Left handed bolt rifle suggestions? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Left handed bolt rifle suggestions?

1041TX
11-01-2011, 19:35
Howdy all-

Sucks being left handed, especially when looking for a bolt gun.

I'm looking for something to play with at the range to get my target shooting skills up. I looked at the Savage MKII GL but the banana-esque mag sticking out kills it for me. I'm looking for something a little more refined but that isn't going to break the bank. Too bad there isn't a MKII TR in a left handed version.

The CZ 452 American looks promising. Truth be told, I'm kinda partial to a synthetic stock.

Thoughts?

vafish
11-02-2011, 04:37
IIRC savage has a lower capacity mag for the mkii.

Look at the other mkii models on savages web site and you can see it.

PlasticGuy
11-02-2011, 19:33
Savage makes 5 round mags in addition to the 10 round mags. When I saw the thread title though, CZ was my first thought. It's a classy .22 and it is unbelievably accurate. Mine is right handed, but I see ne reason why the left handed version wouldn't be just as accurate.

1041TX
11-03-2011, 06:40
Cool. Thanks guys!

buyobuyo
11-03-2011, 08:37
When I was looking for my left-hand bolt .22 I looked Savages but they didn't do it for me. I went with a CZ 452 American. It's a great little gun, and the factory mag is a 5 rounder. They do make a 10 round mag if you decide you want one. Only downside is that the mags are expensive ($30+).

mgs
11-03-2011, 08:39
I have a Remington 581L and love it. They do show up once in a while at gun shows/shops. 24 or 26" barrel and a tack driver, Mike.

hagan34
11-16-2011, 23:34
I went with a savage when I bought my .17. Stacked the first 3 shots out of it on top of each other.... Almost went with the CZ but that lil 17 is tack driver. If your not on a tight budget anschutz are hard to beat.

SouthpawShooter
11-17-2011, 06:31
As long as the grip or stock isn't some weird shape that makes it impossible to shoot it left handed, just learn to work the bolt on a standard rifle.

My ex had a TC that I couldn't shoot because the grip was molded for use in the right hand, and that was weird. Come to think of it, she had a Makarov that had the same thing. Couldn't shoot that either.

But I have no problem working the bolt with my right. I kinda like it because if I ever had to rapid fire, I could do it faster than a righty could.

P.S. Yeah, I know it's a movie, but check out how the American sniper (Barry Pepper) in "Saving Pvt. Ryan" works his rifle. He's a lefty shooter with a right handed bolt action.

MedicOni
11-17-2011, 11:02
I really want a MkII left handed. I had a right handed version which I loved, even if I had to reach across the rifle to work the bolt.

Southpaw69
12-12-2011, 22:49
I'm left handed and have always used right handed bolt actions. I never had the option of a left handed version so I just got used to using my right hand to work the bolt...it's not so bad.