Swamp Fox ammo... Now I understand [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Swamp Fox ammo... Now I understand

ColGlocker
11-01-2011, 13:26
I had ordered a box of Swamp Fox ammo, which arrived last week. Today, finally, I was able to visit the gun range and check out the ammo.

I first shot a few of the Georgia Arms (GA) ammo. Kind of a way to get a baseline. Then I shot 5 rounds of SF ammo. All I can say is WOW. The gun almost jumped out of my hands. It was as if I could almost feel the gun flex with the force of the round.

Besides GA, I have also shot Hornady, and Double Tap. All I can say is WOW. The second thru fifth round were better controlled. I can't believe how much power the G29 can handle and how watered down the other rounds are compared to SF.

Thanks to Mike from SF for the education experience. lol

arushus
11-01-2011, 15:06
Awesome! Glad to see there is another convert! Which rounds did u buy?

21Carrier
11-01-2011, 15:07
That's awesome. Once you shoot some hot stuff, everything else just feels so pitiful. And the G29 is really the best way to experience 10mm. After shooting a few hundred rounds through my G20LS, my G29 felt like an absolute monster. I have a few new friends that have never shot a 10mm, and they want to go shoot. They have an XD in .40S&W and a couple of .38 Special revolvers. I can't wait to hand them the G29 with some mean stuff in the magazine. It's always fun to see someone light off their first hot 10mm round.

G29SF
11-04-2011, 09:02
Yup...

My first experience with Swamp Fox Ammo was with my G29SF a month ago on a trip to SD. WOW was the best way to describe it.

I was shooting his Premium High Velocity, Fully Supported Chamber Only stuff in 180gr and 200gr Hornady XTPs. Way cool stuff.

I have some 135gr Noslers and more 200gr XTPs on the way.

Everytime I read a statement about how a .40 isn't much different than the 10, I just shake my head and laugh.

Swamp Fox Ammo brought a whole new excitement to my 10MMs...

arushus
11-04-2011, 16:35
I agree wholeheartedly, swampfox ammo touches me in ways that only my old uncle allen used to while I was sitting on his lap...

inspectorjj
11-04-2011, 17:31
I agree wholeheartedly, swampfox ammo touches me in ways that only my old uncle allen used to while I was sitting on his lap...

Way, Way, too much information. Now I know why you are into guns.

TreyG-20
11-04-2011, 22:38
This made me lol:rofl:

Angry Fist
11-04-2011, 22:40
I won't get mine till after opening day... :crying: Guess my DT Barnes will have to drop that big-ass buck.

pizza_pablo
11-05-2011, 13:08
^^THIS^^ made me cringe. I don't even want to know what it really means.
BAD WORD PICS, BAD WORD PICS! :wow:

arushus
11-05-2011, 13:15
Should I include pictures? I think I have a few from back in the day...He used to always love halloween too, he would take all my candy and hide it and tell me I had to find it...for some reason it was always in the same place, his pockets, he made me dig in there and get it out every time too, said I had to work for his candy....

pizza_pablo
11-05-2011, 19:25
Should I include pictures? I think I have a few from back in the day...He used to always love halloween too, he would take all my candy and hide it and tell me I had to find it...for some reason it was always in the same place, his pockets, he made me dig in there and get it out every time too, said I had to work for his candy....

...and you wrote all that with no smileys! :puking:

arushus
11-05-2011, 19:36
:whistling:

btj
11-06-2011, 13:23
Welcome to the Swamp Fox club. Definitely my favorite among the full power 10mm makers!

leeward419
11-06-2011, 14:27
Hi, I hae been on their site, looks like I would like to try some, can anyone tell me what you are using for springweights and guide rods?
thank you

inspectorjj
11-06-2011, 14:31
Hi, I hae been on their site, looks like I would like to try some, can anyone tell me what you are using for springweights and guide rods?
thank you

I shoot nothing but Swamp Fox. I use a 22 lb. spring and stainless steel guide rod. I have had 0 FTFs with this setup on my G20.

deadandgone
11-06-2011, 14:39
Yes indeed, Swamp Fox is the way to go. If you want a smile that lasts for days, load up some of his finest 10 mm. All the handguns I carry have Swamp Fox ammo in them(10 mm, 40 cal, 357 mag). I sleep well at night and have fun at the range.

Mike knows what he is doing, and lives up to his word. I can't give a higher recommendation to a man and his products.

Slackinoff
11-06-2011, 17:10

I have never laughed so hard at something I read on the Internet. Thank you for your funny collection of words.

arushus
11-06-2011, 19:20
thank you

I use a lwd ss guide rod with a 22lb ISMI recoil spring. Even weak tulammo .40cal can cycle just fine in it. I wish I had gotten a 24lb spring. My swampfox brass still flies ten to fifteen feet...

I have never laughed so hard at something I read on the Internet. Thank you for your funny collection of words.

He man, no problem...If I think of any more good "uncle allen" stories Ill be sure to share them. He always taught me to share. ;)

PrecisionRifleman
11-06-2011, 19:21

LMFAO!! WTF OVER!:rofl:

Taterhead
11-06-2011, 23:15

Good Lord!

I don't know whether to laugh or to throw up a tad bit in my mouth.

This thread has been tainted.

gator378
11-07-2011, 15:05
Welcome to the Swamp Fox club. Definitely my favorite among the full power 10mm makers!

Guess have to get the card out and order some 200 grain stuff

G29SF
11-07-2011, 16:12
Guess have to get the card out and order some 200 grain stuff

That 200gr "Premium max velocity Fully Supported Chamber Only" stuff is quite impressive.

I started out shooting Blazer target ammo. This turned out to be pretty good stuff for target ammo. It was available at my local range so I shot it for a while. Then I started to look for something "better".

I then went through the normal channels... Hornady, Winchester, CorBon, etc. Honestly, not much felt difference could be had.

I then found Double Tap. The variety combined with impressive numbers (published) I really like them. They felt like they had a bit more punch, but nothing groundbreaking.

Then came Swamp Fox. All of the ammo I previously shot differed in small increments. This stuff was a great leap forward. Ear-to-ear grin!

Angry Fist
11-07-2011, 19:03
That 200gr "Premium max velocity Fully Supported Chamber Only" stuff is quite impressive.

I started out shooting Blazer target ammo. This turned out to be pretty good stuff for target ammo. It was available at my local range so I shot it for a while. Then I started to look for something "better".

I then went through the normal channels... Hornady, Winchester, CorBon, etc. Honestly, not much felt difference could be had.

I then found Double Tap. The variety combined with impressive numbers (published) I really like them. They felt like they had a bit more punch, but nothing groundbreaking.

Then came Swamp Fox. All of the ammo I previously shot differed in small increments. This stuff was a great leap forward. Ear-to-ear grin!
Similar experience here. Cain't wait for my 200 grainers this weekend. I have been through several DT's, which are pretty good, and their Barnes was my carry load for a while. Lotsa cheep UMC for the hell of it. Got some Buffalo Bore once, but hard to find. Never tried Georgia Arms. Silvertips are everywhere. I have a stash of them. They keep me safe.

arushus
11-08-2011, 10:36
Underwood ammo also meets their published velocities. 180gr @1300fps!

jerzeydevil77
11-11-2011, 15:07
Which 10mm loads from swamp fox do you guys recommend?

btj
11-11-2011, 16:49
I use the 165gr and 180gr Gold Dots for both my G29 and my CBOB.

swinokur
11-11-2011, 17:31
In my Smith and Wesson 10 series and my G29 with an after market Storm Lake barrel I use the 180g 1400 FPS XTP's

In my Colt Delta Elites I use either the 180g Gold Dots or the 175g Silver Tips.

TreyG-20
11-11-2011, 18:51
I like the Frag Nasty 135gr Noslers myself.

4949shooter
11-13-2011, 09:53
In my Smith and Wesson 10 series and my G29 with an after market Storm Lake barrel I use the 180g 1400 FPS XTP's

In my Colt Delta Elites I use either the 180g Gold Dots or the 175g Silver Tips.

Swinokur, what weight recoil spring are you runnng in your Delta?

swinokur
11-13-2011, 16:39
I am using stock springs rated at 23 pounds.

4949shooter
11-13-2011, 18:44
Okay thanks..

Kegs
11-14-2011, 11:04
This forum rocks - some sick funny humor in this thread - nice job!

arushus
11-14-2011, 11:07
This forum rocks - some sick funny humor in this thread - nice job!

Humor? Who was joking? I see nothing funny about having your uncle touch you in the no-no place, even though he always had a smile on his face...

ok, so ya, I might have embellished, JUST a lil bit....

glock20c10mm
11-20-2011, 00:22
Swamp Fox rules!:rock:

Now as for Uncle Allen.......am I going to hell for laughing so hard I fell off the chair, woke the neighbors, and now don't seem to have a voice left?

I'm thinking I better not forget my prayers tonight! Probably in need of some forgiveness.

arushus
11-20-2011, 00:48
Swamp Fox rules!:rock:

Now as for Uncle Allen.......am I going to hell for laughing so hard I fell off the chair, woke the neighbors, and now don't seem to have a voice left?

I'm thinking I better not forget my prayers tonight! Probably in need of some forgiveness.

Its ok to do bad stuff like that, as long as you dont tell any other adults...at least that's what uncle allen said...

glock20c10mm
11-20-2011, 01:22
Its ok to do bad stuff like that, as long as you dont tell any other adults...at least that's what uncle allen said...
Do you recall looking back at him like...

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s271/glock20c10mm/Facepalms%20and%20Such/angry_baby.jpg

4949shooter
11-20-2011, 06:06
Do you recall looking back at him like...

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s271/glock20c10mm/Facepalms%20and%20Such/angry_baby.jpg

Haha...he is PISSED!