Stubborn Trigger Pin on gen 4 26... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn Trigger Pin on gen 4 26...

kevinfromwebb
10-29-2011, 19:13
Hey Guys, I was going to put an extended slide release and 3.5 connector on my new gen 4 model 26... took out the locking block pin and then went to remove the trigger pin and it's tighter than I've ever seen... I"ve only changed 3 or 4 and usually it's just a push or I can tap the punch with my hand and it starts out... I'm trying to push it out from the slide stop side and the slide stop seems free and not binding... Any ideas??? How hard should you tap it??? I"ve only used my hand so far...

Thanks for any help...

Kevin

Glockrunner
10-29-2011, 19:26
The trigger pin isn't held tightly by anything. The slide stop is what is holding it from moving.

There is a shallow groove on the pin that the slide stoop sits in and is held there with spring tension.

Remove the slide. Lay the receiver on it's right side. GENTLY push on the trigger pin while pulling/pushing the slide stop back and forth and the pin will drop out of the groove.

kevinfromwebb
10-29-2011, 19:46
Thanks Glockrunner... Took the slide back off and wiggled the slide stop while pushing and it finally went... Thanks again... Now to install the new connector and slide stop...

Kevin

Glockrunner
11-01-2011, 04:41
Thanks Glockrunner... Took the slide back off and wiggled the slide stop while pushing and it finally went... Thanks again... Now to install the new connector and slide stop...

Kevin
After installing the connector, just be SURE to install the locking block pin first.

Then install the Slide Stop and the trigger pin, in that order.

Test the Slide Stop by lifting it up away from the frame. It should snap (spring loaded) back down on the receiver.

Reattach the slide and components... Safety test the gun.