Re-Assembly question: HELP! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Re-Assembly question: HELP!

earl616
10-27-2011, 19:28
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->This is something that’s been driving me crazy ever since I field-stripped my first auto-loader: in the re-assembly, for practically every gun, the recoil spring guide rod seems to have a very precarious seating to the barrel lug. I’ve never had a problem getting the guide-rod seated properly and all my guns work just fine…BUT what the heck keeps the guide-rod from slipping off the barrel lug during recoil and “snap-back.?” I mean the slide goes thru some pretty aggressive motions, no? ….sorry if this is a stupid question because I overlooked something obvious, but any thoughts would be really appreciated..Thanks

Jerry
10-27-2011, 20:47
There is no place for it to go, its captive between the barrel and the frame.

earl616
10-27-2011, 21:04
Thanks..that makes sense; sorry for asking a question with an obvious answer.

Berto
10-27-2011, 21:09
It sucks when that puppy slips off of there while you're getting ready to put the top end back on the frame, ain't it? :supergrin:

Jerry
10-27-2011, 22:00
Thanks..that makes sense; sorry for asking a question with an obvious answer.

That’s how we learn. I had to think about it for a minute myself. :supergrin:

Bushflyr
10-27-2011, 23:46
Think about it for another second. Where you place the recoil spring on the barrel for reassembly isn't where it rides during recoil.