ANOTHER Border Patrol Agent convicted on the word of a drug smugler. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER Border Patrol Agent convicted on the word of a drug smugler.

S.O.Interceptor
10-28-2011, 15:00
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/oct/25/border-agent-jaile-arrest-teen-drug-smuggler/

I wish I could post the article and go line by line through it and rant about each and everything that is wrong with it, but I can't.

The high points are:

15 year old smuggled 150lbs of dope.

He resisted.

Mexican consulate filed a complaint of behalf of the suspect alleging abuse, only a few hours after the arrest(another words before any details were known, they automatically filed due to the mere fact one of their criminals was arrested carrying their dope).

BPA was cleared by both the Homeland Security's Office of Inspector General and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Office of Professional Responsibility.

Mexico pushed for prosecution of the BPA.

A year later the Internal Affairs Division at U.S. Customs and Border Protection ruled differently.

U.S. Attorney gets involved.

Criminal is given immunity to testify.

Admittedly the criminal had no injuries other than from the backpack straps and from carrying 150lbs of dope. Photographs support this.

Another BPA on scene testified that nothing happened.

A couple of probationary BPAs claim to have seen the assault, but say nothing, go out to eat, and then report assault hours later.

Alleged witnesses made contradictory statements and admitted perjuring themselves.

Court took no action on the perjury.

BPA is convicted of "improperly lifting the arms" of the criminal.(What the hell does that even mean? And how is it a deprivation of his rights?)

And of course it's the Western District U.S. Attorney's Office in Texas, AGAIN.

:steamed:

Hack
10-28-2011, 15:55
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/oct/25/border-agent-jaile-arrest-teen-drug-smuggler/

I wish I could post the article and go line by line through it and rant about each and everything that is wrong with it, but I can't.

The high points are:

15 year old smuggled 150lbs of dope.

He resisted.

Mexican consulate filed a complaint of behalf of the suspect alleging abuse, only a few hours after the arrest(another words before any details were known, they automatically filed due to the mere fact one of their criminals was arrested carrying their dope).

BPA was cleared by both the Homeland Security's Office of Inspector General and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Office of Professional Responsibility.

Mexico pushed for prosecution of the BPA.

A year later the Internal Affairs Division at U.S. Customs and Border Protection ruled differently.

U.S. Attorney gets involved.

Criminal is given immunity to testify.

Admittedly the criminal had no injuries other than from the backpack straps and from carrying 150lbs of dope. Photographs support this.

Another BPA on scene testified that nothing happened.

A couple of probationary BPAs claim to have seen the assault, but say nothing, go out to eat, and then report assault hours later.

Alleged witnesses made contradictory statements and admitted perjuring themselves.

Court took no action on the perjury.

BPA is convicted of "improperly lifting the arms" of the criminal.(What the hell does that even mean? And how is it a deprivation of his rights?)

And of course it's the Western District U.S. Attorney's Office in Texas, AGAIN.

:steamed:

I am glad that I don't work there. I do hope everything in the end will turn out OK. Maybe he can sue for damages after he is cleared, be reinstated, transfer to another agency entirely. I heard from one fellow who was down there at Glynco for training sometime before I was there and even one of their own said to him he is better off in our own agency. I thought about working for them when I was younger. I am glad I don't any more.

walkin' trails
10-28-2011, 20:06
I hate to sound like a conspiracy theoricist, but it seems that the last four law enforcement officers in South/West Texas that have been prosecuted for allegedly using "excessive" force against a smuggling suspect have been Hispanic. With further allegations that the Mexican government has pushed for prosecutions, I wonder what the real agenda is all about? Something about all these cases really stinks when you see that these LEOs continue to stand proud and fight their convictions - contrary to those who are convicted on corruption charges....

Newcop761
10-28-2011, 20:28
Johnny Sutton's office. He's the one that needs to be investigated.

janice6
10-28-2011, 20:37
What a pathetic situation where a foreign government gets US/BPA people put in jail for anything happening on US soil.

Mexico needs a good apology by our Pres.................

Hack
10-28-2011, 22:17
What a pathetic situation where a foreign government gets US/BPA people put in jail for anything happening on US soil.

Mexico needs a good apology by our Pres.................

With apologies to those good folks in Mexico who are law abiding, Mexico's government needs to be told to, "Stay out of USA domestic law enforcement affairs." If I was in their country and willingly disobeying their laws I know I have an idea what would happen to me. It wouldn't be pretty, and I would be their guest for awhile, in one of their not so nice prisons.

COLOSHOOTR
10-28-2011, 22:42
I think it's about time our goverment quits bending over to Mexico. Afterall, we're the ones giving them millions in foreign aid, military/le training and weapons to combat the cartels.... Who needs who here?

So each time they cry about some BS complaint against one of our agants involving their criminals lets cut $1 million in aid so we can use that money to properly investigate the crimes and prosecute those who wronged their citizens. Bet they STFU then!

If we ask them to hand over a Fing Cop killer they won't do it unless we promise to go easy on them and will not allow him to be up for the death penalty or life in prison. Yet one of their CRIMINALS complains on our Law Enforcement and they demand action.... Then our govenment caves. WHAT A FING JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry sore subject with me a MX citizen killed one of our own then fled to MX and thats what happened).

Better yet I'm all about cutting all ties with that corrupt government, sealing the border up and shooting anyone who crosses.

Hack
10-28-2011, 22:48
I think it's about time our goverment quits bending over to Mexico. Afterall, we're the ones giving them millions in foreign aid, military/le training and weapons to combat the cartels...

So each time they ***** they are being wronged lets cut $1 million in aid so we can use that money to properly investigate the crimes and prosecute those who wronged their citizens. Bet they STFU then!

Better yet I'm all about cutting all ties with that corrupt government, sealing the border up and shooting anyone who crosses.

Although I understand the sentiment, that would not necessarily be a good thing. I am all for legal immigration, as long as it is not people who are coming in to undermine our government and our people. Unfortunately being part of the free world comes with certain risks. And, there are still good people down there trying to do what they can do, but I am sure they feel like the boy plugging the finger in the dike to keep everyone from being flooded out.

COLOSHOOTR
10-28-2011, 22:53
Although I understand the sentiment, that would not necessarily be a good thing. I am all for legal immigration, as long as it is not people who are coming in to undermine our government and our people. Unfortunately being part of the free world comes with certain risks. And, there are still good people down there trying to do what they can do, but I am sure they feel like the boy plugging the finger in the dike to keep everyone from being flooded out.

I know... I have no issues with the ones that do it legally. Things are also such a mess down there they don't really have the power to deal with the problem. It's just something that really ticks me off since we cave to whatever they want but they will refuse extradition for Cop killers unless once again we do as they want. I just think 5 minutes after our Gov't put their foot down and did something of the sort the MX Gov't would call saying they were very sorry, will give us whatever we want and will beg for us to help them again.

Hack
10-28-2011, 22:59
I know... I have no issues with the ones that do it legally. Things are also such a mess down there they don't really have the power to deal with the problem. It's just something that really ticks me off since we cave to whatever they want but they will refuse extradition for Cop killers unless once again we do as they want.

I hear you. We have a bunch incarcerated in prison for being caught crossing illegally once too many times. But, they go home courtesy of US transportation, and some come back yet again. It's maddening. I had one tell me about how he was a mule, another how he was a coyote. But, most of these I dealt with were all criminals who came in clandestinely and were later caught. Occasionally we get the one who was just trying to make a living and all of that, and indeed there are those out there. But, if I got caught in some places over there illegally, guess what might happen. I think we need to come up with sterner ways of dealing with illegals regardless of where they come from, and trust me there are a bunch of those from other parts of the world.

The ones who scare me a little bit more now a days are the radical Islamic people who are taking advantage of our system to work it to their advantage, in order to increase themselves in given areas of the country in order to take over and make it like it is at their home country.

G23
10-29-2011, 08:21
I don't see what you're all complaining about. After all, Eric Holder is on the job protecting us all. He and his buddy Obummer will stand up for truth, justice, and the American way of life! :rofl:

Newcop761
10-29-2011, 18:50
I don't see what you're all complaining about. After all, Eric Holder is on the job protecting us all. He and his buddy Obummer will stand up for truth, justice, and the American way of life! :rofl:

The American way of life is bad. Americans have and consume too much. Maobama is really more of a world citizen type thinker.

/sarcasm

:puking:

collim1
10-30-2011, 00:49
I went to the academy with a former border patrol agent. That agency is a mess, I coudn't imagine trying to work for them.

Hack
10-30-2011, 00:58

You drinking the kool aid?:supergrin: