Need advice, 686-6" shoulder holster? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need advice, 686-6" shoulder holster?

garyo
10-31-2011, 18:35
Anybody have any advice on a good solid shoulder holster? I will not try to conceal intentionally, mostly open carry. Would like something that will be adjustable to wear over a shirt or light jacket.

Thanks,
Gary

gunsmoke92
11-02-2011, 21:31
Take a look at the Bianchi X15. Very good holsters, in fact I've got one I bought in the early 80's, and except for the elastic strap is still in excellent shape.

garyo
11-04-2011, 10:14
I was looking at the X15 and the other one that they have. Is their a strap on the weak side to attach a couple of speed loaders? I could not find that info on their web site.

Thanks,
Gary

gunsmoke92
11-04-2011, 20:20
The X15 is pretty much a holster only rig, as the elastic strap only wraps around the shoulders and the bottom of the holster attaches to the belt. I believe there is another model, which sports a horizontal holster, with cross straps that attaches to the belt on both sides and allows the addition of mag pouches on the non-holster side. I believe Galco makes a model similar to it as well.

If you or someone you know is handy with leather, you could probably make a drop down strap from the X15s shoulder strap to your belt, which would allow you to add a couple speed loader holders.