My SLLLOOOWWW 2nd Build... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My SLLLOOOWWW 2nd Build...

shooter9696
10-29-2011, 13:03
1st build: Stag lower and Stag 2HT Upper with Tapco furniture. A fine first basic build.

2nd build plan: Noveske 2nd Gen Lower, Wilson Combat LPK, Magpul furniture and Noveske 14.5" LO-PRO Upper.

PLAN
Step #1. Buy lower as soon as Rainier Arms is back in stock.
Step #2. Buy LPK, stock and grip.
Step #3. Save a LONG time for the upper...

Anyone else build like this?

RYNOCG201
10-29-2011, 13:25
I have two lowers waiting to be built. I will be using a similar process, with special emphasis on save for a long time. I'd like to make one a bare bones carbine, and one into something aimed towards more precision.

Clint-M
10-29-2011, 13:41
I tend to get a build done pretty quickly and buy things on a whim that I don't necessarily need or want. Then I end up selling whatever I'm unhappy with for a loss and starting over again. In the process now if anyone is looking for a BCM upper. :embarassed:

I always say I'll do things slowly but once I get a few pieces in I get too impatient and it costs me.

CM

txgunguy
10-29-2011, 15:52
I literally just ordered a stripped lower and am going to do this exactly. But I'll probably get my upper next month.

My first ar I bought already assembled and slapped them together. After watching how to put a lower together, it's so easy I've got to do it myself.

Any recommendations on lpks? I'm leaning toward a palmetto state amory one.

ddbtoth
10-29-2011, 16:01
I look and plan for weeks after I buy some lowers. Then it starts to drive me crazy and I snap and buy everything. I put together my first build last night, now I wondering what to do with the next one. Maybe do a pistol build for a back up gun--don't know yet.

nastytrigger
10-29-2011, 16:06
I bought my first rifle and built my second. Building is much more fun, you can personalize as you wish, and you have a 'relationship' with the rifle because you built it yourself.

shooter9696
10-29-2011, 22:53
Any recommendations on lpks? I'm leaning toward a palmetto state amory one.

The only one I've purchased was a stag. It was stag through and through.

For my next build I'm going to do a Wilson Combat lpk (on their site) as they're only $50 (cheaper than most I've seen).

ddbtoth
10-30-2011, 12:04
I used a PSA LPK-went together well, except for the trigger roll pin--you got to really smack it-make sure to support the other side or you will snap off the ear on the other side of the receive. I hear Colt makes a really good LPK, but honestly I think they all come from the same pieces and parts manufacturer.