Lee Turret [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lee Turret

GMT
10-27-2011, 20:41
I've had a Lee turret press for a while now. Started reloading 45acp. The results were pretty good for a part time reloader like me. I decided sometime ago to start trying my luck with 9mm. My problem is this. The press won't index correctly. I've tried the index correction recommended by Lee. The turret holes refuse to line up. I'm frustrated to say the least. Ant advice is greatly appreciated.

Uncle Don
10-27-2011, 20:58
You didn't say if it is a 3 or 4 hole press. I'm assuming a 4 hole. My advise is first to make sure you have dies in the turret because setting for the mass is important.

If the die is not coming around far enough, take the turret and the index rod out and while holding the rod, use a proper sized wrench to slightly turn the nut on top clockwise. If the die is going beyond center, do the same thing, but turn the nut counter-clockwise. Just a little at a time and try it. Once it's set, you don't have to deal with it again.

If it's a three hole - we have a different procedure and you can let me know. It's been along time, but I think I remember how to do that as well.

GMT
10-27-2011, 21:03
Thanks. I really appreciate the help.