What should I look for in a gun? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What should I look for in a gun?

Gun Chick
10-26-2011, 16:28
Okay girls I want to know what should I look for in a gun? I don't want it to cause me problems. I want to be able to handle it and not worry about it. What do you think?

Jackalo626
10-26-2011, 20:02
Bullets JK! My wife is not like most and prefers bigger and harsher recoiling handguns so I can't offer common advice to you but hopefully someone will chime in soon.

Mrs Glockrunner
10-27-2011, 05:55
That's hard to answer. First, what will the gun be used for? Will you be carrying it everywhere for protection? Or just have it for matches and plinking targets?

Are you more comfortable with a revolver, or a pistol? I personally like a 9mm pistol. But I only shoot it at pistol matches, not for a carry gun.

Find someone who's advice you trust, then go to a gun range that offers all kinds of guns to shoot, and try them all out. See what ones fit your hands, you feel comfortable shooting, and is in your price range.

If you know another lady that has guns, ask her what she prefers and see if that applies to you. It may, or may not.

A gun purchase is a very personal thing. Each person has their likes and dislikes.

Good luck.

Dexters
10-27-2011, 06:07
The order and qualities you should be looking for are:

Reliable - it works when you pull the trigger
Size and weight - you will carry it
Accurate - you hit what you are aiming at
Number of rounds
Caliber - adequate to deter/stop an attacker

Mrs.Cicero
10-31-2011, 06:20
Depends on what you want to do with it. Are you using it for home defense? personal protection? hunting? plinking? what? (because like the song says, "One is never enough..."

Mrs.Cicero