New MA Compliant gun list [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New MA Compliant gun list

gordonfactor
11-04-2011, 16:40
Howdy from the Democratic People's Republic of Moonbatistan. The new Approved Firearms Roster has just been published by the local Politburo. We finally have the privilege of buying new H&K's though only 2 versions of the USP in .40. My big problem is with Smith & Wesson. They seem to take FOREVER to get any new models made ok to sell here. For example, I'm in the market for a new polymer frame mid sized .45 ACP. I want a M&P 45 compact. That gun came out in 2008 I think. It's on the "Approved Roster" but I was told at Four Seasons in Woburn and S&W store in Springfield that it was not yet compliant. WTF??? Why is it that companies like Ruger and Sig come out with new stuff and it's pretty much available pretty quick? I get the feeling that S&W doesn't put a big priority on in state sales. I don't know how else to explain it. Their new GOVERNOR .45 LC/.410 wheelgun is for sale. How many of those are they going to sell? Every size and caliber M&P should be for sale. I'm sick of paying $600 and up for 12 year old Glocks! That Sig P250 in .45 may be my protest buy. I'll "settle" for a Sig anyday.

sorry for the long rant but those that live where I do know that misery loves company!:steamed:

Sbh87
11-29-2011, 23:10
As a fellow comrade in the People's Republic I feel your pain. My biggest complaint is with the list itself. I love how something could be on the list but still too evil for us civilians to own. I also agree Smith and Wesson takes a long time, sometimes too long, in getting guns put though the test but I still feel like they are committed to making guns compliant for us. And I'm 100% with you on the Glock issue. The only reason I refuse to buy one is because at the newest it will be 12 years old and that's if you are lucky to find one that new and $600 is just robbery in my opinion. My friend from CT got 2 gently used Glocks one a 17 the other a 36 for 700 even for both!!! Both guns not more than 2 years old. This states gun rights or lack there of is just embarrassing. Considering how much this state had to do with the forming of our country and its freedoms, this state should be so free and patriotic it makes Texas look like North Korea.

snatale42
12-11-2011, 11:21
My big problem is with Smith & Wesson. They seem to take FOREVER to get any new models made ok to sell here.

Think of it from there view, even if they submit to the commiewealths BS to get on the approved roster, how many people are really gonna buy them, compared to every other state? It sucks, but legit. Plus the fact on top of getting it on the list (which probably costs them money to do) they also have to put crappy triggers on them and sell them with cripple mags. Nobody in a free state would ever buy one, so they have to produce different "versions" of the gun. EOPS knows the list does nothing, they don't block FA10 sales of non approved guns, there only hurting people, FFL's and THEIR tax money. GOAL needs to get their crap together and start fighting that list!