Cochese and other CO folks [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cochese and other CO folks

wprebeck
10-28-2011, 17:14
This is me, pointing and laughing at Denver PD. Feeling a bit sorry for them, too. DPD is getting the LMPD chief. PM if you want details....but, ain't nobody gonna miss him.

p.d.
10-28-2011, 17:36
Man, that's harsh. :rofl:

articulate
10-28-2011, 17:38
I just logged on for the first time in months, with the sole purpose of posting a "Anyone work for Louisville?" thread, but you beat me to it...

So please, do tell. EVERYTHING.

The-Fly
10-28-2011, 21:57
I'm not the least bit surprised. Denver politically and as a community despises law enforcement, and they have been undergoing a de-policing ala Chicago for some time now. Its only going to get worse, and I fully expect Denver's crime rate to explode to levels similar to Detroit in the near future.

Hack
10-28-2011, 22:06
I'm not the least bit surprised. Denver politically and as a community despises law enforcement, and they have been undergoing a de-policing ala Chicago for some time now. Its only going to get worse, and I fully expect Denver's crime rate to explode to levels similar to Detroit in the near future.

Colorado is a shall issue state when it comes to hand gun concealed carry permits. I hope they go up in number amongst those eligible to have one.

COLOSHOOTR
10-28-2011, 22:24
:crying:

Knute
10-28-2011, 22:25
WHAT??? But the paper said he is AWESOME!!! Yeah, I'd like to say I am surprised...but I ain't.

spears
10-29-2011, 09:17
Colorado is a shall issue state when it comes to hand gun concealed carry permits. I hope they go up in number amongst those eligible to have one.

It is, but Denver has a bunch of home rule pre-emptions that they won in court IIRC. Odd city, great coppers.

spears
10-29-2011, 09:17
:crying:

:grouphug:

CW Mock
10-29-2011, 09:30
It is, but Denver has a bunch of home rule pre-emptions that they won in court IIRC. Odd city, great coppers.

Sometimes I wonder if we should put Denver under the rest of the state's boot ... Lol!

I feel bad for DPD.

Morris
10-29-2011, 09:40
Wow. Thing have changed since I was stationed there 25 years ago.

The-Fly
10-29-2011, 10:53

They still have to issue and honor CCW's though, which pisses Denver off to no end. :supergrin:

Hollywood D
10-29-2011, 17:24

The metro area in general sucks butt. But hey, if that's how they want it then so be it. Don't come crying to me when you continue to be victimized. Things are getting bad. I went on a few calls today where the complainant would not talk to me because I was white and so was my partner. It's getting really weird around here. Soon as I hit retirement I'm out of this state.

seanmcp
10-29-2011, 22:50
I'm not involved in LE at all, but I've lived and worked in and around Louisville my entire life. Chief White is a clown, and I'm glad to see him gone. I'm praying our next chief is better. I'm also hoping Denver doesn't waste as many years on him as our city did. Buyer beware. Oh, and watch out for his son, okay? A real piece of work.

merlynusn
10-30-2011, 10:30
The metro area in general sucks butt. But hey, if that's how they want it then so be it. Don't come crying to me when you continue to be victimized. Things are getting bad. I went on a few calls today where the complainant would not talk to me because I was white and so was my partner. It's getting really weird around here. Soon as I hit retirement I'm out of this state.

That's easy. You go ahead and say "available for calls."

Then when they try to officer shop, you go back and if they still won't talk. The third time you lock them up for misuse of 911.

Cochese
10-31-2011, 01:03
That's easy. You go ahead and say "available for calls."

Then when they try to officer shop, you go back and if they still won't talk. The third time you lock them up for misuse of 911.

:supergrin:

Sounds like Knute got the good end of the deal with his new boss.

Ours will be retiring pretty soon as well. I hope to be gone by then.

I was gonna post a thread for Wes, sink, G30 et al and ask about this cat. He's already making an ass out of himself saying our crappy reputation is deserved.

How TF would you know, jerk stain?

Denver shoulda bought in house. I almost took DPD over the other two offers I had in 08. If I were you guys, I'd be Code 10 outta there. Its gonna get worse.

CJStudent
10-31-2011, 03:39

I was gonna post a thread for Wes, sink, G30 et al and ask about this cat. He's already making an ass out of himself saying our crappy reputation is deserved.

Denver shoulda bought in house. I almost took DPD over the other two offers I had in 08. If I were you guys, I'd be Code 10 outta there. Its gonna get worse.

He's a ********* that nobody on LMPD likes. My aunt, who just retired from there recently, can't stand the sum*****.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

COLOSHOOTR
10-31-2011, 03:56

I think you already know my opinion on this but for now to the Airport I go....