Rifle scopes [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rifle scopes

EL COLONEL
10-25-2011, 14:55
Ok here I go again . Which scope is better , a leupold vx ll 3 x9 x 50 or a ziess conquest 3x9x40 . Which will be brighter or clearer at dusk and dawn ? Both are around $ 400.00....... Thanx

EL COLONEL
10-25-2011, 17:57
Somebody must know or own both ?

sourdough44
10-25-2011, 18:55
I own a Conquest & have used a Vari-x-II, the Zeiss gets my vote.

TScottW99
10-25-2011, 20:13
I have Leupolds on all my rifles but one. I do not own a Zeiss to compare.

EL COLONEL
10-26-2011, 14:13
I've been told that the ziess conquest are having issues with the adjustments jumping . Like if u adjust it one click it might not move but then after u move it some more it will move pluse the one click also ........:dunno:

RRTX11
10-26-2011, 15:41
I've been told that the ziess conquest are having issues with the adjustments jumping . Like if u adjust it one click it might not move but then after u move it some more it will move pluse the one click also ........:dunno:

I would take the zeiss over a leupold any day of the week. One of the last scopes I would expect to have adjustment problems with is a zeiss. I would also take Burris, Nikon Monarch, and several others over a leupold too.

If I have a $400 budget for a rifle scope....which ain't much. Then I am buying this......
http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/123107/nikon-buckmasters-rifle-scope-6-18x-40mm-side-focus-mil-dot-reticle-matte
Nikon Buckmaster 6x18. On sale at Midway for around $310. If you do not know which type of bullet to use or why......this is the only scope you will need the rest of your life.

EL COLONEL
10-26-2011, 16:06
Anybody else that maybe has both ?

Esox357
10-26-2011, 22:33
Leupold will give you the greatest eye relief in my opinion. The conquest seems not to have the eye relief the Leupold does, the clarity of Zeiss is great but for me I'm a Leupold guy. My Luppies do just fine! You can't go wrong with either but it will be a personal choice.

EL COLONEL
10-27-2011, 06:44
Yeah , me too . I love the leupolds . I've been very successful with them .

noway
10-27-2011, 18:56
I would go with a luppie in that compariosn, just due to my knowledge and general availability. Also support seems to be very very good from my personal experience.

btw, I personally like Nikon Monarch series, so I'm really bias towards Nikon and would thru a Nikon in for comparions.

On the comparisons questions, I would reallly actually go to the store. To many variables to discuss here, but with regards to which one is brighter or clearier, I would also ask my self these questions;

> how many clicks @ 100yrd 1/3 , 1/4 or even 1/2,............
> what type of recticles do they over
> how does the field of view compares at min and max power
> will they change recticles ( mfg ) and what other recticles do they have and if yes, how much to do so
(e.g german, mildot, crosshairs, dot,etc..)

> and finally which one do you like & will Zeiss give you similar support at 2 10 or 20 years later ;)

I betcha 100bucks ( okay no bet ; ) ) that Leupold has more options & overall easier to get support for.

Now if both are really $400.00 that would be what I would looking at. Along as others, but those two models are very similar and really equal into so many ways.

One's opinion would be that, "just one's opinion".

note: Since you gave 2 scopes with differences in objective size 50 vrs 40 , those are not going to be judged the same imho

CanyonMan
10-28-2011, 11:19
I did not read any of the replies, as I got to run here.

Both are great scopes.

Personally, for me on my rifles, I use the Zeiss, and on the 7mm Rem Mag (my do all gun) I use the Zeiss Conquest. Brighter than heck in very low light, and strong and very reliable (for me). ;)

Good huntin !

CM