Where's the Best Deal for a SA BCG? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Best Deal for a SA BCG?

TedG
11-01-2011, 14:28
I'm trying to find a shrouded firing pin BCG for my post ban Colt. New or used. Any suggestions?

surf
11-01-2011, 23:33
I'm trying to find a shrouded firing pin BCG for my post ban Colt. New or used. Any suggestions?They can be found new at Bravo Company, DSG Arms, Brownells, just to name a few. You may also be able to find used versions from those who are upgrading to a FA carrier. You might also try Specialized Armament for genuine Colt but they are not cheap.

TedG
11-02-2011, 07:28
Thanks Surf. My concern was the sear block and making sure I can use a shrouded BCG that clears it.

surf
11-02-2011, 10:50
Yep them pesky sear blocks. OTOH, I have an AR15A3 that was made in the dark years that runs a full half cut semi carrier and the weapon runs great and I probably put about 7-8K through it without issues. My preference is for an auto carrier however if the weapon can take one that is. I have done some removals of the sear block, but if you have the carrier you need, the weapon will run great, it is just much easier to find the auto carrier and the standardized pin parts these days as opposed to the parts for post ban models. I would just buy the spare parts and hold onto them if you find and think you might need them as those parts are not really being produced anymore since Colt and everyone else is pretty much standardizing things nowadays. Or down the line you could have the sear block removed if you feel it is necessary.

TedG
11-02-2011, 11:16
Yep them pesky sear blocks. OTOH, I have an AR15A3 that was made in the dark years that runs a full half cut semi carrier and the weapon runs great and I probably put about 7-8K through it without issues. My preference is for an auto carrier however if the weapon can take one that is. I have done some removals of the sear block, but if you have the carrier you need, the weapon will run great, it is just much easier to find the auto carrier and the standardized pin parts these days as opposed to the parts for post ban models. I would just buy the spare parts and hold onto them if you find and think you might need them as those parts are not really being produced anymore since Colt and everyone else is pretty much standardizing things nowadays. Or down the line you could have the sear block removed if you feel it is necessary.

Thanks again. I'm being told that it is a collectable item and that I shouldn't remove the sear block. I've decided to sell it to someone that can appreciate the post-ban with pre-ban accessories. I'm just going to pick up a new 6520.

http://glocktalk.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=17863&title=collectorsgenuine-colt-government-carbine&cat=5