Is this a good AR trigger? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good AR trigger?

M&P Shooter
10-27-2011, 17:15
I just received my Spikes stripped lower today and I'm going with the enhanced lower kit from Spikes and wanted to go with this trigger but don't know anything about them......Help are they good triggers?

http://www.702shooter.com/precision-rifle-raffle/timney-ar15-3lb-skeletonized-trigger/

AK_Stick
10-27-2011, 17:25
I use a Timney in my Rem-700 bolt gun, and my 338, both are great triggers.

How much do they want?

I really think if I was going to an aftermarket AR trigger, I'd look hard at an SSA/SSA-E/High Speed or such from Geissele

Clint-M
10-27-2011, 17:27
I have a Geissele SD3G and it is superb. I can't comment on the Timney but I can say I'll never buy another aftermarket trigger from anyone other than Geissele.

CM

Jerry
10-27-2011, 17:37
I put one of these in mine http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.8.1_ezt.php You can adjust it to ďANYĒ pull you like from heavy to very light. No creep and brakes like glass.

BBJones
10-27-2011, 19:11
What kind of hooting will you be doing. Recommendation sort of depends on the use.

Geissele would be my general recommendation.

M&P Shooter
10-27-2011, 19:21
What kind of hooting will you be doing. Recommendation sort of depends on the use.

Geissele would be my general recommendation.
SHTF weapon

M&P Shooter
10-27-2011, 19:24
After doing a lot of research and reading tons of reviews I have decided to go with this trigger for my Spikes AR 15 build:wavey:
http://geissele.com/superdynamicenhanced.aspx

Clint-M
10-27-2011, 19:31
:supergrin: I really like the flat trigger feel. Great choice in trigger.

CM

boomhower
10-27-2011, 19:55
SHTF weapon

To me 3lbs is on the light side. I am very very happy with my SSA.

MrMurphy
10-28-2011, 02:47
For serious use the Geissele's the only non-factory AR trigger i even consider.

Mayhem like Me
10-28-2011, 07:39
I use a Timney in my Rem-700 bolt gun, and my 338, both are great triggers.

How much do they want?

I really think if I was going to an aftermarket AR trigger, I'd look hard at an SSA/SSA-E/High Speed or such from Geissele

You will have a hard time finding a better unit....

Jerry
10-28-2011, 12:10
Iím not knocking Timney because Iíve never owned one so donít take this the wrong way. Itís just a question and statement no more no less.

Are Timney triggers adjustable from 0 to 5 + lbs. The PJ is and for the prices you get the adjustable trigger assemble, adjustable ambe selector switch and anti-walk pins. I used my old pins and selector just because I wanted to keep things as close to original as possible, but the trigger is truly everything they say it is.

BBJones
10-28-2011, 12:39
After doing a lot of research and reading tons of reviews I have decided to go with this trigger for my Spikes AR 15 build:wavey:
http://geissele.com/superdynamicenhanced.aspx

That might be a little on the light side for some people in a non-precision gun. SD-C would be worth a look.

halfmoonclip
10-31-2011, 07:40
You will have a hard time finding a better unit....

This. The SSA has enough resistance/trigger movement to allow good control under stress, while offering a clean break for precise shots. They also have a great rep.

For target work, I can see the merit of an adjustable trigger. IMHO, when playing for real, I'd avoid such things. Screws can, and do, come loose.
Your mileage, of course, may vary.
Moon

NEOH212
10-31-2011, 21:48
I have a Geissele SD3G and it is superb. I can't comment on the Timney but I can say I'll never buy another aftermarket trigger from anyone other than Geissele.

CM

I'll second the Geissele trigger. I have one in my Bushmaster Predator and love it!

As far as Timney goes, I have one in my .308 bolt gun and it is far better than the stock Remington trigger. No slop and it breaks like a glass rod at 2.5 pounds. If their AR triggers are anything like their bolt gun triggers, It should be great.

702Shooter
11-02-2011, 22:41
I just received my Spikes stripped lower today and I'm going with the enhanced lower kit from Spikes and wanted to go with this trigger but don't know anything about them......Help are they good triggers?

http://www.702shooter.com/precision-rifle-raffle/timney-ar15-3lb-skeletonized-trigger/

For what it's worth....I like them. :supergrin:

Singlestack Wonder
11-03-2011, 09:31
for serious use the geissele's the only non-factory ar trigger i even consider.

+10...........

skeeter1959
11-10-2011, 20:47
I'm thinking about a new trigger for my M&P. I like the Timney. What is the consensus on the Chip McCormik triggers?

furioso2112
11-10-2011, 21:04
I also run a geissele - not sure which one, it's been a couple years since I bought it. It is a pleasure to shoot.

Gribble
11-10-2011, 21:17
It's a good trigger and contrary to popular beliefs pops milspec primers just fine. I had an issue with the last one I got, hammer looked like a file it was so rough. They replaced two before I got one that was of the same quality as my previous purchases from them. I took alot of **** complaining about it on here and a few other sites but it seems they have ironed out that issue since so I guess it was worth it. Having said that it is water under the bridge and I am very satisfied with there performance on all the ones I have(3).........:wavey:

vrex
11-11-2011, 17:55
For serious use the Geissele's the only non-factory AR trigger i even consider.

Why is that?

m2hmghb
11-12-2011, 00:17
Why is that?

Better quality control and better heat treating.

QNman
11-13-2011, 06:56
SHTF weapon

If this is a SHTF weapon, why not stick with the military-proven single stage? Ultra-light, glass smooth triggers are for precision shooting, not zombie killing.

ETA: I'm not knocking the triggers mentioned here - all are excellent or have reputations indicating they are excellent. I am considering a Geissele myself, but it is for my "long range" 20" bull barrelled AR, not my zombie gun.

skeeter1959
11-17-2011, 16:37
After trying both the CMC and Timney, I went with the Timney. Can't wait to hit the range tomorrow.

JBaird22
11-17-2011, 22:25
I put in a reduced power Wolfe trigger spring and disconnector spring to achieve a lighter trigger pull. I haven't had a chance to put any rounds down range yet but I like the way it feels so far. Brought it down to around 4 ish pounds.

B.Reid
11-18-2011, 09:56
I have a Timney in my 3 gun AR and it has been great, easy drop in fit.