Crimson Trace laser grips(CTLG) re-zeroing [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace laser grips(CTLG) re-zeroing

X-Centric
10-26-2011, 17:13
Is there a way to ensure that you put the laser grips back on in the exact same place after removing them to ensure they’re still be zeroed in? I’ve had two pair of CTLG’s and think they’re great in many ways. My first pair was on a S&W Bodyguard and my latest pair is on a Ruger LCR. Both times that I went out and shot them for the first time I had to “zero” them in. After shooting them I went home and cleaned them (too good like I always do) and went out again and found the sights to be off zero. I figure this is because I took the grips off the guns to clean them. So I zeroed them again and cleaned them without removing the grips and went a third time and they were right on zero. I guess I can “mark” the revolver where a part of the grip is on the frame after zeroing but wonder if you scholars can tell me a better way.
Thanks!

Cavalry Doc
10-26-2011, 19:18
Make sure your Iron Sites are dead on. Take the CTLG off, and put them back on. Quick check at a reasonable distance that the laser is lined up with the iron sites. Unless you are killing flies at 50 yards, that'll do.