Are there any Kentucky State Police Troopers on here... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Kentucky State Police Troopers on here...

RussP
10-28-2011, 14:02
1/4/2012 Update here... (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18384299#post18384299)

I need to pass some information on to the Capitol security force about someone coming to visit the upcoming legislative session. He's stated, "I have settled on what I will wear when I go and see how the Kentucky Legislature works. Kentucky allows the open carry of firearms in the capital building. Since I have been threatened it will only be natural to wear my iiia vest. Multiple magazines with m855, and of course a silenced ar pistol on a sling."

The image he posted is below.

Just thought y'all might like to know he's coming.

Here's a link to his announcement: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72743&p=733243#p733243

Jeff82
10-28-2011, 15:09
Why not call them?

Post 12 (Frankfort) Phone Number: (502) 227-2221

Hack
10-28-2011, 15:51
Not that I am begrudging him carrying anything but, why is he going in there outfitted for a war zone? I get threats from dummies occasionally myself in my position. Yeah, call them direct and give them the information. Maybe they can calm said fellow down a bit.

Sam Spade
10-28-2011, 15:52
Oh. My. God.

I'll bet I can guess who's coming to dinner. No way two guys on this continent can have the same warped world view and patterns of speech.

Sam Spade
10-28-2011, 15:54
Yup, I called it.

My advice would almost---almost---be to keep quiet and let this thing get handled with a certain degree of finality.

Hack
10-28-2011, 15:56
Yup, I called it.

My advice would almost---almost---be to keep quiet and let this thing get handled with a certain degree of finality.

Ah, interesting.

p.d.
10-28-2011, 16:09
Is this the orange muzzle guy from Tennessee?

wprebeck
10-28-2011, 16:26
Pm sent. Post 12 isn't the responsible area. The capital has its own folks for executive protection. Some are uniformed, many are not. I did a class with several folks from KSP recently, one of whom is the assistant commander of their academy (also in Frankfort) . Ill let him know.

Also, a former coworker and good friend is a Frankfort PD officer. He will get the message, as well.

wprebeck
10-28-2011, 16:32
By the way, as is common with most state police agencies, KSP has a well deserved reputation for having a very low tolerance of idiotic behavior. Leonard's actions here will not go as well as they have in the past, should he trifle with them. Furthermore, these guys are the governor's protective detail, and they usually don't get flack for their....aggressive negotiations....with morons.

Lastly, Kentucky is a gun friendly state, and LeLeonard's actions won't change that. Perhaps the capitol security detail can find a reason to not allow him, based on his prior behavior in TN and GA.

The-Fly
10-28-2011, 16:40
What a tool. I'm as pro 2A as they come, but just because something is legal doesn't mean you should do it....

wprebeck
10-28-2011, 16:55
Regarding his comments about resisting arrest. He might want to brush up on Kentucky law before his visit. Specifically, KRS 503.060.

oldgraywolf
10-28-2011, 17:16
That jackass needs to be in a locked, padded room before he hurts someone. Too many loose connections to be operating armed in public.

<---NAC

CAcop
10-28-2011, 17:33
Is this the orange muzzle guy from Tennessee?

He painted the whole ****ing gun orange.

I have saved it to my computer just in case.

Sam Spade
10-28-2011, 17:53
He painted the whole ****ing gun orange.

I have saved it to my computer just in case.

No. First he painted the muzzle orange so cops would be slow to shoot him. Later, after he got thoroughly beat up in the forums, he painted the gun orange and the muzzle black.

toddmog
10-28-2011, 18:54
What a tool!

Jeff82
10-28-2011, 19:00
Any chance of getting this loon committed? A judge's order would hook up his gun rights too, for awhile.

msu_grad_121
10-28-2011, 21:13
Well, that's 3 hours of my life I'm never getting back... And the thread was so stupid, I think it gave me cancer!

On a side note, I cannot believe this idjiot hasn't been adjuticated mentally defective (oh yeah, defective, not deficient) as of yet. I can think of at least 3 mental health professionals that would put a 72 hour hold on him, and probably say he's got some high functioning Asbergers or some such if he pulled his nonsense in MI. Guess we'll just have to wait until January to see how this all plays out.

The sad thing is, one of these days, he's going to get what he wants: an honest-to-God confrontation involving gunfire. I just hope for his sake he's the only one hit.

DWARREN123
10-28-2011, 21:53
Maybe Kentucky will keep him and Tennessee will have one less fruit cake for Chirstmas!

CAcop
10-28-2011, 22:05
No. First he painted the muzzle orange so cops would be slow to shoot him. Later, after he got thoroughly beat up in the forums, he painted the gun orange and the muzzle black.

You're right. I wasn't very clear. I remember he started off with just the tip.

I remember too much about this guy. I remember him walking through a town that allowed open carry of a pistol as long as it was a cap and ball pistol. In his hand.

nastytrigger
10-28-2011, 22:11
You're right. I wasn't very clear. I remember he started off with just the tip.

I remember too much about this guy. I remember him walking through a town that allowed open carry of a pistol as long as it was a cap and ball pistol. In his hand.

This is the orange tip guy...? Ugh.

rabbivj
10-28-2011, 23:46
This is the orange tip guy...? Ugh.

Yup that would be him...he recently got banned from Georgia Packing as well...good god hes a loon...

Cochese
10-29-2011, 00:58
Based on my limited knowledge of KY law, he is likely going to end up dead if he resists their lawful investigatory stop.

RIP Kwik.

:upeyes:

msu_grad_121
10-29-2011, 02:34
Based on my limited knowledge of KY law, he is likely going to end up dead if he resists their lawful investigatory stop.

RIP Kwik.

:upeyes:

Methinks you might have clairvoyant powers, Sir. I don't know the exact laws in KY, but I know there's been a big push to make it illegal to physically resist a lawful investigatory stop and/or unlawful arrest. Basically, they want these things handled in the courts with cooler heads, than out on the street. But I also doubt he knows that, and will try to resist then, and...well...we'll all be able to say we saw this one coming a country mile away. :dunno:

RussP
10-29-2011, 07:17
Yup that would be him...he recently got banned from Georgia Packing as well...good god hes a loon...I wonder if he still plans on moving...no, establishing residency in Georgia next year.

razdog76
10-29-2011, 07:44
Maybe we could have a collection jar passed around to SEND him on an all expenses trip to Mexico. Puro/Eduard, you're gonna have to take one for the team.

RussP
10-29-2011, 08:24
Well, that's 3 hours of my life I'm never getting back... And the thread was so stupid, I think it gave me cancer!OH, NO!!! You didn't read the whole thing...Hell, just go ahead and apply for disability. No way are you fit for duty. Rehab takes awhile.:rofl:On a side note, I cannot believe this idjiot hasn't been adjuticated mentally defective (oh yeah, defective, not deficient) as of yet. I can think of at least 3 mental health professionals that would put a 72 hour hold on him, and probably say he's got some high functioning Asbergers or some such if he pulled his nonsense in MI. If you go back to his early posts in 2007-2008 on not only gun forums, but pet forums, automotive forums, you'd see a lot of very angry responses, wild accusations and blatant trolling to start fights. He exhibited some of that here, but some ******* moderator in CI kept smacking him down.:whistling:

After Radnor Lake he began posting on every gun forum he could find. The anger aspect toned down when he found his anger surrogate on a very large, well known forum. His surrogate took up the personal attacks on other members. I believe Leonard learned then he needed to tone down the anger.

When sites began banning him, he did lash out at site owners, admins and moderators accusing them of altering, editing, deleting his posts on forums. And then were the allegations that they were making up stories and posting them under his screen name.

When you've read everything from 2007 forward, you see an early lack of control to the current day almost scripted posts. Oh, and his newest game is that he does not recall any of the posts he made on the internet. Going back to the post modification allegation, he says those may be his words, but they may have been changed by the forums, he just doesn't recall.

Are there enough threads woven into his posts over 4-years to get him into a 72-hour hold? No, I don't believe so. He's become a fairly skilled manipulator of his story. He tells his side, and then not even all of that, and people see him as the great fighter for our 2nd Amendment Rights. Of course, if you dig back a little, you will see his denial that he is fighting for anyone's rights but his own.

Is he certifiable? I would like to see him go through an extensive psych eval. Maybe he'd submit to the psych eval cops (oh yeah, he does not like cops) have to go through.Guess we'll just have to wait until January to see how this all plays out.Yep...The sad thing is, one of these days, he's going to get what he wants: an honest-to-God confrontation involving gunfire. I just hope for his sake he's the only one hit.If you'd said that in 2010 after Radnor and Belle Meade, I would have said that is where he was headed.

Now, I believe a lot of this is bravado. If he really wanted the "arrest me" confrontation, he'd do like he did at Radnor. Say very little and show up.

He is talking way too much about his plans, and the talk is to piss off others on that forum. Will he do it? I believe he will carrying his AR, etc. He'll be equipped with audio and video recording devices. He also posted this about the sign he will carry: I can't carry a gun in tennessee, but I do have a water the tree sign. I am going to make an article 1 section 2 sign, "That government being instituted for the common benefit, the doctrine of non-resistance against arbitrary power and oppression is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind."I believe the best thing to happen to him in Frankfort is nothing. Shadow him, but no acknowledgement just like happened when he open carried his Draco when he rode MARTA to Hartsfield where he had lunch in a restaurant in the unsecured area of the airport. Of course, he did call the airport authorities and inquired about the open carry of firearms...:whistling: Again, if he was looking for real confrontation, why call and in essence warn them he is coming?

RussP
10-29-2011, 08:25
Yup that would be him...he recently got banned from Georgia Packing as well...good god hes a loon...I was somewhat surprised when he was banned.

Dukeboy01
10-29-2011, 13:17
Awesome. The governor's mansion is 50 yards or less away from the Capitol building. The governor's office is in the building. If he gets squirrely at all, the Capitol detail will drop him.

razdog76
10-29-2011, 14:56
Are there enough threads woven into his posts over 4-years to get him into a 72-hour hold? No, I don't believe so. He's become a fairly skilled manipulator of his story. He tells his side, and then not even all of that, and people see him as the great fighter for our 2nd Amendment Rights. Of course, if you dig back a little, you will see his denial that he is fighting for anyone's rights but his own.

Being a skilled manipulator is very common, of those afflicted with mental illness. Would I be able to pink slip him? Absolutely. The short term question is whether he is a threat to himself, or others. It is a pretty easy argument that his actions are.

However, if he would take a three day vacation, the purpose is only to stabilize him. No testing would be offered, and I doubt he would comply if it was. It is perfectly legal to be a loon, so long as you are not a threat to yourself or others.

Now, a sharp officer with any sort of investigatory skills would arrest him for DOC, etc... seize the weapon(s) as evidence, and when he cries foul, provide copies of his many public ramblings, which prove he is purposely causing inconvenience, annoyance, alarm to others, and inducing panic which he has been purposely trying to do by "exercising his right."

The probable cause is there, and the toys will stay safe in the the evidence room at least until it goes to trial. This will causing him to have to go buy more, and spend cash on attorneys, fines etc... He will either stop, be exceptionally poor, or end up in prison which will preclude his lawful ownership of firearms.

Regardless, I think that he will be rehabilitated fairly quickly if he shows up in that outfit, at any public political function.

RussP
10-29-2011, 15:16
Good post, sir...Being a skilled manipulator is very common, of those afflicted with mental illness. Would I be able to pink slip him? Absolutely. The short term question is whether he is a threat to himself, or others. It is a pretty easy argument that his actions are. The State felt it was/is so. That is the reason they suspended his license to carry. However, if he would take a three day vacation, the purpose is only to stabilize him. No testing would be offered, and I doubt he would comply if it was. It is perfectly legal to be a loon, so long as you are not a threat to yourself or others.

Now, a sharp officer with any sort of investigatory skills would arrest him for DOC, etc... seize the weapon(s) as evidence, and when he cries foul, provide copies of his many public ramblings, which prove he is purposely causing inconvenience, annoyance, alarm to others, and inducing panic which he has been purposely trying to do by "exercising his right." He did not appeal the license suspension. He filed to appeal, but when the State furnished their over 3 inch thick stack of his internet postings and other documents, he petitioned to withdraw the appeal.The probable cause is there, and the toys will stay safe in the the evidence room at least until it goes to trial. This will causing him to have to go buy more, and spend cash on attorneys, fines etc... He will either stop, be exceptionally poor, or end up in prison which will preclude his lawful ownership of firearms.

Regardless, I think that he will be rehabilitated fairly quickly if he shows up in that outfit, at any public political function.Yep...

RussP
10-29-2011, 15:34
Y'all will love this...In response to my post: Leonard, let me offer you some advice.

When you are on Capitol grounds, especially near the legislative building and the Governor's Mansion, do not adjust the position of your weapon. Do not change it from your front to your back. And don't even think about moving it from your back to your front. Don't even touch it. Oh, yeah, and do not carry your recording devices anywhere near the weapon. Your reaching to adjust a device may not be viewed as such by others.

Just FYI...he posted this:"...it should not be forgotten, that it is not only a part of the right that is secured by the constitution; it is the right entire and complete, as it existed at the adoption of the constitution; and if any portion of that right be impaired, immaterial how small the part may be, and immaterial the order of time at which it be done, it is equally forbidden by the constitution." bliss v commonwealth

Don't question the mere open carry of a firearm. Yes, I may handle my firearm, I may decide to load/unload it on site. I may need to retrieve it from the trunk of my vehicle. I may feel the need to don the armor or chest rig at the site.

Sam Spade
10-29-2011, 15:50
Yup. Evolution lost its power to improve our kind when stupidity ceased being lethal.

rabbivj
10-29-2011, 16:36
I was somewhat surprised when he was banned.

I was too but the mods just had the last straw...i had him on ignore so I didnt try to get baited in his arguements...from what I understand that he basically would turn threads into all about him...and people were sick and tired of it...im just glad he is gone from GPDO.

Originally Posted by kwikrnu
Don't question the mere open carry of a firearm. Yes, I may handle my firearm, I may decide to load/unload it on site. I may need to retrieve it from the trunk of my vehicle. I may feel the need to don the armor or chest rig at the site.

Its like hes wanting to commit suicide by cop...I dont want to wish that on anyone but hes a &*^%*&$ idiot if he tries...

p.d.
10-29-2011, 16:51
Yup. Evolution lost its power to improve our kind when stupidity ceased being lethal.

But as you well know, it did not stop being lethal universally. I sincerely hope this plan is mere bluster.

seanmcp
10-29-2011, 22:37
Oh geez.

herose
10-30-2011, 02:13
I am part of the branch of KSP that is charged with Capitol security and all other commonwealth areas. I have sent an email to our commander who is in charge of legislative security.

Many Thanks

RussP
10-30-2011, 04:45
I am part of the branch of KSP that is charged with Capitol security and all other commonwealth areas. I have sent an email to our commander who is in charge of legislative security.

Many ThanksJust trying to keep everyone safe...

wprebeck
10-30-2011, 06:29

Many Thanks

PM me. I've know the guy pretty well, and was goingb to call a lieutenant of yours Monday.

RussP
10-30-2011, 06:37
Thanks, guys!

BailRecoveryAgent
10-30-2011, 08:32
Does he know that a IIIA vest without plates won't stop the 5.56 rounds that will be coming his way if he gets outta line?

Eventually, he will end up a bullet riddled corpse, or a long term resident of a luxurious gray bar motel.

CJStudent
10-31-2011, 03:51
When is he planning these shenanigans? I'm supposed to be in Frankfort this weekend.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

cowboywannabe
10-31-2011, 04:35
tagged to find out where they take his body afterwords.

RussP
10-31-2011, 04:56
When is he planning these shenanigans? I'm supposed to be in Frankfort this weekend.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engineJanuary, he wants to do it when the legislature is in session.

razdog76
10-31-2011, 07:57
RussP, would you forward Leonard's contact info, I want to take a modest life insurance policy out for him.:supergrin:

Never mind, I'll never get the payout.

RussP
10-31-2011, 09:01
This morning he posted that he does intend on carrying into the building while the Legislature is in session.

wprebeck
10-31-2011, 09:10
This morning he posted that he does intend on carrying into the building while the Legislature is in session.

Make sure he's got the following link. Session opens January 3rd tthis year. I'd hate for him to miss out on the opening of the session, where there will be a lot of folks for him to show off his idiocy.

If he should give a specific date, let me know. I'd love to see the show. (I go down to lobby once or twice a week during session).

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/sch_vist/12RS_calendar.pdf

RussP
10-31-2011, 09:30
He now has the link.

:cool:

seanmcp
10-31-2011, 11:03
All that'll happen is some poor KSP trooper will have to follow him around; I'm hoping kwikrnu walks around till his feet bleed and that the KSP guys have comfy boots. Luckily, IIRC, Capital security just added another dozen or so officers. Hopefully, tho, he doesn't run into anyone 'new-ish' that he can push into the type of confrontation he wants. The Facilities Security Branch will be the folks who he'll end up dealing with, unless he gets extra special stupid and gains the attention of one of the dedicated security details in the capital assigned to various law-maker-type-folks.

Mellio
10-31-2011, 11:15
Like it was mentioned before Kentucky is a pretty gun friendly state. The only thing his action will accomplished is to make Ky a little less gun friendly by getting stricter laws passed.

seanmcp
10-31-2011, 11:16
This numbnuts doesn't care about the laws, rights, etc. He's looking for $. *sigh*

wprebeck
10-31-2011, 11:20
All that'll happen is some poor KSP trooper will have to follow him around; I'm hoping kwikrnu walks around till his feet bleed and that the KSP guys have comfy boots. Luckily, IIRC, Capital security just added another dozen or so officers. Hopefully, tho, he doesn't run into anyone 'new-ish' that he can push into the type of confrontation he wants. The Facilities Security Branch will be the folks who he'll end up dealing with, unless he gets extra special stupid and gains the attention of one of the dedicated security details in the capital assigned to various law-maker-type-folks.

They run the metal detectors and such aat the entrances. I've seen anumber of both uniformed and plainclothes KSP inside the building. On a sadder note, unless policy has changed since last year, Facilities Security is limited to revolver carry.

Mellio
10-31-2011, 13:25
They do run metal detectors at the entrance but you are still allowed to open carry in the Capitol.

CJStudent
10-31-2011, 19:13
January, he wants to do it when the legislature is in session.

Nice. I'll keep that in mind.

RussP
11-08-2011, 06:56
Okay, a little update: Leonard was banned yesterday from Silencer Carry. That was the last known forum allowing him to post.

He will probably surface somewhere, I can't think where, but somewhere.

razdog76
11-08-2011, 11:29
Okay, a little update: Leonard was banned yesterday from Silencer Carry. That was the last known forum allowing him to post.

Evidently he was too loud for them.:supergrin:

RussP
11-08-2011, 11:54
Evidently he was too loud for them.:supergrin:Actually, yes, that is exactly what happened. He went off on another member and crossed the line. And, no, it was not me. He ain't that stupid. :cool:

S&WM&PAR15T&G34
11-08-2011, 15:50
Funny - three months ago I got banned from the Chevy Malibu Forum because I asked if a Wixs Oil Filter for a 2011 would fit on a 2012. This is no joke. In the same post I also said I always use Mobile1. Since then I've not been allowed to post , but have been able to view. There have been 11 new posts in 3 months.

RussP
11-09-2011, 13:39
Leonard has surfaced...Ron Paul Forums...http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?262837-Tennessee-man-sues-for-right-to-bear-arms

He resurrected a 10/2/2010 thread with his newest twists. It looks like he has finally found some kindred spirits on page 3.

m2hmghb
11-09-2011, 14:32
I wonder if he's trying to get in the guiness book of world records? Most firearms forums to be banned from.

m2hmghb
11-09-2011, 14:38
I wonder if he's trying to get in the guiness book of world records? Most firearms forums to be banned from.

Cochese
11-09-2011, 14:58
I wonder if he's trying to become a martyr?

msu_grad_121
11-09-2011, 15:28

Well, he DOES have that "true believer" mentality, and he says he has left instructions with his wife to sue anyone and everyone even remotely involved with the incident that will ultimately lead to his dirt nap, so if you define a martyr as someone who dies for their beliefs then yes, I'd say that's exactly what he wants. It's just messed up that his beliefs are so twisted and convoluted.

Oh well, as has been said in the past, "Some men you just can't reach." :supergrin:

Jeff82
11-09-2011, 15:32
It's just messed up that his beliefs are so twisted and convoluted.

I'm new to this "Leonard" guy. Just what is so "twisted and convoluted?"

ETA: And why is he getting banned from so many places?

(I looked at the link Russ posted.)

RussP
11-09-2011, 15:56
I wonder if he's trying to get in the guiness book of world records? Most firearms forums to be banned from.If there were such a category, he would own it.

RussP
11-09-2011, 15:59

Well, he DOES have that "true believer" mentality, and he says he has left instructions with his wife to sue anyone and everyone even remotely involved with the incident that will ultimately lead to his dirt nap, so if you define a martyr as someone who dies for their beliefs then yes, I'd say that's exactly what he wants. It's just messed up that his beliefs are so twisted and convoluted.

Oh well, as has been said in the past, "Some men you just can't reach." :supergrin:He has posted about that. I do not doubt it.

glockster72
11-09-2011, 22:57
http://josiahcm.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/facepalm_jim_76437.jpg?w=360&h=450

I Know some of the LEO`s Involved In the BMPD and Radnor lake incidents

msu_grad_121
11-09-2011, 23:15
http://josiahcm.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/facepalm_jim_76437.jpg?w=360&h=450

I Know some of the LEO`s Involved In the BMPD and Radnor lake incidents

And what are their opinions of this tool? Do they respect his obviously superior legal knowledge and all that garbage?

glockster72
11-10-2011, 00:38
And what are their opinions of this tool? Do they respect his obviously superior legal knowledge and all that garbage?

i Emailed that to one them and the reply was " are you F`n Serious LOL" :rofl:

acpd541
11-10-2011, 01:37

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/02/23/nerf-concealed-carry-weapon-range-report/

And it's already molded in orange.

RussP
11-10-2011, 02:23
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/02/23/nerf-concealed-carry-weapon-range-report/

And it's already molded in orange.That's funny!

RussP
11-10-2011, 02:59
I'm new to this "Leonard" guy. Just what is so "twisted and convoluted?"

ETA: And why is he getting banned from so many places?

(I looked at the link Russ posted.)Jeff, it isn't easy putting three to four years of writings and behavior into a few sentences.

Leonard is self-centered. His family seems to be the only others important to him, well, except for his MIL and SIL.

He began his "career" in earnest fighting illegal "No Firearms" signs on businesses, including shopping malls. He focused on signs that did not meet the State's legal size requirements even though the wording was proper. He actually went around measuring signs. Any sign that was not sized correctly, he deemed it without meaning, not understandable to him.

This included signs at parks in and around the metro Nashville area. Then the law changed allowing carry in parks, nullifying the signs. He began carrying at Radnor Lake to test the new law. That's how he met Ranger Ward the first time. He was open carrying a Model 29 .44 Magnum in an OWB holster. Ranger Ward asked to see his LTCH, and they parted going their separate ways.

Another of his causes involved the length of time it took TDPS to revoke or suspend someone's license to carry. Yep, and he used himself as an example at a hearing on the matter. His license was suspended because someone took out an order of protection against him. He complained that it took the State 30-days to suspend his permit. He said it should happen much, much faster. Now, later, when the State did move faster to suspend his permit the final time, he got all pissy.

Leonard initially appealed the suspension, but soon after receiving a stack of his internet postings and other documents that was over 3" high he petioned to drop his appeal. The petition was granted and the suspension became permanent. Then he sued the State to reinstate the permit based on the unconstitutionality of the Tennessee carry law.

When he realized any discussion of his permit would bring into evidence all of the State's evidence, his internet rantings, he revised his suit eliminating any reference to the suspension.

Okay, his two major events were open carrying a Draco AK-47 pistol in Radnor Park where he was detained for 2.5 hours while they determined that his weapon was indeed manufactured as a handgun, not a chopped down AK, and carrying a replica Navy black powder pistol on Belle Meade Blvd. in Belle Meade. An obscure Belle Meade ordinance from post-Civil War days mandated the hand carry of the Navy pistol was the only way to carry a firearm. He used the law to try and get himself arrested. They let him go after 15-minutes.

He has sued Ranger Ward from Radnor Lake in Federal and State courts for violating his rights. The Federal Court ruled against him this past July. The State case was due for a ruling yesterday, but there is no news about it.

He says that after he wins the Radnor Lake (oops, might not happen) cases, he will sue Belle Meade PD.

There are lots of other stuff posted on lots of forums. He has a group of supporters who see only a guy who doesn't break the law getting hassled and violated by all you mean JBTs. Some support his principals, but not his methodology. Others think he is just bat**** crazy, an OIS waiting to happen.

It will be interesting to see if he really goes through with the Kentucky Legislature visit.

Jeff82
11-11-2011, 16:39
A glutton for punishment, it seems.

Sam Spade
11-11-2011, 16:53
Russ skipped over the motivation. Lenny has posted that his major goal is to win the lawsuit lottery. When he didn't attract enough attention with one gun (the 29), he moved to bigger guns, looking at a Mare's Laig and an AR pistol before settling on the Draco. He was actually online bemoaning the fact that his choice of weapon didn't garner enough attention, and that he hadn't found the "right" cop yet.

His quest for AP 7.62x39 and musings on the orange tip as a tool to keep from getting shot round out his lunacy, even if they don't completely define it.

Cochese
11-11-2011, 20:52
Russ skipped over the motivation. Lenny has posted that his major goal is to win the lawsuit lottery. When he didn't attract enough attention with one gun (the 29), he moved to bigger guns, looking at a Mare's Laig and an AR pistol before settling on the Draco. He was actually online bemoaning the fact that his choice of weapon didn't garner enough attention, and that he hadn't found the "right" cop yet.

His quest for AP 7.62x39 and musings on the orange tip as a tool to keep from getting shot round out his lunacy, even if they don't completely define it.

:wow:

Beeman
11-12-2011, 02:12

Wow. Not sure what else to say.

nyycanseco33
11-12-2011, 02:24
I'm curious about this "orange tip" and "orange gun" guy that everybody keeps mentioning... He must have been a topic before my time here at GT but if there is a link to see this guys orange mess then I'd def like to see it for myself to mainly point and laugh at... Hopefully someone posts some links or pics for me... Also can someone explain to me the whole orange tip deal and how that is supposed to deter LEO's from shooting him cause that just sounds foolish to me but I could be wrong.

Sam Spade
11-12-2011, 08:31
http://nashvillecitypaper.com/files/citypaper/imagecache/story_floated/images/Radnor-Lake-gun.jpg

The theory being that it looks like an Airsoft, so the cop might not shoot as quick.

RussP
11-12-2011, 10:07
Also can someone explain to me the whole orange tip deal and how that is supposed to deter LEO's from shooting him cause that just sounds foolish to me but I could be wrong.Another of Leonard's not completely thought through ideas. His theory works as long as he makes no furtive movement. Make a wrong movement and the firearm becomes real...regardless of any orange tip.

He claims (now) that painting the tip orange was not an attempt at deceiving law enforcement. He cites that he informed Ranger Walsh, the first Ranger at Radnor, within 15 seconds of meeting him on the hiking trail. When I asked about Walsh's question, "Is that airsoft?", indicating he did not know whether it was real or an airsoft, Leonard repeated, "I told him it was an airsoft." His time line begins at a different time than indicated by his own recording.

That is the issue with Leonard. Despite his own words and the words of others involved in his escapades, he spins his tale to suit himself. Facts are irrelevant.

RussP
01-04-2012, 13:47
Well, he emailed the KSP and asked permission, well, sort of.

His email to KSP and their response is in the attached pdf file.

In the email to them he says, "I want to ensure I will not be illegally detained, searched, assaulted, or battered by law enforcement while I visit the capitol. Train your officers to obey the law. If my civil rights are violated I will file a federal lawsuit against those who violate my fundamental rights."

He posted the link to the pdf file (http://www.kwikrnu.com/Kentucky%20State%20Capitol/email%20to%20ksp%20kentucky%20state%20police%20open%20carry%20capitol%201-4-12%2012-23-11.pdf) in a post on the Ron Paul website (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?262837-Tennessee-man-sues-for-right-to-bear-arms&p=3957935#post3957935). He may post it on DU if they haven't banned him...

Cochese
01-04-2012, 14:41
The responder in that e-mail gets an A+ from me. :supergrin:

It basically says KMA, come try your crap and see what happens.

I love it.

RocPO
01-04-2012, 14:43
Is this guy looking to get an anti-gun law named after him?

CJStudent
01-04-2012, 15:01
Is this guy looking to get an anti-gun law named after him?

Frankly, I think he is just trying to push the envelope due to his own mental issues, and is going to end up fertilizing plants wherever his luck runs out.

wprebeck
01-04-2012, 15:30
Frankly, I think he is just trying to push the envelope due to his own mental issues, and is going to end up fertilizing plants wherever his luck runs out.

Well, I'm in Frankfort for tomorrow's session. Let ya know if he's there...will even try to get pics if he is. Will definitely point and laugh if I see him.

m2hmghb
01-04-2012, 16:14
Well, I'm in Frankfort for tomorrow's session. Let ya know if he's there...will even try to get pics if he is. Will definitely point and laugh if I see him.

Don't forget to tell him Russ and glocktalk say hello and goodbye.

nyycanseco33
01-04-2012, 16:43
I'm not from Kentucky but I have friends/family down there and I'm watching this situation closely... I'm interested on the details and outcome, def has peaked my interest in seeing this subject get taken care of by the proper authorities... I pray nobody gets hurt in the process but LEO do what you gotta do to get this guy off the street, he's a threat to our 2nd amendment rights and the media will pin him as a poster boy for gun enthusiasts which is not how we shall be portrayed

RussP
01-05-2012, 16:40
This is getting interesting.

From his website (guess he had to start his own so he wouldn't be banned):Open Carry Kentucky State Capitol (http://www.kwikrnu.com/open_carry_kentucky_state_capito.htm)I was contacted by the Kentucky State Police 1-4-2011. The Cop said that open carry on a sling was unsafe and that it was threatening to others. He implied I would be arrested or at a minimum detained.Here is the audio of the call (http://www.kwikrnu.com/Kentucky%20State%20Capitol/kentucky%20state%20police%20call%20to%20me%201-4-2011.WMA), but the audio is poor quality. The cop implied that the open carry of an AR-15 pistol, with a silencer, a chest rig with multiple magazines filled with ammo, and a bullet proof vest would be in violation of KRS525.060 (http://www.kwikrnu.com/Kentucky%20State%20Capitol/krs%20525%20060.pdf).He uses the word "implied" in describing what "the cop said."

Of course now as people on the Ron Paul forum read his drivel, it will become "fact". People will skim over "implied" and replace it with "He said." He does know how to work a room.

p.d.
01-05-2012, 17:11
May be. But as they say in Franklin County, "He's fixin' to work the wrong room". :supergrin:

Sam Spade
01-05-2012, 17:56
It seems kwik has applied for an FFL. Now *that* has amusement potential.

RussP
01-05-2012, 18:11
Interesting how he's come from an unannounced event at Radnor Lake and his unannounced escapade in Bell Meade, to calling Atlanta airport police ahead of time to discuss whether he would be hassled and emailing KSP about exactly how he would dress, what he would carry.

RussP
01-05-2012, 18:17
It seems kwik has applied for an FFL. Now *that* has amusement potential.Anyone have contacts at ATF...

razdog76
01-05-2012, 18:22
He posted the link to the pdf file (http://www.kwikrnu.com/Kentucky%20State%20Capitol/email%20to%20ksp%20kentucky%20state%20police%20open%20carry%20capitol%201-4-12%2012-23-11.pdf) in a post on the Ron Paul website (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?262837-Tennessee-man-sues-for-right-to-bear-arms&p=3957935#post3957935). He may post it on DU if they haven't banned him...

So it is Leonard's fault Ron didn't do so well in Iowa.:supergrin:

RussP
01-05-2012, 20:43
So it is Leonard's fault Ron didn't do so well in Iowa.:supergrin:Interesting thought...

RussP
01-06-2012, 07:34
Well, it appears he is going to Kentucky...

Open Carry Kentucky State Capitol (http://www.kwikrnu.com/open_carry_kentucky_state_capito.htm)Open Carry Kentucky State Capitol (http://www.kwikrnu.com/open_carry_kentucky_state_capito.htm)I was contacted by the Kentucky State Police 1-4-2011. The Cop said that open carry on a sling was unsafe and that it was threatening to others. He implied I would be arrested or at a minimum detained.Here is the audio of the call (http://www.kwikrnu.com/Kentucky%20State%20Capitol/kentucky%20state%20police%20call%20to%20me%201-4-2011.WMA), but the audio is poor quality. The cop implied that the open carry of an AR-15 pistol, with a silencer, a chest rig with multiple magazines filled with ammo, and a bullet proof vest would be in violation of KRS525.060 (http://www.kwikrnu.com/Kentucky%20State%20Capitol/krs%20525%20060.pdf).

Leonard has added...Well, part of KRS 525.070 (http://www.kwikrnu.com/Kentucky%20State%20Capitol/krs%20525%20070.pdf) was declared unconstitutional (http://www.kwikrnu.com/Kentucky%20State%20Capitol/MUSSELMAN%20v%20commonwealth%201986%20ky%20krs%20525%20070%20unconstitutional.docx) years past. If the KSP attempts to use a disorderly conduct charge against me for lawfully open carrying a firearm as allowed under the Kentucky Constitution all I can say is I'll have another 1983 lawsuit on my hands, too bad it is still in the 6th Circuit. The Holland v Commonwealth (http://www.kwikrnu.com/Kentucky%20State%20Capitol/Holland%20v%20commonwealth%201956%20kentucky%20ky%20open%20carry.docx) lawsuit is on point when it declares that, "If the gun is worn outside the jacket or shirt in full view, no one may question the wearer's right so to do;"

CJStudent
01-06-2012, 07:42
Well, it appears he is going to Kentucky...

Open Carry Kentucky State Capitol (http://www.kwikrnu.com/open_carry_kentucky_state_capito.htm)Open Carry Kentucky State Capitol (http://www.kwikrnu.com/open_carry_kentucky_state_capito.htm)Leonard has added...

Great. I'm in Frankfort for the weekend, and drive past every day to work. I have a feeling this isn't going to end well for him, as KSP does NOT play. I really hope he gets the help he needs; preferably somewhere like Central State (mental hospital). If it's the other kind of treatment he gets, I hope the Trooper is able to deal with it as well as possible.

RussP
01-06-2012, 07:58
If any of you Kentucky LE types want a photo of Embody, just Google images for Leonard Embody.

CJStudent
01-06-2012, 08:05
If any of you Kentucky LE types want a photo of Embody, just Google images for Leonard Embody.

Hell, just google him in general. Lots of interesting material there.

FiremanMike
01-06-2012, 08:26
Oh... It's that guy.. How's his lawsuit going against the park ranger?

RussP
01-06-2012, 09:00
Oh... It's that guy.. How's his lawsuit going against the park ranger?Not well, but he says he will continue appealing right up to the SCOTUS.

http://www.kwikrnu.com/embody_v_ward.htm

siblueg
01-06-2012, 09:18
Thanks for the info

RussP
01-06-2012, 09:33
Here is his Atlanta Hartsfield non-event. Atlanta Hartsfield Airport Open Carry (http://www.kwikrnu.com/atlanta_hartsfield_airport_open.htm)I took a trip down to Atlanta and carried my AK-47 pistol with no problems. I found out later that the FBI, GBI, and GISAC had issued a watch list for me.He's very proud of his"watch list" status. He brings it up often, usually in the context that many, many Americans are on such lists.

merlynusn
01-06-2012, 09:39
He really needs to grow up. We have a "Armed to the Terror of the Public" law here. He'd fit that bill. Some guy holding an AK with a chest rig would be arrested for going to the Capitol in that.

And it's a shame he keeps giving gun owners a bad name because of his stupid antics. Instead of helping the gun cause he will hurt it and cause more restrictions.

FiremanMike
01-06-2012, 10:04
Not well, but he says he will continue appealing right up to the SCOTUS.

http://www.kwikrnu.com/embody_v_ward.htm

He wrote those documents himself, didn't he?

RussP
01-06-2012, 10:12
He wrote those documents himself, didn't he?Yes, I believe so..wait. He's got an atty for one case, okay, memory cell kicked in.

He once proclaimed that he had hired a friend of the family, former military officer, ex-cop, who was going to wipe the courtroom floor with Ranger Ward and all the State's witnesses. We know that didn't happen.

Even so, while he has legal representation, I would not put it past him to author the docs and have the attorney sign them.

m2hmghb
01-06-2012, 10:22
Yes, I believe so..wait. He's got an atty for one case, okay, memory cell kicked in.

He once proclaimed that he had hired a friend of the family, former military officer, ex-cop, who was going to wipe the courtroom floor with Ranger Ward and all the State's witnesses. We know that didn't happen.

Even so, while he has legal representation, I would not put it past him to author the docs and have the attorney sign them.

Remember when he lost his CCW Russ?:rofl:

RussP
01-06-2012, 10:23
He really needs to grow up. We have a "Armed to the Terror of the Public" law here. He'd fit that bill. Some guy holding an AK with a chest rig would be arrested for going to the Capitol in that.

And it's a shame he keeps giving gun owners a bad name because of his stupid antics. Instead of helping the gun cause he will hurt it and cause more restrictions.He found a sympathetic audience on georgiapacking.org, at least he was allowed to keep posting.

He even started talking about establishing residency in Ga so he could then carry in Tennessee. But, alas, On October 19, 2011 he wore out his welcome. He still mentions Ga, but not with the zeal from before.

I believe he's researched NC law. Probably decided the risk factor was higher.

He's looking to impact carry laws positively or negatively, he has stated he doesn't care. If he is prohibited from carrying, he'll work to extend that prohibition to all carriers.

RussP
01-06-2012, 10:30
Remember when he lost his CCW Russ?:rofl:When the State sent him copies of all the evidence they had discovered, he petitioned to stop the appeal hearing. He also went to court nad had the protective order taken out against him, which was dismissed under strange circumstances, expunged from his record. His comment about that was, "Now they'll never be able use that against me."

He amended his suit to recover his permit omitting any reference to the permanent suspension, pleading the unconstitutionality of Tennessee carry laws.

Yeah, I remember.

Of course, Leonard has started having selective amnesia when questioned about his posts on the internet. Those that put him in a good light he remembers. Those that hang him he does not recall whether he made them or not. He's alleged that every forum that banned him edited his posts, changed the words.

Osborne
01-08-2012, 17:22
Wow, I've read all the post in this thread, he needs help bad.

rookie1
01-08-2012, 20:33
Every once in a while in this like of work I will deal with someone by appearance only they make me mad, he does that for me. Then watching a you tube video and seeing him talk only confirms my dislike for him.

Dukeboy01
01-19-2012, 13:13
Bumped back to the top. So far no attempts to breach the perimeter...

RussP
01-19-2012, 13:44
I believe he is a little busy trying to verbally intimidate the BATFE into giving him a 01FFL.

http://www.kwikrnu.com/01_ffl_application.htm

p.d.
01-19-2012, 14:35
If Eric Holder really wants something to do, Leonard is your huckleberry...:rofl:

Sam Spade
01-19-2012, 14:38
I believe he is a little busy trying to verbally intimidate the BATFE into giving him a 01FFL.

http://www.kwikrnu.com/01_ffl_application.htm

Vintage kwik. "There are at least ten 01 FFL's that run businesses out of their homes in Williamson County. If the BATFE decides I cannot then I will attempt to shut the other FFL's down."

Cochese
01-19-2012, 14:41
www.kwikrnu.com

We reserve the right to refuse to do business with anyone at our sole discretion, that includes pigs

:crying:

p.d.
01-19-2012, 14:50
Wow, F U spelled out in cartridges. Stay classy, Lennie.

Cochese
01-19-2012, 14:52
:rofl:

razdog76
01-19-2012, 15:21
and where the pigs always pay more, because they should

There would be no way I would EVER give my my personal info to him, regardless of what I did for a living.:rofl:

FiremanMike
01-19-2012, 17:07
We reserve the right to refuse to do business with anyone at our sole discretion, that includes pigs.
Wow, I wonder if the ATF will look into his anger issues while they consider his FFL :whistling:

Can someone tell me what the difference is between an 01 FFL and an 03 FFL?

nyycanseco33
01-19-2012, 17:17
Wow, I wonder if the ATF will look into his anger issues while they consider his FFL :whistling:

Can someone tell me what the difference is between an 01 FFL and an 03 FFL?

Type 01 is to buy and sell guns as a business (typical gun shop) and the Type 03 is for buying and selling curios and relics (antique gun collecting)

FiremanMike
01-19-2012, 17:27
Type 01 is to buy and sell guns as a business (typical gun shop) and the Type 03 is for buying and selling curios and relics (antique gun collecting)

So his statement on his website of "so I can accept guns from out of state" is technically true, but likely well outside of the spirit of the 03 FFL.

What a ****** :(

Dukeboy01
01-19-2012, 17:28
There's been a bill introduced during this year's General Assembly that would eliminate the requirement for a permit in order to carry a concealed weapon. If Leonard shows up with his AR, that bill will be DOA about 10 minutes later.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/record/12RS/HB280.htm

RussP
01-19-2012, 17:39
If Eric Holder really wants something to do, Leonard is your huckleberry...:rofl::animlol:

nyycanseco33
01-19-2012, 17:44
Ok I'm gonna catch heat for this but here I go... Who is Eric Holder?

Dukeboy01
01-19-2012, 17:56
Ok I'm gonna catch heat for this but here I go... Who is Eric Holder?

Dude...

The Attorney General of the United States.

OctoberRust
01-19-2012, 18:35
dang Kentucky! you guys sure are lucky to have that guy fighting for your 2nd amendment rights! :rofl::rofl::tongueout:

m2hmghb
01-19-2012, 19:10
it would be amusing if every cop filed a class action against him for violation of civil rights, IE discrimination based upon employment.

RussP
02-05-2012, 11:34
Well, Leonard now has his 01FFL, so I would imagine you boys and girls in Kentucky are now in his sights...http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?333966-FBI-and-GBI-have-another-bulletin-out-on-me-for-inquiring-into-bearing-arms&p=4134667#post4134667

Federal Firearms License Results
Warning: No one may use this screen, in lieu of the required certified copy of a Federal Firearms License, to acquire a firearm.

License Number: 1-62-187-01-5C-05944

Expiration Date: 03/01/2015

License Name: EMBODY, LEONARD STANNIE

Trade Name: KWIKRNU ARMS

Premise Address:
6620 VALLEY DR
BRENTWOOD
TN - 37027

Mailing Address:
6620 VALLEY DR
BRENTWOOD
TN - 37027

RussP
02-05-2012, 11:38
Oh, but all you Tennessee cops, he does not offer any LE discount...Kwikrnu Arms (http://kwikrnu.com/)

"where the pigs always pay more, because they should"

"We reserve the right to refuse to do business with anyone at our sole discretion, that includes pigs."

Morris
02-05-2012, 13:29
Lordy . . . . Leonard is Gunkid version 2.0.

How long before he trips on his own schlong on a BATFE audit?

rabbivj
02-05-2012, 19:06
He found a sympathetic audience on georgiapacking.org, at least he was allowed to keep posting.

He even started talking about establishing residency in Ga so he could then carry in Tennessee. But, alas, On October 19, 2011 he wore out his welcome. He still mentions Ga, but not with the zeal from before.

I believe he's researched NC law. Probably decided the risk factor was higher.

He's looking to impact carry laws positively or negatively, he has stated he doesn't care. If he is prohibited from carrying, he'll work to extend that prohibition to all carriers.

Hes actually been banned from GPDO for a while now...

m2hmghb
02-05-2012, 19:15
Hey Russ I know you have some info on Leonard, maybe you should let the ATF know about his instability and delusions?

RussP
02-05-2012, 19:34
Hes actually been banned from GPDO for a while now...Yep, October 19 was his last day there...

RussP
02-05-2012, 19:46
Hey Russ I know you have some info on Leonard, maybe you should let the ATF know about his instability and delusions?Local, state and federal LE have a few pages of notes on him. :cool:

razdog76
02-05-2012, 19:57
Local, state and federal LE have a few pages of notes on him. :cool:

Soon it will be code named "Fast and Furious II," where they allow total wackjobs to obtain FFL's to see if they do wacky things with guns.

It is yet to be seen how ATF inspectors respond to his open carry issues while trying to inspect his store, since it is also apparently his residence.:whistling:

RussP
02-06-2012, 05:12
Soon it will be code named "Fast and Furious II," where they allow total wackjobs to obtain FFL's to see if they do wacky things with guns.

It is yet to be seen how ATF inspectors respond to his open carry issues while trying to inspect his store, since it is also apparently his residence.:whistling:How often do/could/would they inspect?

nyycanseco33
02-06-2012, 05:50
How often do/could/would they inspect?

Surprisingly it's not all that often unless they have reasons to suspect foul play or if a gun sold by the FFL was used in a crime which is standard procedure... Otherwise the random inspections are about every 5 to 10 years and can only be done during operational hours