5.11 Operator vs. Wilderness Instructor Belt [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 5.11 Operator vs. Wilderness Instructor Belt

B_Prepared
10-27-2011, 04:05
I am considering purchasing either a 5.11 Operator belt or a Wilderness Instructor belt. If someone has experience with these two products, I would appreciate your input. Can I really go wrong with either choice?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
B

greg6099
10-27-2011, 04:54
I have both brands and Wilderness 'feels' as if its better quality. Its only a belt at the end of the day, but I will stick with the Wilderness brand.

Agent6-3/8
10-27-2011, 07:18
I've got two of the 5.11 Operator Belts. Great belts, IMO! They have held up very well. One is used for general wear/ CCW and the other used under my duty rig. The kydex reinforcement makes the belt plenty stiff for IWB and OWB carry and of course the belt is extremely adjustable. I can't comment on the Wilderness belts as I've never had one, but the 5.11 has done all I've asked of it and is showing no signs of giving up anytime soon.

I can imagine the Wilderness belts are equally excellent, but in the end I ended up going with 5.11 becasue I could get them at the local "Cop shop" and a little cheaper as well.

BailRecoveryAgent
10-27-2011, 08:23
If its something you consider when purchasing, Wilderness belts are made here in the good ol' US of A, 5.11 belts are imported from somewhere else.

I've never heard anything bad about either.

Deployment Solu
10-27-2011, 08:52
Another vote for the Wilderness Instructor belts. I have about 6 and they have held up well!!!!

up1911fan
10-27-2011, 09:20
Love my Wilderness Belts.

Jason D
10-27-2011, 17:36
The Wilderness belt is a quality belt made in Arizona. It's made for work.
The 5.11 belt is a chinese piece of crap that is made to look like it's for work.

kdm2
10-27-2011, 18:42
+1 on the Wilderness belt. A good belt makes all the difference. If I was buying another I would get the Frequent Flyer with the Deldron (sp?) buckle.

BailRecoveryAgent
10-27-2011, 23:23
+1 on the Wilderness belt. A good belt makes all the difference. If I was buying another I would get the Frequent Flyer with the Deldron (sp?) buckle.

I've heard that plastic buckle doohicky does a piss poor job of keeping the belt tight. Dunno, maybe someone on here has tried one and can give their thoughts.

sandworm40
10-28-2011, 06:24
I've heard that plastic buckle doohicky does a piss poor job of keeping the belt tight. Dunno, maybe someone on here has tried one and can give their thoughts.

All of the Wilderness belts that I have are the Frequent Flyer style, I've not had any problem with the plastic rings buckle. The end of the belt is velcro and that helps the buckle hold the belt to the tightness desired.

Batwing
10-28-2011, 19:57
No experience with the Wilderness belt but I wear the Operator belt daily, whether or not I have a gun on the belt. I have had it for probably 6 months or so now, and have no complaints. I picked it up at the local uniform supply shop, as I like to shop with the local stores.