New cop show hoping it takes off. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New cop show hoping it takes off.

jwhite75
11-02-2011, 21:16
There will be a new show on Animal Planet, 11/8, at 10 PM. It is called "Country Justice" It features the Fayette County Sheriff's Dept. here in WV, and their K-9 officers.

If it does well they will give them a series. I am hoping no slick editing makes us look like a bunch of backwoods jokers. These guys are my colleagues and friends. Theyy work hard training with their dogs and are very proud of their work.

If you can watch please do. These guys and dogs are all great officers, and deserve soem good attention.

DaBigBR
11-03-2011, 08:30
I'll definitely give it a shot. I liked "K9 Cops" that ran one season (I think) and followed the Saint Paul, MN K9 unit.

Kadetklapp
11-03-2011, 09:57
I'll definitely give it a shot. I liked "K9 Cops" that ran one season (I think) and followed the Saint Paul, MN K9 unit.

Man the St. Paul K9 guys drove some BEATER commissions. Always felt bad for them...:shocked:

rookie1
11-03-2011, 10:28

I enjoyed this show. I also enjoyed Rookies on A&E which was also only 1 season.

jwhite75
11-03-2011, 11:26
This is rural hill country down here. Our guys are lucky and have decent rides for their pooches.

If they do good with viewers on this pilot, then they get a whole season renewal. Be great for our area.

rookie1
11-03-2011, 13:37
Does the dept. or the K9 unit get any extra funding by participating in the show. You see all these reality shows and wonder how much the individual or department get from the money the TV network soaks up.

jwhite75
11-04-2011, 21:24
Does the dept. or the K9 unit get any extra funding by participating in the show. You see all these reality shows and wonder how much the individual or department get from the money the TV network soaks up.

Not sure... I'm sure some for of monetary payment changes hands. I work as a probation officer and have seen them in the offices and parking lots with the film crews and talked to a few of them anecdotally. Just not privvy to those details.