Im buying a mini Draco tomorrow. What to look for? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Im buying a mini Draco tomorrow. What to look for?

mixflip
10-28-2011, 01:26
They are extremely hard to find in my neck of the woods so Im kinda picking one up just for S&Giggles. Or maybe for an SBR? I guess I just need to check for matching numbers? Its completely built in Romania so CAI cant mess these up right?

slims00ls1z28
10-28-2011, 17:09
Only issues I have with mine right now is that the block that the barrel is pressed into is canted, not the typical front sight issue but the actual block that the rear sight is attached to is canted, front sight seems straight. That and the screw that holds the handguard on fell out which is common as well. The threads in the sight block are different from the screw and they are almost always stripped out. Only other problem I've read about but haven't encountered yet is the plastic block that keeps the bolt from slamming breaks frequently.

mixflip
10-28-2011, 19:28
Is there an aftermarket buffer that is more durable? I just picked it up a few hours ago btw. I really like what I see so far. As handguns go, its pretty impractical. As a fun range plinker goes... it looks very COOL so far!!!!

I have been studying up on these and I hear they usually need to break in so I expect malfunctions at first. Once they are broken in they run fine. Hopefully thats the case with mine.

CnRnut
10-28-2011, 19:55
You want to look for the "C" type. I will have an underfolder rear trunnion.

slims00ls1z28
10-28-2011, 21:08
Is there an aftermarket buffer that is more durable? I just picked it up a few hours ago btw. I really like what I see so far. As handguns go, its pretty impractical. As a fun range plinker goes... it looks very COOL so far!!!!

I have been studying up on these and I hear they usually need to break in so I expect malfunctions at first. Once they are broken in they run fine. Hopefully thats the case with mine.

Wait till you shoot it. Loud as a flash bang and damn near as bright muzzle flash. First gun I felt the concussion of the blast from behind it.

LSUAdman
10-29-2011, 20:35
You want to look for the "C" type. I will have an underfolder rear trunnion.

There is no C model mini-draco, just the normal draco.

Here is a thread on AR15.com that talks about putting an underfolder on a mini-draco. Requires adding an UF trunion.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_98/139173_Mini_Draco_hand_guards.html

mixflip
10-29-2011, 22:52
I am loving this little 7.62 blaster more and more. Ninjafying this little beast is going to be fun!

I just found out Midwest Industries is coming out with a rail system designed specifically for the mini Draco.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i182/mixflip/mi_akminidraco.gif

LSUAdman
10-30-2011, 08:35
The MI rail is very solid and easy to put together - it doesnt come with any instructions, but there are some on AR15.com which I used. Execellent fit, but mine has a tiny amount of back and forth wobble down the barrel - not sure if I need to tighten something or if its normal. It holds a zero with a PA red dot, so I am not too worried.

Good luck on the purchase! These are great range guns!