1 pot cooks [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 1 pot cooks

ronduke
11-02-2011, 10:13
(good illustration with the article)
Micro Meth Labs Run Riot
Undermanned Police Play Whack-a-Mole Hunting Down Soda-Bottle Outfits

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204505304577000080956670836.html?mod=WSJ_WSJ_US_News_3#

Kadetklapp
11-02-2011, 12:39
We've been dealing with these for years. We call them "dump labs" or "bucket labs" because the cook will mix up a small batch and "dump it" hoping it doesn't get found while it cooks. He may make three or four of these up and stash around the country side in a cooler or bucket hoping he can get dope from maybe one of them. Around here, the popular thing to do was hang them in trees or telephone poles and let them cook over night. Early morning you put your pipe down, load up in the Monte Carlo, and drive around trying to remember where you stashed your buckets, all the while leaving a trail of lab trash in the ditch for us to track you with.

Usually the owners of these dump labs are in the final stages of addiction. They are simply doing what has to be done to get a little bit of dope to sustain the high, they don't care what the quality of it is or how unsafe it is and they don't really care if they get caught. All they want to do is get their dope. These aren't revenue generating labs. They waste a lot of dough in this process but they don't care, they just want to get high by any means necessary.

JBaird22
11-02-2011, 14:45
We still see mostly the full on labs. Not too much of the one pot stuff.

You'd be amazed, even with the publicity and known danger to the general public meth labs are, that officers don't have a clue what they're looking at when they're staring down all the precursors to a lab (which is a felony in my state).

Kadetklapp
11-02-2011, 14:51
We still see mostly the full on labs. Not too much of the one pot stuff.

You'd be amazed, even with the publicity and known danger to the general public meth labs are, that officers don't have a clue what they're looking at when they're staring down all the precursors to a lab (which is a felony in my state).

Don't even get me started. My dad went to Quantico for the DEA's Clan Lab technician school in 2003. He came back with a mountain of knowledge on the lab process and the kinds of toxic waste can be generated from it. They even made the dope during the course, in a controlled environment obviously. I've got a picture on my desk of him doing it! :cool:

He was a one-man meth information dispenser. He held lots of classes with civic groups and other LE and public safety agencies giving talks on what to do if you find disposed meth labs. Had a great presentation. He specifically warned the cops on the road to never, ever, under any circumstances sniff anything, stick their heads in anything, put anything in their squad cars to transport to a dumpster, etc.

Now that he's been gone it's back to "Welp, got some meth trash here, let's toss it in the trunk of the charger and drive around with it half the day before we remember to toss it in the dumpster, and screw throwing any baking soda and water in it, it's fine."

Can't believe no one has gotten hurt yet.

DaBigBR
11-02-2011, 17:31
We haven't seen a whole ton of one pot here, but they've seen it huge in other parts of the state. The sudafed law did a good job initially, but it's started to creep back up pretty good, especially in counties bordering other states. Even though some other states have a sudafed law also, the logs aren't compared, so they can buy double the product without trouble. Even here, it takes a long series of purchases for them to get charged.

PROSOUTH
11-02-2011, 17:44
We call it "Shake N Bake" here. My crew got ten labs out of houses just last week, it's everywhere, finding it is kinda like stepping' in $4*T in the barnyard it's hard not too.

We work off of a list from ephedrine sales at the local drug stores that we pull up on computer. You have to sign and provide Photo ID to purchase it no matter who you are. If we see two or more sales to one person we knock on your door and ask to come in and do a walk through and or resort to other ways of finding out if you are cooking (CI).

It is legal to buy three packs a month in TN. Some of the sales we check on are to elderly folks that are Smurfing for the cook, they buy the ephedrine for them and then resell it for up to $50 bucks a pack to Meth Cooks to supplement their insufficient incomes.

I have some info somewhere on a new method the DEA gave us last year and we haven't encountered it yet. It was a method found in upper New England I believe. It's only a piece of pipe with a cap on each end and three or four ingredients inserted that are heated with a propane torch to produce Meth, takes ten minutes to make a batch.

I see th meth and the damage done.................

RyanNREMTP
11-03-2011, 05:18
We're mostly seeing the mobile meth labs around here.

Kadetklapp
11-03-2011, 06:33
The newest thing here, which makes them harder to catch, is the use of instant cold packs versus going over to local Co-Op to steal Anhydrous. The ingredient in the cold packs is the same as the Ammonia.

AngryBassets
11-03-2011, 12:29
I'm so pleased this hasn't hit here yet. Of course, all our turds are heroin addicts so hopefully that'll give them a head start into the grave.

EDIT: I opened this thread thinking it was a crock pot recipe thread. I'm fat.

series1811
11-03-2011, 12:30
We call it "Shake N Bake" here. ..

Us, too. :supergrin: