ok, now i know i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ok, now i know i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed

bdhawk
10-28-2011, 07:13
last night i was doing some organizing in my reloading shop. i was inventorying, and putting my brass in plastic containers i found, cheap, at walmart. when i got to my 10MM brass, i panicked. i was missing about 170 of 'em. i have way too few 10MM brass and i try to keep extra close tabs on 'em. i went from cleaning and organizing to scrambling around, dragging stuff out of the cabinets, trying to find where i put em. you 10MM guys know, 10MM brass is kinda spendy and hard to find.

after way too much handwiringing, and fretting, i realized i had not allowed for some brass i had reloaded this past weekend. they were setting there on my worksurface in plain sight.

now, my shop looks like it was hit by an earthquake. i will need to spend a good deal of the weekend trying to get things back in their proper place.

ron59
10-28-2011, 07:19
Sorry... can't resist....

COOL STORY, BRO!

Hogpauls
10-28-2011, 08:52
Start drinking Folgers.
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx308/Hogpauls/007.jpg

dkf
10-28-2011, 10:02
For what coffee costs now you'll have to spend $500 to get all those containers.:wow:

DWARREN123
10-28-2011, 12:34
I feel for you, know how it is! :supergrin:

ron59
10-28-2011, 13:26
For what coffee costs now you'll have to spend $500 to get all those containers.:wow:

The last company I worked for was small, they supplied coffee and it was usually bought in the metal cans that are about that size. I would bring them home when they were empty, nobody else wanted them. I have about 10 or so, handy for holding different types of brass. Didn't cost me a penny.

PCJim
10-28-2011, 13:48
Start drinking Folgers.

Mine looks quite similar, except I was too lazy to tape the labels to the sides of the cans like you have. My labels hang out from beneath the lids. Those Folger cans make excellent case holders for the smaller quantities of various calibers. They are not nearly large enough to hold the 9, 40, 45 or 223 that I have, and I'm already doubling them up for the 38spl.

shotgunred
10-28-2011, 15:41
Start drinking Folgers.

Coffee cans are for newbies. Use five gallon buckets.

Hogpauls
10-28-2011, 15:56

No arguments there. I've only been doing for 3 years now so I haven't graduated to the 5 gallon buckets yet. Although I find it is easier to have 20 or so of these to seperate calibers, headstamps and have them still fit under the bench.

Shadyscott69
10-28-2011, 16:06
I know the feeling about 10mm brass. Couple weeks ago when I picked up my new press, it came with thousands upon thousands of rounds of 38 super brass. Literally boxes, bags and cans of the stuff. Much of it new Starline. I was okay with that. Figured I could trade or sell it off. I started inventorying everything and came across a Big ziplock freezer bag that just looked different. What was in this bag you ask. 400 rounds of new Starline 10mm brass! Boy I was happy. I think I was more excited about the brass than the new 1050 on my bench. Pretty sad now that I think about it.

Glockdude1
10-28-2011, 16:08

No. Just ask your friends that drink Folgers, to give you the empty containers.

:cool:

buyobuyo
10-28-2011, 17:02

I find that I can fit more into one of the large 12x12 flat rate boxes than I can into a 5 gallon bucket. Also, the boxes are free. Just grab an extra one when you're mailing stuff anyways or keep the ones you get stuff in that are in good shape.

craig110
10-28-2011, 17:04
No arguments there. I've only been doing for 3 years now so I haven't graduated to the 5 gallon buckets yet. Although I find it is easier to have 20 or so of these to seperate calibers, headstamps and have them still fit under the bench.

I use 5 gallon buckets for raw brass, but I find the coffee containers (I use Maxwell House containers from work as I like their more pronounced handles) are quite useful for lead and for separating rifle brass that are in various stages of brass prep.

bush pilot
10-28-2011, 18:47
When I saw the title to this thread I assumed Jack was finally coming clean.

Colorado4Wheel
10-28-2011, 19:22
I know the feeling about 10mm brass. Couple weeks ago when I picked up my new press, it came with thousands upon thousands of rounds of 38 super brass. Literally boxes, bags and cans of the stuff. Much of it new Starline. I was okay with that. Figured I could trade or sell it off. I started inventorying everything and came across a Big ziplock freezer bag that just looked different. What was in this bag you ask. 400 rounds of new Starline 10mm brass! Boy I was happy. I think I was more excited about the brass than the new 1050 on my bench. Pretty sad now that I think about it.

Your going to have to stop talking about getting a 1050 really cheap and then finding a boat load of brass in the box. It just not fair. :crying::crying::crying:

Shadyscott69
10-28-2011, 20:44
Your going to have to stop talking about getting a 1050 really cheap and then finding a boat load of brass in the box. It just not fair. :crying::crying::crying:

I can't help it man. :wavey: