:22
Between this and the burger for a cop thread I have the uncontrollable urge to go home and watch SuperTroopers :supergrin:

Do they not have anything better to do up there Washington?

ronduke
10-24-2011, 04:54
"Do they not have anything better to do up there Washington?"
Since actions speak louder than words, apparently not.

Besides, since the FBI doesn't have enough to do, like pursue terror suspects plotting against our country, let's get them to go after those gangs of high fructose corn syrup pushers. In case you didn't know, a virual crime wave has inundated every street corner in rural Maine, VT and up state NY and left the streets awash in a sticky mess of fake maple syrup. The horror of it all. First we had to deal with the meth problem and now this!!

Rumor has it that the Russian mob may even be involved!

merlynusn
10-24-2011, 09:05
That is a very stupid law.

Almost as stupid as that Louisiana law about "secondhand dealers" .....

Hack
10-24-2011, 09:21
It's stupid. Anyone who knows anything about maple syrup producers know to go by others whom they know as to looking for a good product. That should stay at the state level anyway.

After seeing the list of senators behind it, I am not surprised one wit, and hope that the rest of the US Senate has more sense than to even consider it. They should table it and keep it in subcommittee.

PuroMexicano
10-24-2011, 11:12
Between this and the burger for a cop thread I have the uncontrollable urge to go home and watch SuperTroopers :supergrin:

:rofl::rofl: indeed

Hack
10-24-2011, 11:19

Do they not have anything better to do up there Washington?

So ... you like that scene where they are chugging down syrup?:supergrin:

Bullman
10-24-2011, 12:38
So ... you like that scene where they are chugging down syrup?:supergrin:

As a matter of fact. .....

When I quit my old job in Oklahoma to move to Virginia, on my last day, I walked in a convenience store, grabbed a bottle of something from the cooler walked to the middle of the floor near the check out and chugged it, then I yelled "I am all that is man". I then paid for said drink and left :supergrin:

Bobshouse
10-24-2011, 17:31
Sneaky sob's...this is just a cover bill for the real deal....toast'em waffles.

Vigilant
10-24-2011, 18:00
They need to go after the REAL criminals, like those BASTARDS who have the audacity to rip the label off a mattress. :upeyes:

dorkweed
10-24-2011, 19:56
And you coppers think I'm out of "my" mind.:tongueout: What about the ner'do wells that pass more inane laws for y'all to attempt to enforce that do nothing to keep folks safe, just occupy more of your work time for BS, feel good stuff!!!!!!!

Hack
10-24-2011, 21:05
As a matter of fact. .....

When I quit my old job in Oklahoma to move to Virginia, on my last day, I walked in a convenience store, grabbed a bottle of something from the cooler walked to the middle of the floor near the check out and chugged it, then I yelled "I am all that is man". I then paid for said drink and left :supergrin:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

MeefZah
10-25-2011, 07:24
They should give the fraudsters some sort of humanitarian award; saving generations from the scourge of diabetes trumps the illegal sale of a counterfeit sugary liquid.