NY1 / '-' connector: slight resistance at beginning of pull? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NY1 / '-' connector: slight resistance at beginning of pull?

Serafino
10-26-2011, 13:48
So I installed a NY1 with a '-' connector in my new Gen 3 G26, and I'm liking it pretty well, but right at the beginning of the first pull there is a slight click feeling, as of resistance briefly met and overcome.

I'm thinking this is the trigger bar pushing the striker safety out of the way, and that therefore there's nothing I can do about it short of buying a titanium plunger since the original is plated? I guess I can polish the relevant part of the trigger bar but since it doesn't feel gritty I imagine I won't notice much difference?

Seems like the added upward pressure by the NY1 trigger spring is making the transition of the bar onto the plunger require more force?

Serafino
11-18-2011, 01:11
...or to put it a different way, it feels like there are three phases to the pull, fairly equally divided. The 2nd phase starts with a noticeable feeling of something engaging, then the third phase is the rolling break.

I don't even notice it when I'm shooting, but if it's not normally there with this setup I'd like to know how to get rid of it.

Chunky Mayonnaise
11-18-2011, 03:35
All but one of my Glocks have the NY1 and (-) connector setup. Some initially had the feeling that you describe in the trigger, but it faded quickly with rounds down range, and a little polishing. Make sure your trigger bar is lightly polished, and give the stock safety plunger a light polish. Flitz, and a Dremel work wonders.

cciman
11-18-2011, 16:37
Dry fire, shoot, and/or polish like the guy said.

After 1000 rounds, you will forget what you just wrote.

Serafino
11-19-2011, 00:33
Thank you both.